1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 May '09 04:393 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it has nothing to do with smugness, but it has everything to do with those who know nothing, who have not studied, yet are able to pontificate to others. if you do not know Fabian, then one should have the humility and honesty to say so, if there is a refutation of the statement, then let it be heard, but this attitude, oh the Bible is nothing, its ...[text shortened]... ith content, rather than childish accusations of smugness that have nothing to do with anything!
    You lost a good deal in respect from me in your first posting in this thread. I still think you're smug, because you think you totally know the bible, and call other people ignorant, without even knowing them. Very fundamentalistic, indeed!

Yet you fail to answer the question from menace71: "What does 666 mean?" Why? Because you don't know? Why isn't 555 the the name of the wild beast? Or 665, or 656, or 566? Why exactly 666? And you don't know it. So are you also an ignorant, mr Knowitall?

caissad4 gave a very plausible answer. You failed. To understand caissa4's answer you have to know (you don't) the political situation during the time Revelation was written. You have also to know (you don't) the cult about numbers in the area during that time.

Numerology is a religion where various numberse ar given various significance. In this part of the bible numerology is worshipped. Everyone believing 666 have a significance is a numerologist.

A very often used retorics by fundamentalists is to avoid questions by answering other questions, in hope that the origional question will be forgotten. A supreme example fo this can be found in Thread 107600 where the famous fundamentalist of RHP presents and represents fundamentalists.

Now, mr Numerologist, and mr Knowitall, wipe your smugness out of your face and answer the original question - "What does 666 mean?" Don't throw verses around you that you don't understand, just answer the damn question.

Take this critics seriously, and you will regain some of the respect lost by me. Or perhaps you don't care...
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 May '09 04:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    Having said that, would you be comfortable receiving an implanted chip in your right hand or forehead?
    Honestly I don't think I would be ok with it. Even if it were not the beast or whatever it still has that big brother feeling to it.

Manny
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 May '09 05:041 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    Honestly I don't think I would be ok with it. Even if it were not the beast or whatever it still has that big brother feeling to it.

Manny
    I think that is the general feeling....that is right now. However, as we both know, change is a scary and painful process. That is why it takes a catalyst like the current economic crisis we are now witnessing. For this change to occur, we will need an additional catalyst from where we are today. It is much like the Obama philosophy that a time of crisis is a time of oppurtunity to create change. Just think about how people opposed the Patriot act. Do you think that that little peice of legislation that increased Big Brothers control over us would have flown pre 9/11?
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 May '09 05:28
    Agreed. I do think though most people would fight this though. If for example tomorrow the US Gov started ordering people to have this chip inserted I think we would have a war on our hands. Actually thats why I believe at least that this so called mark can't be literal. I could be way off on this. I would have to say though disasters do make people change their minds on things. Maybe the key is looking at the history of when this was written and putting it into historical context. (from the bible that is)(Also original text)

Manny
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 May '09 05:533 edits
    Agreed. I do think though most people would fight this though. If for example tomorrow the US Gov started ordering people to have this chip inserted I think we would have a war on our hands. Actually thats why I believe at least that this so called mark can't be literal. I could be way off on this. I would have to say though disasters do make people change ...[text shortened]... d putting it into historical context. (from the bible that is)(Also original text)

Manny
    However, lets say things got really desperate in terms of economic survival and/or lawlessness. In such a scenrio, the chip would cause the economic system to be much more efficient and perhaps vital for our very survival. Then all that would be left to oppose it would be those religious fanatics who need to be dealt with for the good and survival of society at large.

There are so many perks in terms of efficiency that there is no doubt in my mind that it will be implimented at some point. Here are just a few of the perks I could fathom.

1. No more cheating on taxes. In fact, why submitt a tax return!!
    2. No more stolen identity
    3. No more missing persons
    4. No more law breakers running from the law
    5. No more going to a hospital and giving your history and/or insurance info. It will be all there for them to read instantly.
    6. No more dirty money. All transactions will be government monitored.

Really, the only one that I can see a nonreligious person being up in arms about is the GPS system. Perhaps they will leave that out?

What gets me is those who think I'm crazy for believing such things. After all, the technology is there and people in high ranking positions are petitioning for it so why am I the crazy one? Its time to wake up everybody!! 😲
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 May '09 06:251 edit
    However, lets say things got really desperate in terms of economic survival and/or lawlessness. In such a scenrio, the chip would cause the economic system to be much more efficient and perhaps vital for our very survival. Then all that would be left to oppose it would be those religious fanatics who need to be dealt with for the good and survival of socie ositions are petitioning for it so why am I the crazy one? Its time to wake up everybody!! 😲
    The connection of 666 and taxes in USA I don't understand. Please explain...
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '09 08:032 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You lost a good deal in respect from me in your first posting in this thread. I still think you're smug, because you think you totally know the bible, and call other people ignorant, without even knowing them. Very fundamentalistic, indeed!

Yet you fail to answer the question from menace71: "What does 666 mean?" Why? Because you don't know? Why isn't 5 , and you will regain some of the respect lost by me. Or perhaps you don't care...
    whatever Fabian, i got better things to do with my time than answer your accusations based on your perceptions, for whether the others posters claims were credible or not, is neither here nor there, for you seem quite blinded to the fact, that the hypothesis was proposed, that the idea, firmly founded on scripture was likened to Jesus on toast etc etc. if that the type of thing that fits in with your view of things, then swallow it up.

I have answered it to the best of my knowledge, avoiding purely unsubstantiated speculative means, and having as the basis, the Bible, if that's not good enough for you, then you are free to seek an explanation elsewhere. it was good enough for me, and the answer that i gave seems perfectly reasonable and logical, if you can refute it, then be my guest.

i have already answered, i will not do so again, why don't you go and have some Jesus on toast for breakfast Fabian, as for respect, tell me why i should crave it from you?

'I'm did not take Robbie's Answer as being smug'. Menace71, which clearly shows that your perceptions are quite different to others Fabian, for we all see things differently.

I gave a biblical reason why i would not go beyond what was written and now you deem it fit to chastise me over this, and when i thought that it was speculative and i could not say for certain, i stated so, did I not? which means Fabian that you other claim, that i 'know it all', is quite basless.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    26 May '09 13:05
    So will you take a chip in your hand or your forehead if your government begins ordering you to take it? If the entire monitary system is altered, which appears to be coming sooner than later with the recent collapse, will you take it in order to buy and sell so that you can survive if the chips are incorporated into the world monitary system?

I don't see ...[text shortened]... zare or simply the identification of prophesies and warnings regarding the chips to be bizzare?
    Yes, I think the idea of a goverment (Which government: Municipal? Provincial? State? Federal? GLOBAL?!) legislating its citizens to have chips implanted in our foreheads (thankfully not our foreskins!) or hands to buy stuff is incredibly far-fetched and not just a little bit crazy.

"If the entire monitary system is altered, which appears to be coming sooner than later with the recent collapse..."

Oh really? How soon is that? I have not heard any whispers of this global revamping yet. You think that currency is just going to up and vanish? And that the citizens of the world will simply give in to some government's declaration that anyone without a chip(!!) will be guillotined?! How CRAZY are you?! Does this chip system sound practical at all below the surface? Oh sure, it's just like a bank card! 🙄

"Do you find the reasoning that bizzare [sic] or simply the identification of prophesies and warnings regarding the chips to be bizzare?"

I find both of them to be bizarre and I think you have taken liberty with stating that the prophecies have anything to do with a "chip". Sadly these figurative dreams of John in Revelations have been warped and altered through the centuries, through each era and each generation, to retrofit square pegs into the round holes of modern culture, breeding nothing but paranoia and speculation in over-the-top fundamentalist Christians.

I, sir, scoff at the entire notion of Eschatology and trollish ghouls like Jack Van Impe who can't wait for the day when the MIGHTY TRIBULATION strikes all us rational folks down!
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    26 May '09 13:061 edit
    I think that is the general feeling....that is right now. However, as we both know, change is a scary and painful process. That is why it takes a catalyst like the current economic crisis we are now witnessing. For this change to occur, we will need an additional catalyst from where we are today. It is much like the Obama philosophy that a time of crisis ...[text shortened]... ttle peice of legislation that increased Big Brothers control over us would have flown pre 9/11?
    The tribulation is going to be a global thing, not a US thing. Start thinking big picture or all your insane theories fall apart.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    26 May '09 13:13
    However, lets say things got really desperate in terms of economic survival and/or lawlessness. In such a scenrio, the chip would cause the economic system to be much more efficient and perhaps vital for our very survival. Then all that would be left to oppose it would be those religious fanatics who need to be dealt with for the good and survival of socie ...[text shortened]... ositions are petitioning for it so why am I the crazy one? Its time to wake up everybody!! 😲
    Bwa ha ha! This is the funniest SH ever! You think this "chip" is the business, don't you? Incompromisable and infallible, just like all other technology (*groan*).

Your list of "benefits" is probably the funniest thing I've read in weeks. Thank you very kindly.
  11. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    26 May '09 13:43
    Originally posted by darvlay
    You think that currency is just going to up and vanish?
    (Don't care about the speculation about numbers and threats that began this thread,) but I would point out that I haven't actually touched a piece of currency in at least 6 months. I doubt it will enter the round file of history soon but it might (I count it just as likely to die from the re-institution of barter when energy hungry systems breakdown as from the introduction of the identity chip.) In any case most of us are carrying a cell phone now and can easily tracked thru that - will you give yours up to foil the antichrist?
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    26 May '09 13:45
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    (Don't care about the speculation about numbers and threats that began this thread,) but I would point out that I haven't actually touched a piece of currency in at least 6 months. I doubt it will enter the round file of history soon but it might (I count it just as likely to die from the re-institution of barter when energy hungry systems breakdown as f ...[text shortened]... ll phone now and can easily tracked thru that - will you give yours up to foil the antichrist?
    No currency in six months?? You don't pay for anything in cash? God help you if I ever find you in front of me in the express lane. 😉 And yes, I would gladly give up my cell phone in a heartbeat to foil the Anti-Christ (and my Mother).
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 May '09 17:10
    Even if forced to take a chip in the hand or forehead I bet there would be some kind of underground with people willing to take them out. The criminal aspect could be for example maybe stealing chips from say like some rich person in order to gain there wealth? How about taking them out of dead people LOL to take their identity. Another reason to not believe it is a literal mark.

Manny
  14. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    26 May '09 17:29
    Originally posted by darvlay
    No currency in six months?? You don't pay for anything in cash? God help you if I ever find you in front of me in the express lane. 😉 And yes, I would gladly give up my cell phone in a heartbeat to foil the Anti-Christ (and my Mother).
    I would rather be in front of you swiping my card and getting my receipt than behind you watching you fish bills from your pockets and the teller count coins.

As for the antichrist - if you did foil him then wouldn't your whole prophesy be a lie?
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    26 May '09 17:40
    Even if forced to take a chip in the hand or forehead I bet there would be some kind of underground with people willing to take them out. The criminal aspect could be for example maybe stealing chips from say like some rich person in order to gain there wealth? How about taking them out of dead people LOL to take their identity. Another reason to not believe it is a literal mark.

Manny
    Go find a copy of 'A Thief in the Night' online, buy it, cherish it, watch it a dozen times and thank me later.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree