1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 00:51
    Three simply questions that can be simply answered. These are for those who believe they are saved which would mean immortality on some level.
    The bible never says humans who live on the earth will ever be immortal because as of now all humans sin and will always have the ability to sin if one so desired.
    The only humans that will become immortal are those chosen by Jesus to join him in heaven.
    There are clear qualifications described in the bible to be chosen by Jesus as well as clear commands of things not to do in order to be chosen.
    There are also clear descriptions of what those chosen will be doing in heaven during those thousand years.

So my simple questions that ones who say they are saved NOW, can simply be answered by scriptures, are these:

1. What are the qualifications that Jesus demands?

2. What did Jesus command of those who he would pick, not to do?

3. What will ones chosen by Jesus do with him in heaven for those thousand years the bible describes?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 01:322 edits
    Originally posted by @galveston75
    Three simply questions that can be simply answered. These are for those who believe they are saved which would mean immortality on some level.
    The bible never says humans who live on the earth will ever be immortal because as of now all humans sin and will always have the ability to sin if one so desired.
    The only humans that will become immortal a ...[text shortened]... at will ones chosen by Jesus do with him in heaven for those thousand years the bible describes?
    You will have a lot of complications with that discussion
    The word saved has a wide array of meanings.
    It does not always mean eternal life.
    In fact it hardly ever does.

Saved and eternal life are two separate and distinct things.
    The whole world is saved by the death of Christ.
    But the whole world does not get eternal life.
    So saved and eternal life are not synonyms

Salvation is a process
    It starts of with being saved.
    that means saved from sin by the acceptance of and believing in Christ.
    Then comes the process by which a Christian grows in the teachings of Christ
    Commandments need to be followed.
    A righteous lifestyle unspotted from the world is essential
    Failure can be serious.

You need to define your key terms
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 02:29
    The only humans that will become immortal a ...[text shortened]... at will ones chosen by Jesus do with him in heaven for those thousand years the bible describes?
    Yep, simple and unambiguous 😵
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 03:49
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    You will have a lot of complications with that discussion
    The word saved has a wide array of meanings.
    It does not always mean eternal life.
    In fact it hardly ever does.

Saved and eternal life are two separate and distinct things.
    The whole world is saved by the death of Christ.
    But the whole world does not get eternal life.
    So saved and eternal li ...[text shortened]... potted from the world is essential
    Failure can be serious.

You need to define your key terms
    I know that but they apparently don't. But thanks...
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 03:49
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Yep, simple and unambiguous 😵
    What? You aren't even going to try? Is it because you can't????
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 04:08
    I disagree with a lot of your premise but rather than state my objections to the premise, I’ll just answer your three questions:

1) Someone gets saved by John 3:16 and Romans 10:9.

2) Jesus doesn’t pick who gets saved. Whether one obtains salvation or not is entirely up to the individual.

3) Jesus doesn’t pick who gets saved. Whether one obtains salvation or not is entirely up to the individual. I am looking forward to the new heaven and new earth as described in Revelation. Not sure what happens between my death and the new heaven and new earth and don’t really care because I’ll be with the Lord.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 04:58
    This was the “verse of the day” that I received in my e-mail on Sunday.

“Jesus said unto her,I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?”

(John 11:25-26)

Does that sound like Jesus is saying He will choose who obtains salvation and who doesn’t or is Jesus saying each individual decides for himself or herself?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 06:24
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    I disagree with a lot of your premise but rather than state my objections to the premise, I’ll just answer your three questions:

2) Jesus doesn’t pick who gets saved. Whether one obtains salvation or not is entirely up to the individual.

3) Jesus doesn’t pick who gets saved. Whether one obtains ...[text shortened]... n my death and the new heaven and new earth and don’t really care because I’ll be with the Lord.
    Thanks for commenting. I'll be back with you in the morning....
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 08:042 edits

You have attempted to hone your skills in teaching.
    But you still have wrong things to teach.

Refining your presentation as a "pioneer" witness doesn't correct the wrongness of those teachings.

"He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life." (1 John 5:12)

Wherever that person is - he has the eternal life.
    If he is in heaven, he has the eternal life.
    Even if he is in hell, he has the eternal life.
    If he is on Mars or Neptune or in another galaxy he has the eternal life because he has the Son of God.

The location of where the possessor is is secondary.
    That the possessor HAS the Son of God is his having the life, the eternal life.

Watchtower has blinded you.

"And this is the testimony, that God gave to us eternal life and this life is in His Son." (v.11)

It does not say "This life is in Heaven". Neither does it say "This life is on Earth."

It says -
    " ... and this life is in His Son.

He who has the Son has the life,"

And that REGARDLESS of where he is.

"..., he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life."

And that even if he be in Heaven or anywhere ELSE.
    (One exception there is which I withhold from discussion now)
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 08:22

I told you above that the Son of God IS the eternal life.
    If you HAVE the Son you HAVE the eternal life - regardless of where you are.

Now you express your DOUBT in the power of God's full salvation. Now you express your underestimation of the power of God being dispensed INTO man that man be made like Christ.

Didn't you read that in the new heavens and new earth righteousness dwells?

"But according to His promise we are expecting new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells." (2 Peter 3:13)

This is not a new heaven and new earth where we do the best we can and see how it turns out. This is not a new heaven and a new earth where we give it our best shot and just maybe we'll be good enough.

This is a new universe (heaven and earth) in which RIGHTEOUSNESS DWELLS.

God's dispensing of His divine nature into man must bring us to be perfect even as our heavenly Father is perfect.

Before the creation of the universe He PLANNED according to His good pleasure, to have sons WITHOUT blemish or spot before Him in love forever.

"Even as He chose us in HIm before the foundation of the world to be holy and without blemish before Him in love,

Predestinating us unto sonship through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will, "(Eph. 1:4,5)

Don't be perplexed about predestination verses free will.
    Realize that it is "IN HIM" I have a destiny marked out beforehand to be holy and without blemish before God.

Didn't you read that Christ the High Priest ever lives to intercede for the saved? He is ABLE to save them TO THE UTTERMOST.

"Be He, because He abides forever, has His priesthood unalterable.

Hence also He is ABLE to save to the uttermost those who come forward to God through Him, since He lives always to intercede for them." (Hebrews 7:23,25)
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 20:53

3) Jesus doesn’t pick who gets saved. Whether one obtains ...[text shortened]... n my death and the new heaven and new earth and don’t really care because I’ll be with the Lord.
    Thanks again for your comments.
    I'll respond to your second answer first while I have this scripture in front of me. There is another I'm looking for now.

#2. Well your right and your wrong on this. True it is not Jesus who gives eternal salvation, but it is by him that some can gain it because of his sacrifice but it is his Father Jehovah who is the one who gives salvation or eternal life.

Ephesians 2:8
    8 By this undeserved kindness you have been saved through faith, and this is not of your own doing; rather, it is God’s gift.

Will get back asap. really busy at work today.....
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 21:01
    What? You aren't even going to try? Is it because you can't????
    Yeah, that’s right Galveston75 it’s because I can’t understand your deep spiritual wisdom.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 21:33
    Thanks again for your comments.
    I'll respond to your second answer first while I have this scripture in front of me. There is another I'm looking for now.

#2. Well your right and your wrong on this. True it is not Jesus who gives eternal salvation, but it is by him that some can gain it because of his sacrifice but it is his Father Jehovah who is t ...[text shortened]... your own doing; rather, it is God’s gift.

Will get back asap. really busy at work today.....
    God the Father offers the gift of salvation through belief in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection. It’s up to the individual to decide if he or she accepts this gift. Therefore, the question of whether one is saved or not is up to the individual.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 22:44
    God the Father offers the gift of salvation through belief in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection. It’s up to the individual to decide if he or she accepts this gift. Therefore, the question of whether one is saved or not is up to the individual.
    Yes you are right. I was just pointing out that yes it's up to us to initiate that process, but it goes no father until Jehovah gives it to us. We never get salvation on our own. Our actions and faith have to be there, have to be honest and then Jehovah see's that and will act accordingly if he sees that our heart is pure on this.
    Also we again have the chance to live because of Jesus's sacrifice but the finale judgement is made by his Father. Jesus is a savior because of his actions, but Jehovah is our finale savior because or his being the Almighty God.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 22:46
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Yeah, that’s right Galveston75 it’s because I can’t understand your deep spiritual wisdom.
    Hummmm yeah that's pretty close but it's more that you don't let Jehovah show you. But then it's a hard thing to do when you don't even believe in him or use his name.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree