USA
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 18:41
    Originally posted by sonship
    Jamie who ?
    You must mean [b]Jackie Robinson
    ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Robinson

Jack Roosevelt "Jackie" Robinson (January 31, 1919 – October 24, 1972) was an American professional baseball second baseman who became the first African American to play in Major League Baseball (MLB) in the modern era.[1] Robinson broke the baseball color line when the Brooklyn Dodgers started him at first base on April 15, 1947.
    [/b]
    Okay
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 20:251 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Jesus Christ died for all of us so we all can be saved in Christ. In Christ none of us are more important than the next. In Christ we are not divided by sex, nationality, age, color, even our own righteousness is set aside for Christ's forgiveness.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christ is all and in all.
    He created in Himself the "one new man" .

This oneness is very important to the whole blessing of life forevermore.
    We can see this is "Psalm 133". Where there is the dwelling together in unity there the Lord commands the blessing - even life forevermore.

" Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity!

It is like the fine oil upon the head that ran down upon the beard, upon Aaron's beard, that ran down upon the hem of his garments." (vs.1,2)

You know that oil is a symbol of the Holy Spirit. The flowing down of the Holy Spirit is rich, covering the whole body of believers where brothers dwell together in unity.

"Like the dew of Herman that comes down upon the moutains of Zion.

For there Jehovah commanded the blessing: Life forever." (vs.3)

The unity is like the dew - so refreshing.
    The unity brings in the refreshment and the kingdom authority ("upon the mountains of Ziion").

There God COMMANDS the blessing. Life is abundant for those dwelling in oneness in Christ. God commands life forever - life forever more.

You are spot on to show the importance of unity in Jesus Christ. We can see how the first disciples were receiving the outpoured Holy Spirit because they were one with one another in Christ.

I think that before Pentecost they must have had a time of reconciling between themselves and forgiving one another. And God commanded the blessing. The Holy Spirit that was already in them, was then poured out upon their unity.

Praise the Lord for oneness in Christ - by Him a possibility.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 20:47
    [b] Jesus Christ died for all of us so we all can be saved in Christ. In Christ none of us are more important than the next. In Christ we are not divided by sex, nationality, age, color, even our own righteousness is set aside for Christ's forgiveness.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christ ...[text shortened]... n poured out upon their unity.

Praise the Lord for oneness in Christ - by Him a possibility.[/b]
    You read like one of the Buddhists; lots of words but in essence a verbose but empty rhetoric. Sorry, but that's how is seems to me.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 09:132 edits
    Jamie Roberson day, he broke into baseball as the first black baseball player. Yesterday all baseball players wore his number 42, in his honor. A good thing honoring him, 42 showing every player on the field are equal in status and importance.

Jesus Christ died for all of us so we all can be saved in Christ. In Christ none of us are more important than t ...[text shortened]... yoke upon us to follow, obey, and grow in Him, He promises His, to never leave us or forsake us.
    Correcting:
    Jackie Robinson day:
    The point of the Op was in Christ, right here, right now we are all equal before God, and
    we should be before man too. Since we are all sinners, our righteousness is in Christ, it
    isn't something we can brag about due to who we are, or are not, it isn't something we
    can earn by doing, since our works are not what save us. Neither does our nationality,
    age, color, wealth or lack thereof, or any other superficial thing about us in this world.

What occurs in heaven will relate to what is done here, for reward, not worth. Jesus when
    He was speaking about us here made it clear, whatever was done to least of His was
    just as if it were done to Him. No one here is valued less than another. One can have
    more skill sets, one can have a high position, that does not make them more valuable to
    God. With respect to higher positions, the servant here will be greater in heaven than
    those that lord over others in this life.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 09:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You read like one of the Buddhists; lots of words but in essence a verbose but empty rhetoric. Sorry, but that's how is seems to me.
    For example; what (exactly) does this mean?

"This oneness is very important to the whole blessing of life forevermore."
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 09:331 edit
    The point of the Op was in Christ, right here, right now we are all equal before God, and we should be before man too. Since we are all sinners, our righteousness is in Christ, it isn't something we can brag about due to who we are, or are not, it isn't something we can earn by doing, since our works are not what save us.
    So it doesn't matter if you "sin". And it doesn't matter if you live a good life and do good works or not. You are "forgiven" anyway and you are "saved" anyway, and your certainty that you are "forgiven" and "saved" is something that you CAN "brag" about on internet message boards. This is what Jackie Robinson Day means to you?
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 10:34
    Correcting:
    Jackie Robinson day:
    The point of the Op was in Christ, right here, right now we are all equal before God, and
    we should be before man too. Since we are all sinners, our righteousness is in Christ, it
    isn't something we can brag about due to who we are, or are not, it isn't something we
    can earn by doing, since our works are not what save u ...[text shortened]... ions, the servant here will be greater in heaven than
    those that lord over others in this life.
    Mark tells us that "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

I struggle to see how this fits in with the idea that our works are superfluous and that our ' wealth or lack thereof' is not a factor in our salvation.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 11:51
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Mark tells us that "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

I struggle to see how this fits in with the idea that our works are superfluous and that our ' wealth or lack thereof' is not a factor in our salvation.
    I can see why you are having difficulty with this.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 12:20

Did I say salvation or worth? I wanted to stress no one is so bad that Jesus can't save them. Rich or poor has nothing to do with that, it is Jesus not us that matters, His grace saves us not our bank accounts or lack there of.

I do believe our pride harms us more than what we own, our affections can be placed on things that will not last.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 12:56
    Did I say salvation or worth? I wanted to stress no one is so bad that Jesus can't save them. Rich or poor has nothing to do with that, it is Jesus not us that matters, His grace saves us not our bank accounts or lack there of.

I do believe our pride harms us more than what we own, our affections can be placed on things that will not last.
    Do you believe a rich man will struggle to enter the Kingdom of God?

Isn't the Mark passage I provided meaningless if we are saved by grace alone?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 13:20

It is one of the flaws of humans to move to the easy road. Christianity has fallen because rather than listen to Jesus they have moved to faith alone or grace alone doctrines.

Jesus requires people to pursue a life of righteousness and good works for entry into the Kingdom of God... this is the narrow road.

Christians say that faith alone and grace alone [saved by grace through faith] gives one entry into the Kingdom, and nothing more is required [this is the broad road]. In fact they claim that any effort to do good works and to live righteously is very bad since it is trying to earn your salvation.

Jesus Christ and Christians are worlds apart.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 13:30
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Christians say that faith alone and grace alone [saved by grace through faith] gives one entry into the Kingdom, and nothing more is required [this is the broad road].
    Indeed, even more intriguing than this is the pile-it-on-even-more 'doctrine' put forward by Grampy Bobby (and others) which is that, once one believes in Christ, one gains "entry into the Kingdom" and this destiny cannot be undone or reversed.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 13:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Indeed, even more intriguing than this is the pile-it-on-even-more 'doctrine' put forward by Grampy Bobby (and others) which is that, once one believes in Christ, one gains "entry into the Kingdom" and this destiny cannot be undone or reversed.
    Yep .. of course. Its unbiblical nonsense preached by churches to get the masses to come in and fatten the bank accounts of greedy pastors.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 13:501 edit

Did you ever read the rest of the passage and contemplate how it relates?

Think on the following sentences also while you contemplate the difficulty of a rich man entering into the kingdom of God.

" It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. (v.25)

But they were astonished beyond measure and said among themselves, Then who can be saved ? (v.26)

Looking upon them, Jesus said, With men it is impossible, but not with God, for all things are possible with God." (v.27)

You see Ghost this is why I started a thread on Helps in Reading the Bible. Don't just stop at verse 25 about the human impossibility. Go on in your reading. Take in ALSO the following teaching of Jesus at His disciples' astonishment - "who then can be saved?"

He looks at them. His look seems to imply that there are things of which they are not yet aware. But He is aware. And He knows the power of God's salvation. And He gives them a little glimpse into the future. Yes, with you and I it is impossible as fallen, greedy, self-centered, and anxious men consumed with our dubious wealth.

Take in ALSO His word -

"With men it is impossible, but not with God, for all things are possible with God." (v.27)

Take in the rest of the passage too. That is all I am saying at the moment.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 14:02
    Did you ever read the rest of the passage and contemplate how it relates?

Think on the following sentences also while you contemplate the difficulty of a rich man entering into the kingdom of God.

[b] " It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. (v.25)

But they were a ...[text shortened]... 27)

Take in the rest of the passage too. That is all I am saying at the moment.[/b]
    As usual you stop short of the clear answer given by Christ. Here it is:

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first. (Matthew 19:26-30 KJV)

Who is saved and who enters the Kingdom of God?

Those who follow Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree