1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '15 10:062 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If God is high up in the third heaven, the earth could not be considered His throne or His crown now could it?
    Are you genuinely answering my general point about scriptural metaphors not being literal, or are you deliberately obfuscating by commenting why God used a footstool as a metaphor?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 May '15 18:28
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you genuinely answering my general point about scriptural metaphors not being literal, or are you deliberately obfuscating by commenting why God used a footstool as a metaphor?
    I do not deny that it is a metaphor and metaphors are used for highlighting the similarities between different things. But I do not admit that the Holy Bible is made up entirely of metaphors with no actual history to be found.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '15 19:09
    If God is high up in the third heaven, the earth could not be considered His throne or His crown now could it?
    By the way, what is "third" heaven?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '15 19:12
    I do not deny that it is a metaphor and metaphors are used for highlighting the similarities between different things. But I do not admit that the Holy Bible is made up entirely of metaphors with no actual history to be found.
    I'm not suggesting that the Bible is made up entirely of metaphors. I'm trying to understand why you believe that the concept of black holes goes against scripture. So far you haven't made much of a case to be honest.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 May '15 19:47
    I'm not suggesting that the Bible is made up entirely of metaphors. I'm trying to understand why you believe that the concept of black holes goes against scripture. So far you haven't made much of a case to be honest.
    Because curtains do not normally have black holes in them.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '15 20:331 edit
    Because curtains do not normally have black holes in them.
    Goodbye and good luck with the banjo lessons.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '15 20:33
    I tried.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 May '15 20:43
    Black holes in space are obviously cancelled out by the two opposing scientific theories and the Holy Bible says nothing about them in the curtain-like fabric of space.

So common sense reasoning would require us to believe that they were not mentioned because they were not there. It is not logical to think God would make black holes in His curtain of space.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '15 05:161 edit
    Black holes in space are obviously cancelled out by the two opposing scientific theories and the Holy Bible says nothing about them in the curtain-like fabric of space.

So common sense reasoning would require us to believe that they were not mentioned because they were not there. It is not logical to think God would make black holes in His curtain of space.
    Are you saying then that if any cosmic phenomena is not specifically mentioned in the Bible, you don't believe it exists?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '15 09:051 edit
    Are you saying then that if any cosmic phenomena is not specifically mentioned in the Bible, you don't believe it exists?
    No, of course not.

Are you saying you are stupid?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '15 09:222 edits
    Are you saying you are stupid?
    How does your silly comment address my question to you? Do you ever read you posts back to yourself and find it dawning on you why people hold your opinions in such low regard?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '15 09:58
    How does your silly comment address my question to you? Do you ever read you posts back to yourself and find it dawning on you why people hold your opinions in such low regard?
    😴
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '15 10:23
    Scripture uses the metaphor "curtain" to describe the heavens/space and because "curtains" don't have black holes in them, you therefore don't believe black holes exist - this is your position correct?

You come on the forum, start a thread making big claims and then go all silly and childish when you are challenged about them. Do you think this strengthens or weakens your position?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '15 17:22
    Scripture uses the metaphor "curtain" to describe the heavens/space and because "curtains" don't have black holes in them, you therefore don't believe black holes exist - this is your position correct?

You come on the forum, start a thread making big claims and then go all silly and childish when you are challenged about them. Do you think this strengthens or weakens your position?
    From my viewpoint it seems that you are acting like an idiot with no ability to understand the simplest of concepts. Maybe it would be better for you to act like you have some common sense even if you don't.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '15 17:381 edit
    From my viewpoint it seems that you are acting like an idiot with no ability to understand the simplest of concepts. Maybe it would be better for you to act like you have some common sense even if you don't.
    OK you think I'm an idiot with no common sense because I'm asking you questions you don't like, is that it? I started this thread offering people who believe in the 6,000 years theory to explain their case but now you have hijacked it with abuse and childishness. Why can't you just engage in discussion?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree