1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 May '15 00:34
    Big Bang theory wrong - Big Bang never happened, Black Holes dont exist new theory claims

YouTube
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 May '15 09:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, I believe the YEC worldview is the correct one and the one that both Moses and Christ also believed and put forth in the Holy Bible. That is why I mentioned them. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    I already know what you believe I'm asking you for the third time:

Is the 6000 years idea a doctrine for you? I.e. a deal-breaker where one must accept it or not be a Christian?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 May '15 14:513 edits
    Big Bang theory wrong - Big Bang never happened, Black Holes dont exist new theory claims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_54mkhf5SM
    So this foul mouthed fella comes up brimming over with suspicion with anything of recent thought and seems to worship all thoughts that follow the "good ole way" or something. So the sited professor has some objections to black holes. That's ok.

So black holes and Big Bang are still under some scrutiny. So some problems being pointed out with both theories. So what?

Some of these guys sound like they just worship all things conservative for its own sake. ie. "Don't trust anything that isn't the OLD way" - the good ole past forever !
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 May '15 14:522 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I already know what you believe I'm asking you for the third time:

[b]Is the 6000 years idea a doctrine for you? I.e. a deal-breaker where one must accept it or not be a Christian?
    [/b]
    I hold to a Young Earth Creation Doctrine, but not specifically 6,000 years. There are many denominations of Christianity and some of them believe in an Old Earth Creation Doctrine and some do not bother to define a doctrine on the age of the Earth. I believe the Old Earth Creation Doctrine is in error, but it is not a "deal breaker" that prevents them from being Christians in my opinion.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 May '15 14:571 edit
    I hold to a Young Earth Creation Doctrine, but not specifically 6,000 years. There are many denominations of Christianity and some of them believe in an Old Earth Creation Doctrine and some do not bother to define a doctrine on the age of the Earth. I believe the Old Earth Creation Doctrine is in error, but it is not a "deal breaker" that prevents them from being Christians in my opinion.
    Do you think it is possible for a scientist to correct some belief of a Christian about the physical world ? Or do you hold that that is an event fundamentally impossible to happen?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 May '15 15:141 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    So this foul mouthed fella comes up brimming over with suspicion with anything of recent thought and seems to worship all thoughts that follow the "good ole way" or something. So the sited professor has some objections to black holes. That's ok.

So black holes and Big Bang are [b]still
    under some scrutiny. So some problems being pointed o ...[text shortened]... own sake. ie. "Don't trust nothin that ain't the OLD way" - the good ole past forever ![/b]
    I had responded to Suzianne idea of "Black holes" that she apparently got from a speculative scientific theory with my belief that "black holes" is an anti-biblical teaching that contradicts the Biblical teaching that God holds the heavens together and therefore God would prevent holes in the fabric of space.

So I was referencing this video to support the idea that "black holes" are only speculations in scientific thought.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 May '15 15:414 edits
    I had responded to Suzianne idea of "Black holes" that she apparently got from a speculative scientific theory with my belief that "black holes" is an anti-biblical teaching that contradicts the Biblical teaching that God holds the heavens together and therefore God would prevent holes in the fabric of space.

Oh come on Hinds. Does a sink hole in the ground mean that God is not holding the heavens and earth together ?

Biblical proof that black holes could not exist ?

Consider the words of the oldest book in the Bible - Job.
    Job 26:14 -

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    These are but the fringes of His ways; how faint is the word we hear of Him! Who can understand His mighty thunder?

International Standard Version
    Indeed, these are the fringes of his ways, and how faint is the whisper we've heard of it! But who can comprehend the thunder of his might?"

After discussing the extensive ways and power of God the wise man says "And these are just the faint whisper of all that God can do."

Do you think more discoveries of mysteries in the universe will lessen our faith in Him ?

So I was referencing this video to support the idea that "black holes" are only speculations in scientific thought

Many of us realize that this speculation could be altered or replaced in the future. So we hold it not too tightly in our grip. We know, some of us, that it could change with more study.

No big deal.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 May '15 17:33
    Originally posted by sonship

Oh come on Hinds. Does a sin ...[text shortened]... ghtly in our grip. We know, some of us, that it could change with more study.

No big deal.
    For you to compare real "sink holes" in the ground with speculative "black holes" in outer space seems ridiculous to me. Is your defense of "black holes" in space necessary for one of your theological beliefs?

I agree that scientific theories change over time and that is why I was pointing out this new scientific theory to Suzianne. So what is the real problem with you?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '15 03:20
    So I was referencing this video to support the idea that "black holes" are only speculations in scientific thought.
    Are you saying that you don't accept that black holes exist?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 May '15 03:34
    Are you saying that you don't accept that black holes exist?
    You mean you really can't figure it out from all I have said?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '15 03:37
    You mean you really can't figure it out from all I have said?
    You haven't explicitly said so and what you have said is is slightly muddled comment about an exchange with Suzianne, so I'm asking you for clarification on wether or not your accept that black holds exist?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 May '15 04:381 edit
    You haven't explicitly said so and what you have said is is slightly muddled comment about an exchange with Suzianne, so I'm asking you for clarification on wether or not your accept that black holds exist?
    The quick answer is no I don't accept the theory of the existence of Black Holes in space.

I pointed out that there is a more recent theory that claims there are no Black Holes. So I see no reason to believe Black Holes exist when there is no proof that they do, especially when there is another scientific theory claiming they don't exist.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '15 06:46
    The quick answer is no I don't accept the theory of the existence of Black Holes in space.

I pointed out that there is a more recent theory that claims there are no Black Holes. So I see no reason to believe Black Holes exist when there is no proof that they do, especially when there is another scientific theory claiming they don't exist.
    I had a quick look at reports which seem interesting. Obviously needs to be peer reviewed.

Looking at your comments, do you think the concept of black holes is against scripture and the ford thier debunking will support your view of creation? In other words, why is this whole thing significant to you?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 May '15 15:25
    I had a quick look at reports which seem interesting. Obviously needs to be peer reviewed.

Looking at your comments, do you think the concept of black holes is against scripture and the ford thier debunking will support your view of creation? In other words, why is this whole thing significant to you?
    The Holy Bible reveals the heavens are like a curtain and that God spreads or stretches them out, but it says nothing about big black holes in the curtains. So I do not really question the scientific theory that the fabric of space has expanded or even that it may still be expanding for there is also support for that idea in the Holy Bible. However, I need a lot more proof that there are big black holes in the fabric of space, especially when there are two contradictory scientific theories on that subject.
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    03 May '15 16:511 edit

Dude I don't think he's got even a vague handle on what a black hole actually is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree