1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148451
    16 Apr '17 18:253 edits
    Jamie Roberson day, he broke into baseball as the first black baseball player. Yesterday all baseball players wore his number 42, in his honor. A good thing honoring him, 42 showing every player on the field are equal in status and importance.

    Jesus Christ died for all of us so we all can be saved in Christ. In Christ none of us are more important than the next. In Christ we are not divided by sex, nationality, age, color, even our own righteousness is set aside for Christ's forgiveness.

    The best part of life is coming to our Creator, being given His grace, mercy, love, and Spirit to know and grow in Him. Taking His yoke upon us to follow, obey, and grow in Him, He promises His, to never leave us or forsake us.
  2. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    110585
    16 Apr '17 22:38
    Your first sentence is factually incorrect. The remaining sentences are not based on fact, but rather hope because of the fear of death.
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    16 Apr '17 22:47
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Jamie Roberson day, he broke into baseball as the first black baseball player. Yesterday all baseball players wore his number 42, in his honor. A good thing honoring him, 42 showing every player on the field are equal in status and importance.
    It's odd that you'd start your thread with a dollop of sentimental nonsense about what a bunch of baseball pros wearing the same number apparently "shows". The suggestion that all baseball players "are equal in status and importance" shows complete ignorance of the economic and commercial reality of pro sports. Was this bromide blather about "42" supposed to make everything else you said in your OP seem perceptive and realistic?
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    16 Apr '17 23:16
    Say something good, and the naysayers will kill it every time. Never fails.
  5. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    16 Apr '17 23:33
    Originally posted by josephw
    Say something good, and the naysayers will kill it every time. Never fails.
    When people say things that are untrue, naysaying is appropriate.
  6. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    17 Apr '17 00:25
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Jamie Roberson day, he broke into baseball as the first black baseball player. Yesterday all baseball players wore his number 42, in his honor. A good thing honoring him, 42 showing every player on the field are equal in status and importance.

    Jesus Christ died for all of us so we all can be saved in Christ. In Christ none of us are more important than t ...[text shortened]... yoke upon us to follow, obey, and grow in Him, He promises His, to never leave us or forsake us.
    The Bible speaks of some being greater than others in the Kingdom of God. Oneness in Christ does not mean equality.
  7. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    17 Apr '17 00:32
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The Bible speaks of some being greater than others in the Kingdom of God. Oneness in Christ does not mean equality.
    I once asked sonship if every Christian was obliged to take the same obsessive boffin approach to the Bible as he does in order to be "saved" and he answered in a slightly oblique way by saying no but then went on about how some are greater than others in the Kingdom of God.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148451
    17 Apr '17 00:38
    Originally posted by josephw
    Say something good, and the naysayers will kill it every time. Never fails.
    True to their nature.
  9. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    17 Apr '17 00:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    I once asked sonship if every Christian was obliged to take the same obsessive boffin approach to the Bible as he does in order to be "saved" and he answered in a slightly oblique way by saying no but then went on about how some are greater than others in the Kingdom of God.
    Inequality in the Kingdom of God is clearly stated by Jesus himself. I dont know what foolishness KJ is talking about.
  10. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    17 Apr '17 00:541 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    True to their nature.
    Perhaps spouting nonsense in the OP followed by your huffy, self-reverential inability to process criticism is you being true to your nature, KellyJay.
  11. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    17 Apr '17 01:10
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Inequality in the Kingdom of God is clearly stated by Jesus himself. I dont know what foolishness KJ is talking about.
    That's because you're too dense to understand what Kelly is talking about.

    Why don't you go back and read the OP?
  12. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    17 Apr '17 01:13
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Inequality in the Kingdom of God is clearly stated by Jesus himself. I dont know what foolishness KJ is talking about.
    Whatever inequality there is in the Kingdom of God it won't be based on race, buffoon.
  13. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    17 Apr '17 01:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps spouting nonsense in the OP followed by your huffy, self-reverential inability to process criticism is you being true to your nature, KellyJay.
    "...huffy, self-reverential inability..."

    And you think that makes sense.
  14. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    17 Apr '17 01:21
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"...huffy, self-reverential inability..."

    And you think that makes sense.[/b]
    Yes, absolutely. It gets to the very heart of KellyJay's forum persona's constipation.
  15. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    17 Apr '17 01:24
    Originally posted by josephw
    Whatever inequality there is in the Kingdom of God it won't be based on race, buffoon.
    Well, KellyJay said "In Christ none of us are more important than the next" and then included "righteousness" in his list of attributes that he reckons it applies to. If it's biblical, then so be it, but you calling someone who queries the scriptural basis of KellyJay's assertion a "buffoon" is a lack-of-rebuttal rather than a rebuttal.
Back to Top