1. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '09 19:423 edits
    Originally posted by duecer
    In no way have you proven your argument...period, my point still stands.

Biblical truths? whose truth? your truth? It is a book written over 2000 years ago in language that is mostly dead. Do you seriously think you can devine some kind of truth out of Revelations? If you do you are seriously deluded. I've said before...context and content, exegesis and hermenuetics. Without these tools and filters your study is useless.
    the forum can therefore conclusively state that from your vain and utterly futile attempts at finding a refutation, you have produced nothing but a barrage of insults, vague and unsubstantiated claims and references to language, hermeneutics , the bible itself and a plethora of even more incredulous nothingness. therefore, i have no alternative, given that you have now been asked twice, that you are unable to tell the difference between your bum and your elbow in Biblical terms and that my statement therefore must be irrefutable and thus true.

i thank you for incontrovertibly demonstrating that fact. and it should be noted that this is not a declaration of arrogance, for if a refutation had been found, we could have used it to try to ascertain what the truth of the matter was, as it stands, you are utterly bereft. The Christ himself stated, with regard to the Bible, 'your word is truth', let it be known therefore, that this has been admirably demonstrated and that those who proclaim that a proper and correct understanding is not possible, well, there is always the 'safety' of darkness, or you can have your ears tickled with references to Jesus on toast.
  2. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    27 May '09 22:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    the forum can therefore conclusively state that from your vain and utterly futile attempts at finding a refutation, you have produced nothing but a barrage of insults, vague and unsubstantiated claims and references to language, hermeneutics , the bible itself and a plethora of even more incredulous nothingness. therefore, i have no alternative, giv ...[text shortened]... e 'safety' of darkness, or you can have your ears tickled with references to Jesus on toast.
    pfffft! says you ya mook
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    29 May '09 19:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    [b]I am sorry that you, on your genuine inquiry have to be subjected to the absolute unparalleled ignorance of the above. If one does not know, one should say so, but it a characteristic of the spirituality forum, that those who know nothing, even less than nothing about the Bible pontificate with reference to it, to others. These individuals are best ...[text shortened]... e truth they seek to discredit, like little worms underneath stones, once they are exposed to light,
    How about showing the verses in your Bable where "god" has a spaceship with an altar inside. It is there !!
    Without numerology please.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '09 19:583 edits
    Originally posted by caissad4
    How about showing the verses in your Bable where "god" has a spaceship with an altar inside. It is there !!
    ah yes, here are the verses that are most appropriate in this instance

But turn down the false stories which violate what is holy and which old women tell. On the other hand, be training yourself with godly devotion as your aim. - 1 Timothy 4:7

But shun foolish questionings and genealogies and strife and fights over the Law, for they are unprofitable and futile - Titus 3:9

nor to pay attention to false stories and to genealogies, which end up in nothing, but which furnish questions for research rather than a dispensing of anything by God in connection with faith. 1 Timothy 1:4

and finally

Further, turn down foolish and ignorant questionings, knowing they produce fights - 2 Timothy 2:3

so as you can discern, I have adequate reason to, well you know, do anything else rather than entertain your unsubstantiated and speculative nothingness, like watching the cartoon network for example, so happy Jesus on toast for you, i am off to watch Dexters Lab.
  5. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    29 May '09 21:54
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Ezekiel 1
    Ezekiel Sees the LORD's Glory
    1-3I am Ezekiel--a priest and the son of Buzi. [a] Five years after King Jehoiachin of Judah had been led away as a prisoner to Babylonia, I was living near the Chebar River among those who had been taken there with him. Then on the fifth day of the fourth month [b] of the thirtieth year, [c] the heavens suddenly opened. The LORD placed his hand upon me [d] and showed me some visions. 4I saw a windstorm blowing in from the north. Lightning flashed from a huge cloud and lit up the whole sky with a dazzling brightness. The fiery center of the cloud was as shiny as polished metal, 5and in that center I saw what looked like four living creatures. They were somewhat like humans, 6except that each one had four faces and four wings. 7Their legs were straight, but their feet looked like the hoofs of calves and sparkled like bronze. 8Under each of their wings, these creatures had a human hand. 9The four creatures were standing back to back with the tips of their wings touching. They moved together in every direction, without turning their bodies.
    10Each creature had the face of a human in front, the face of a lion on the right side, the face of a bull on the left, and the face of an eagle in back. 11Two wings [e] of each creature were spread out and touched the wings of the creatures on either side. The other two wings of each creature were folded against its body. 12Wherever the four living creatures went, they moved together without turning their bodies, because each creature faced straight ahead. 13The creatures were glowing like hot coals, and I saw something like a flaming torch moving back and forth among them. Lightning flashed from the torch every time its flame blazed up. [f] 14The creatures themselves moved as quickly as sparks jumping from a fire. [g] 15I then noticed that on the ground beside each of the four living creatures was a wheel, [h] 16shining like chrysolite. [i] Each wheel was exactly the same and had a second wheel that cut through the middle of it, [j] 17so that they could move in any direction without turning. 18The rims of the wheels were large and had eyes all the way around them. [k] 19-21The creatures controlled when and where the wheels moved--the wheels went wherever the four creatures went and stopped whenever they stopped. Even when the creatures flew in the air, the wheels were beside them. 22-23Above the living creatures, I saw something that was sparkling like ice, and it reminded me of a dome. Each creature had two of its wings stretched out toward the creatures on either side, with the other two wings folded against its body. 24Whenever the creatures flew, their wings roared like an ocean or a large army or even the voice of God All-Powerful. And whenever the creatures stopped, they folded their wings against their bodies.

25When the creatures stopped flapping their wings, I heard a sound coming from above the dome. 26I then saw what looked like a throne made of sapphire, [l] and sitting on the throne was a figure in the shape of a human. 27From the waist up, it was glowing like metal in a hot furnace, and from the waist down it looked like the flames of a fire. The figure was surrounded by a bright light, 28as colorful as a rainbow that appears after a storm. I realized I was seeing the brightness of the LORD's glory! So I bowed with my face to the ground, and just then I heard a voice speaking to me.
  6. Joined
    13 Oct '08
    Moves
    04 Jun '09 19:38
    I read it's a code refering to the name of a roman emperor : Nero (= the Great Beast).
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Jul '09 17:42
    Maybe but it also refers to anti-Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree