1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 May '09 18:18
    What does 666 mean? Is it a microchip? An actual mark like a tattoo ? If you believe what the bible says than no one will be able to buy sell or trade without this mark? Just wondering?

Manny
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 May '09 18:501 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    What does 666 mean? Is it a microchip? An actual mark like a tattoo ? If you believe what the bible says than no one will be able to buy sell or trade without this mark? Just wondering?

Manny
    Well it says that without it, you will not be able to buy or sell anything. Sounds like a chip to me boss. Just think of it, no more cheating on your taxes, you put a GPS system in and no more missing persons or running from the law. No more getting mugged in a dark alley. In fact, all our problems wiould vanish as the ruthlessly efficient monetary system is set in place. My only question is, why haven't they done it yet? You know, it will only be those troublesome religious fanatics who will oppose this wonderful new system that will save us all!!
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    24 May '09 19:33

Manny
    666 belongs with the many images of Jesus on toast or even used toilet paper.
    It is a farce perpetrated by Christians upon themselves. The numbers were actually written in Roman numerals. Add up 1,5,10,50,100,500 and voila you have 666. The Roman Empire was considered the enemy of Christians until around 300 C.E.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 May '09 22:511 edit

Manny
    I am sorry that you, on your genuine inquiry have to be subjected to the absolute unparalleled ignorance of the above. If one does not know, one should say so, but it a characteristic of the spirituality forum, that those who know nothing, even less than nothing about the Bible pontificate with reference to it, to others. These individuals are best left to themselves, to grope around in mental darkness, alienated from the truth they seek to discredit, like little worms underneath stones, once they are exposed to light, they squirm back into the 'safety' of darkness.

let us take a look at the verse shall we?

And it puts under compulsion all persons, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free and the slaves, that they should give these a mark in their right hand or upon their forehead, and that nobody might be able to buy or sell except a person having the mark, the name of the wild beast or the number of its name. Here is where wisdom comes in: Let the one that has intelligence calculate the number of the wild beast, for it is a man’s number; and its number is six hundred and sixty-six. Revelation 13:16-18

first thing that is worthy of note, is the reference to beasts, in this instance, a 'wild beast'. one should realize that beasts are used in scripture to represent governments, sovereign states, even as they are today, for example, we think of the Russian bear, the American eagle, the Chinese dragon, etc etc. this is further given credence in scripture, from passages like the book of Daniel, where he sees in vision, four terrible beasts, which he describes as standing for national sovereign states, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece and Rome.

therefore we can readily deduce , that the wild beast is some type of political entity, some ruling force, some governmental body.

secondly, we note that it has 'a mans number', what is the significance of this? well we can deduce that because it is a mans number, it belongs not to the spiritual realm, but to the earthly realm, thus, it must be connected to an earthly political governmental entity.

thirdly the number itself, six six six, what does this mean? well it is noteworthy that numbers in the Bible and in the book of revelation have a symbolic significance, for example

2 Signifies solidly confirming a matter.
    (Revelation 11:3, 4; compare Deuteronomy 17:6.)

3 Denotes emphasis. Also indicates intensity.
    (Revelation 4:8; 8:13; 16:13, 19)

4 Signifies universalness or foursquareness in symmetry.
    (Revelation 4:6; 7:1, 2; 9:14; 20:8; 21:16)

6 Signifies imperfection, something not normal, monstrous.
    (Revelation 13:18; compare 2 Samuel 21:20.)

7 Signifies divinely determined completeness,
    (Revelation 1:4, 12, 16; 4:5; 5:1, 6; 10:3, 4; 12:3)

10 Signifies allness or completeness in a physical way,
    as to things on earth.
    (Revelation 2:10; 12:3; 13:1; 17:3, 12, 16)

12 Signifies a divinely constituted organization either in
    the heavens or on the earth.
    (Revelation 7:5-8; 12:1; 21:12, 16; 22:2)

24 Signifies Gods abundant (doubled) organizational
    arrangement. (Revelation 4:4)

Some numbers mentioned in Revelation are to be understood as literal. Often, the context helps to determine this. (See Revelation 7:4, 9; 11:2, 3; 12:6, 14; 17:3, 9-11; 20:3-5.)

thus we can readily deduce that, six, being a symbol of imperfection, and it being repeated three times, stands for gross imperfection, or gross incompleteness. now why should this be significant? well it would signify a counterfeit entity, something which claims to be a force for good, but which in fact, fails miserably to measure up to Gods perfect standards! and even more than that, is guilty of acts of oppression?

what are we talking about? the worlds political system which is a counterfeit arrangement to Gods Kingdom, or government as it states in the King James version of the Bible, and is guilty of countless acts of oppression and violence!
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 May '09 05:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I am sorry that you, on your genuine inquiry have to be subjected to the absolute unparalleled ignorance of the above. If one does not know, one should say so, but it a characteristic of the spirituality forum, that those who know nothing, even less than nothing about the Bible pontificate with reference to it, to others. These individuals are best ...[text shortened]... eath stones, once they are exposed to light, they squirm back into the 'safety' of darkness.
    Now this is a fine example when to use the word 'smug'. This is one of the main characteristics of christian fundamentalistm. 'We know it all! You don't have to bother to ask, because when you do you get "those who know nothing, even less than nothing about the Bible"' thrown in your face, and notions about "ignorance" and more.

'We who Knows, we are better people than the rest, "these individuals" who don't know.'

Dear robbie carrobie, why don't you go back to the original text and read for yourself and see what does it really say about 666. Then you can come back here and tell us "ignorant people" what it really says. Because you don't really think that the bible originally was written in King James English, do you?

But first go and wash your smugness out of the face of yours.
  6. e4
    Moves
    25 May '09 05:33
    In the UK if you want a policeman you dial 999.

If you dial 666 a policeman comes along upside down. 🙂
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 May '09 06:151 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34

What happens if you call 333? Half an upsidedown policeman comes? 😀
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '09 11:522 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Now this is a fine example when to use the word 'smug'. This is one of the main characteristics of christian fundamentalistm. 'We know it all! You don't have to bother to ask, because when you do you get "those who know nothing, even less than nothing about the Bible"' thrown in your face, and notions about "ignorance" and more.

'We who Knows, we are b lish, do you?

But first go and wash your smugness out of the face of yours.
    it has nothing to do with smugness, but it has everything to do with those who know nothing, who have not studied, yet are able to pontificate to others. if you do not know Fabian, then one should have the humility and honesty to say so, if there is a refutation of the statement, then let it be heard, but this attitude, oh the Bible is nothing, its a fairy tale, everything is relative, we cannot say for sure etc etc fully deserves to be exposed for the charade that it is. You have been hanging around Scientists too long, where truth is a dirty word, and absolute, unheard of. why should we apologize if these things are crystal clear in our own minds?

I you do not like it, then you should study the Bible for yourself, then you will be able to post something with content, rather than childish accusations of smugness that have nothing to do with anything!
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 May '09 13:382 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it has nothing to do with smugness, but it has everything to do with those who know nothing, who have not studied, yet are able to pontificate to others. if you do not know Fabian, then one should have the humility and honesty to say so, if there is a refutation of the statement, then let it be heard, but this attitude, oh the Bible is nothing, its ...[text shortened]... ith content, rather than childish accusations of smugness that have nothing to do with anything!
    I have heard similar things from variuous people, but are you negating the possibility that it is, in fact, a chip of some kind? Also, what about the bit about it being in the right hand or forhead?

How about a one time Presidential candidate Tommy Thompson who was a former Health and Human Services Secretary and now sits as the chair of the board of the VeriChip Corp. who is trying to motivate the Pentagon to implant a chip in the right hand or forhead of the citizens of this country? Is this not a preview of what will surely come?

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55104
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '09 14:463 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    I have heard similar things from variuous people, but are you negating the possibility that it is, in fact, a chip of some kind? Also, what about the bit about it being in the right hand or forhead?

How about a one time Presidential candidate Tommy Thompson who was a former Health and Human Services Secretary and now sits as the chair of the board of the ...[text shortened]... not a preview of what will surely come?

Hi whodey, what can we say in this regard, for as Christians, we are conscious of not going beyond the things that are written

Now, brothers, these things I have transferred so as to apply to myself and Apollos for your good, that in our case you may learn the rule: “Do not go beyond the things that are written,” 1 Corinthians 4:6-7

therefore i do not think that it can be substantiated from scripture whether this is a chip or not, thus we enter the realms of speculation!

there are many instances in scripture where 'marks', are given to identify a specific group, which were not literal, for example, the Israelites were commanded '“And you must apply these words of mine to your heart and your soul and bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they must serve as a front let band between your eyes.', Deuteronomy 11:18, thus the 'Law', was meant to influence their thoughts and actions, but they were not supposed to literally bind them upon their hands, although in the case of the Pharisees, this later did occurr, because they did not get the sense of the law.

How this may be construed from scripture as a 'literal', mark, i do not know, for it would seem reasonable that 'the mark', is not literal, but is governed by the actions of those, who 'worship', the wild beast, thus they are identified, or in other words, receive 'the mark', as a result of their actions.

America is a scary place 🙂
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    25 May '09 14:561 edit
    Originally posted by whodey

How about a one time Presidential candidate Tommy Thompson who was a former Health and Human Services Secretary and now sits as the chair of the board of the ...[text shortened]... not a preview of what will surely come?

🙄

I think you've seen 'A Thief in the Night' one too many times.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 May '09 21:355 edits
    Originally posted by darvlay
    🙄

I think you've seen 'A Thief in the Night' one too many times.
    So will you take a chip in your hand or your forehead if your government begins ordering you to take it? If the entire monitary system is altered, which appears to be coming sooner than later with the recent collapse, will you take it in order to buy and sell so that you can survive if the chips are incorporated into the world monitary system?

I don't see why you think the idea that governments will one day require us to take a chip like this is that far fetched. Do you find the reasoning that bizzare or simply the identification of prophesies and warnings regarding the chips to be bizzare?
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 May '09 04:28
    Originally posted by greenpawn34

Nice...........LOL 🙂 You know I'm a Store Manager for an auto parts store and we sell Autolite spark plugs. One of the part numbers is 666. The 666's fit Certain Vehicles from GM. One time as a joke I cut out the 666 from one of the boxes and stuck the 666 on my forehead. I was like I'm not a devil worshiper honest!! Everyone was laughing.

Manny
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 May '09 04:35
    I would go with this mark being a non-literal thing whatever it maybe. I'm did not take Robbie's Answer as being smug. I do think however that there is a lot of speculation about what 666 really means amongst Christians. I'm not sure that Christians should try to go to far beyound what the text says.

Manny
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 May '09 04:38
    I would go with this mark being a non-literal thing whatever it maybe. I'm did not take Robbie's Answer as being smug. I do think however that there is a lot of speculation about what 666 really means amongst Christians. I'm not sure that Christians should try to go to far beyound what the text says.

Manny
    Having said that, would you be comfortable receiving an implanted chip in your right hand or forehead?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree