1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 May '14 15:33
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I go by evidence. I don't need an ancient Egyptian fairy tale.
    What is your evidence for your evolution fairy tale?

YouTube
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 May '14 16:17
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Well, I don't agree with either one. I believe the Holy Bible states that the creation time was only six literal days with no time for billions of years to be inserted. Perhaps you will be able to convince sonhouse of your point of view since he already believes in the billions of years.
    Six literal days?

So, answer me this: Do you think the seventh day (the day of God's rest) was somehow longer than the rest? What day are we in now?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '14 20:432 edits
    Well, I don't agree with either one. I believe the Holy Bible states that the creation time was only six literal days with no time for billions of years to be inserted. Perhaps you will be able to convince sonhouse of your point of view since he already believes in the billions of years.

My approach to preaching the word of God puts a little more emphasis on how it all is going to conclude more so than how it all began.

I see many times more focus upon this in the New Testament than on many passages teaching about the length of the days in Genesis.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 May '14 23:29
    Originally posted by sonship

My approach to preaching the word of Go ...[text shortened]... his in the New Testament than on many passages teaching about the length of the days in Genesis.
    RJ has this problem: OCD.

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/obsessive_compulsive_disorder_ocd.htm
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 May '14 00:341 edit

My approach to preaching the word of Go ...[text shortened]... his in the New Testament than on many passages teaching about the length of the days in Genesis.
    Well, someone has to put more focus on the truth of the beginning as recorded in Genesis, otherwise there is no need to believe in the New Testament and how it is going to conclude. For if you can't trust how it began, you sure can't trust how it is going to end. It is Genesis that people like sonhouse read first. If they don't believe what Moses wrote in Genesis, then they will certainly consider the New Testament account as nonsense.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '14 02:417 edits
    Well, someone has to put more focus on the truth of the beginning as recorded in Genesis, otherwise there is no need to believe in the New Testament and how it is going to conclude. to end.

You seem to focus more on science that you think argues for the history of the universe going back 6,000 years. You seem to focus more on this than on "what is recorded in Genesis."

I see video after video about what was recorded by science theorists. I think your sense of priorities places them first and the words of Genesis secondarily.

It is Genesis that people like sonhouse read first. If they don't believe what Moses wrote in Genesis, then they will certainly consider the New Testament account as nonsense.

Don't blame sonhouse's unbelief on the many Bible students who believe "In the beginning" only tells us that the universe had its source in the Creator, but we do not know when.

Hebrews 11:3 speaking of faith says only - "By faith we understand that the universe has been framed by the word of God, so that what is seen Has not come into being out of things which appear."

It seems that you wish it said that it is by faith "that we know the date of creation. "
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 May '14 03:39
    Well, someone has to put more focus on the truth of the beginning as recorded in Genesis, otherwise there is no need to believe in the New Testament and how it is going to conclude. to end.

You seem to focus more on science that you think argues for the history of the universe going back 6,000 years. You seem to focus more on this tha ...[text shortened]... It seems that you wish it said that it is by faith "that we know the [b]date
    of creation. "[/b]
    And it seems that you wish it said that it is by faith in scientists "that we know the age of creation is 13.8 billion years.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '14 03:46
    And it seems that you wish it said that it is by faith in scientists "that we know the [b]age of creation is 13.8 billion years.[/b]
    No I don't. Scientist will say something today. Scientists may say something else years from now.

I point out that in spite of shifting science speculations, the Scripture says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." .

And I point out that the writer of Hebrews only goes so far as to mention that it is only by faith we understand that the universe was created by God out of nothing which appears to human beings.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 May '14 05:192 edits
    No I don't. Scientist will say something today. Scientists may say something else years from now.

I point out that in spite of shifting science speculations, the Scripture says [b]"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

And I point out that the writer of Hebrews only goes so far as to mention that it is only by fa ...[text shortened]... we understand that the universe was created by God out of nothing which appears to human beings.
    It is by faith that I believe in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day as is recorded in the ten commandments (Exodus 20:11 NASB).

I have yet to see anything that adds up to billions of years concerning the creation. Can you show me where it is?
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 May '14 05:33
    It is by faith that I believe [b]in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day as is recorded in the ten commandments (Exodus 20:11 NASB).

I have yet to see anything that adds up to billions of years concerning the creation. Can you show me where it is?[/b]
    "It is by faith that I believe [b]in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth,..."

So you have came to the conclusion that is hasn't anything to do with science? Just blind faith? Well done! Good boy!
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 May '14 05:43
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    [b]"It is by faith that I believe [b]in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth,..."

So you have came to the conclusion that is hasn't anything to do with science? Just blind faith? Well done! Good boy![/b]
    I am not putting my faith in blind science over the truth of the inspired word of God. I only accept blind science in as much as it does not contradict the inspired word of God.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 May '14 10:26
    I am not putting my faith in blind science over the truth of the inspired word of God. I only accept blind science in as much as it does not contradict the inspired word of God.
    You have just admitted that you prefer blind faith over science. That's enough for me.
    Well don! Good boy!
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '14 11:182 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You have just admitted that you prefer blind faith over science. That's enough for me.
    Well don! Good boy!
    He did not even use the phrase "blind faith". You're putting words into his mouth.

Bad boy. Not well done or done honestly, really.

But I'll give you a benefit of a doubt. You assume faith in "the inspired word of God" is "blind" with no confirming evidence that one is on the right track to trust it. You make that assumption, I think.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '14 11:367 edits
    It is by faith that I believe [b]in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day as is recorded in the ten commandments (Exodus 20:11 NASB).

I have yet to see anything that adds up to billions of years concerning the creation. Can you show me where it is?[/b]
    Exodus 20:11 does not use the word created but made . I believe the difference is deliberate and made would not insist on no ancient world before Genesis 1:2 could have existed.

I have yet to see anything that adds up to billions of years concerning the creation. Can you show me where it is?

I can show you that there are other places in God's word where time is related to us according to God's priorities. And I can show you other places where a gap in time exists (according to our reckoning).

One example is in Hebrews 11 where the writer is speaking about the heroes of faith. Look at verses 28 through 30.

" By faith he [Moses] instituted the Passover and the pouring out of the blood so that the one destroying the firstborn would not touch them. (v.28)

By faith the passed through the Red Sea as through dry land, in which the Egyptians, while making the attempt, were swallowed up. (v.29)

By faith the walls of Jericho fell, having been encircled for a period of seven days.(v.30)

In this chapter as Hebrews goes through a chronology of events of faith, the 40 years wandering in the wilderness is simply skipped over. There is effectively a gap in time. The Holy Spirit wants to impress us with -

1.) The Passover sacrifice in Egypt by the Hebrews
    2.) The passing through the Red Sea of the Hebrews
    3.) The battle of Jericho (40 years latter) by the Hebrews.

Between the passing through the Red Sea and the battle of Jericho there is an interval of time that is simply not mentioned. Perhaps this is because the wandering in the wilderness of the Hebrews for 40 years was not because of their faith but because of the lack thereof and their disobedience.

According to God's priorities in time keeping, there is simply a jumping over an interval of time to get to the Spirit's next exemplified act of faith.

The illustration demonstrates that the inspired Scripture will sometimes chronically review history from God's time accounting and according to God's priorities.

I believe a similar gap occurs between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. That is all. It could have been a very long time according to human time accounting.

Other examples of time intervals can be given.
    And sometimes people are simply left out of genealogies because for reasons of them not being pertinent to God's plan or deviant from His will in some way.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 May '14 16:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.aldokkan.com/religion/creation.htm

Jewish/Christian creation tale is actually just a plagiarized Egyptian myth shoehorned in MUCH later.

This tale started out about 6,500 years ago......
    "Jewish/Christian creation tale is actually just a plagiarized Egyptian myth shoehorned in MUCH later."

To bad you don't apply the same critical examination to the authenticity of the myths you claim precede the Word of God.

But no! For you everything is evidence against the truth of God's Word.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree