1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 May '15 17:00
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Dude I don't think he's got even a vague handle on what a black hole actually is.
    My vague idea of a black hole is that it is an invisible hole in space that a planet or other objects can fall or be sucked into and disappear from sight.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 May '15 17:12
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Some here claim that the earth is only 6000 years old. What is the reasoning behind this?
    You are all wrong, creation is only as old as I am. It was all created for me I tell ya! 😠
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 May '15 17:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Holy Bible reveals the heavens are like a curtain and that God spreads or stretches them out, but it says nothing about big black holes in the curtains. So I do not really question the scientific theory that the fabric of space has expanded or even that it may still be expanding for there is also support for that idea in the Holy Bible. However, I need a ...[text shortened]... abric of space, especially when there are two contradictory scientific theories on that subject.
    Good Lord.

Ron, how many times have I told you that "God does not tell us everything"?

Traffic lights aren't in the Bible either. Does this mean they do not exist?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 May '15 18:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Good Lord.

Ron, how many times have I told you that [b]"God does not tell us everything"
    ?

Traffic lights aren't in the Bible either. Does this mean they do not exist?[/b]
    Even though Traffic lights are not in the Holy Bible, I have sufficent evidence to believe in them. I don't have sufficient evidence to believe in Black Holes in space and neither do you or anyone else.

Did you read that article I linked about the scientific theory that there are no Black Holes in space?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 May '15 18:27
    Black holes apparently have mass ... I didn't even know they were catholic.

😞
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 May '15 20:11
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Black holes apparently have mass ... I didn't even know they were catholic.

😞
    Maybe they exist in the mind of the catholic. 😀
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 May '15 21:06
    Even though Traffic lights are not in the Holy Bible, I have sufficent evidence to believe in them. I don't have sufficient evidence to believe in Black Holes in space and neither do you or anyone else.

Did you read that article I linked about the scientific theory that there are no Black Holes in space?
    Ron, when you carry on like this, it is like talking to a child.

There is plenty of evidence for black holes. You just don't believe that evidence. That is a huge difference.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 May '15 21:07
    Would you read an article that claims there are no traffic lights?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 May '15 21:111 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Would you read an article that claims there are no traffic lights?
    Where is it? Have you seen any Black Holes in space?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 May '15 02:382 edits
    Where is it? Have you seen any Black Holes in space?
    Here is one, not that you would give a shyte:

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/space/photos/10-incredible-images-of-black-holes/slingshot-effect

They can tell it is a black hole because of the energy emitted by the thing and analyzing the motions of stars in orbit around it. You can orbit a black hole if you are far enough away from the event horizon.

I suppose you don't even believe space can bend, time can bend and light can travel in curved lines of space times. Black holes can absorb light because the escape velocity is greater than the speed of light so once inside the event horizon, light cannot escape.

There is a bit coming out, Steven Hawking showed that but mostly light just stays inside as well as anything else that enters the event horizon.

It is you, like the idiots of the 19th century who said it would be impossible for man to fly because he could not stand the tremendous forces on his body flying in the sky.

That is you but in a more modern setting.

It has been proven hundreds of times over that the deeper you go in a gravity field, the slower time flows.

Atomic clocks are so accurate now that they can tell if they have been moved as little as one meter vertically, going up causes the clock to run ever so slightly faster and going deeper causes it to slow down.

The same thing happens if an atomic clock goes, say, in space, the faster it goes, the slower time flows.

Just another phenomena for you to poo poo of course.

Don't worry, I am under no delusion you would believe any of this.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 May '15 05:231 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/space/photos/10-incredible-images-of-black-holes/slingshot-effect

They can tell it is a black hole because of the energy emitted by the thing and analyzing the motions of stars in orbit around it. You can orbit a black hole if you are far enough away from the event horizon. ...[text shortened]... you to poo poo of course.

NASA believes this image shows evidence of a recoiling black hole, caused either by two supermassive black holes colliding with each other to form a system, or it is the “slingshot effect” formed from a system that had three black holes.

Read more: http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/space/photos/10-incredible-images-of-black-holes/slingshot-effect#ixzz3Z90LUO7f

WHAT BULLSHYTE.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 May '15 06:56
    Originally posted by sonhouse

They can tell it is a black hole because of the energy emitted by the thing and analyzing the motions of stars in orbit around it. You can orbit a black hole if you are far enough away from the event horizon. ...[text shortened]... you to poo poo of course.

Aahhh, relativity.

Just a bit beyond Mr. Hinds, I think. A bit.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '15 07:241 edit
    The Holy Bible reveals the heavens are like a curtain and that God spreads or stretches them out, but it says nothing about big black holes in the curtains.
    Duplicate post
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '15 07:271 edit
    The Holy Bible reveals the heavens are like a curtain and that God spreads or stretches them out, but it says nothing about big black holes in the curtains.
    OK to continue your soft-furnishings metaphor, the Bible (God) also says to Christ "the Earth is your foot stool " but how does that work without a chair? My point being that these scriptures are metaphors and not literal blueprints.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 May '15 09:31
    Originally posted by divegeester
    OK to continue your soft-furnishings metaphor, the Bible (God) also says to Christ "the Earth is your foot stool " but how does that work without a chair? My point being that these scriptures are metaphors and not literal blueprints.
    If God is high up in the third heaven, the earth could not be considered His throne or His crown now could it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree