1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 05:061 edit
    Just a YES OR NO will suffice.

To be a Christian must we be part of the JW Organization ? REMEMBER Yes or No
    Is all I need.

Manny
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 06:122 edits
    Originally posted by menace71

Is all I need.

Manny
    To be a Christian you need to follow the teachings of the Christ.

Stating that a yes and no is required indicates to me that the proposer, in this case
    you, are uninterested in reason.

I will not be made subject to your dictates manny.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 06:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    To be a Christian you need to follow the teachings of the Christ.

Stating that a yes and no is required indicates to me that the proposer, in this case
    you, are uninterested in reason.

I will not be made subject to your dictates manny.
    Well, evading the question hardly makes you a paragon of reason. Would you say that following the teachings of the Christ entails membership in the JW organisation? I think a yes or no should suffice here as well.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 06:392 edits
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Well, evading the question hardly makes you a paragon of reason. Would you say that following the teachings of the Christ entails membership in the JW organisation? I think a yes or no should suffice here as well.
    dictator!

but lets see, based on reason, Christ's teachings,

(Matthew 28:19-20) . . .Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations,
    baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,
     teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And, look! I am
    with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

therfore in view of this command, that no other organisation has seriously taken this
    teaching of Christ to heart, to go to persons with the Good News of Gods Kingdom,
    then, yes, i am forced to conclude, that it must be the case.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 07:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    dictator!

but lets see, based on reason, Christ's teachings,

(Matthew 28:19-20) . . .Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations,
    baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,
     teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And, look! I am
    with you all the days until the c ...[text shortened]... the Good News of Gods Kingdom,
    then, yes, i am forced to conclude, that it must be the case.
    No other organisation takes seriously Matthew 28? What, are the JWs singularly responsible for the spread of Christianity across the world?

Anyway, this again does not answer the question. The question is not whether JWs follow the commands of Christ but whether following the commands of Christ necessarily requires membership in the JW organisation. Consider hypothetically the possibility that another church exists which seemingly follows the commands of Christ, though existing separate from your organisation, do you think that they could be called Christian? Or do you think that hypothetical is impossible?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 07:522 edits

Is all I need.

Manny
    Good luck.

I'll save you time and tell you now, the answer is yes.

The JW's are an exclusive religious body/sect. No matter what you do, say or believe you cannot be in their claimed 144,000 if you are not a member of the organisation.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 08:13

Is all I need.

Manny
    I believe you've done this before or if not you, it has been done by someone. If you don't want explinations which is the only way to answer a question fairly, I'm not going there. Would it be fair to ask you Manny if your belief was the correct belief and it would insure my salvation if I believed exactly like you and I just want a Yes or No answer?
    Not so fair when the question is forced on you is it?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 08:18
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I believe you've done this before or if not you, it has been done by someone. If you don't want explinations which is the only way to answer a question fairly, I'm not going there. Would it be fair to ask you Manny if your belief was the correct belief and it would insure my salvation if I believed exactly like you and I just want a Yes or No answer?
    Not so fair when the question is forced on you is it?
    I may be wrong and Manny will clarify when he is online, but I think he's asking that irrespective of what a person says, does, believes etc. Do they still need to be a member of the JW organisation to be considered a Christian?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 08:50
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I may be wrong and Manny will clarify when he is online, but I think he's asking that irrespective of what a person says, does, believes etc. Do they still need to be a member of the JW organisation to be considered a Christian?
    Quote from above: "If you don't want explinations which is the only way to answer a question fairly, I'm not going there."
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 09:00
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Quote from above: "If you don't want explinations which is the only way to answer a question fairly, I'm not going there."
    I'd like an explanation, but you can only explain if you give an answer either yes or no?

I already know the answer though as stated above.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 12:15

Is all I need.

Manny
    Your more likely to get blood from a stone than you are a yes or no answer from 'tweedle-dum' and 'tweedle-dee'.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 12:571 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Your more likely to get blood from a stone than you are a yes or no answer from 'tweedle-dum' and 'tweedle-dee'.
    dont you mean handsome and devilishly handsomer! 😉
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 22:38
    One really has to wonder Galvo and Robbie are so adverse to answering a simple question. It really is a simple case of yes or no. Are JWs necessarily the only Christians? Does one need to be a JW to be Christian? Could an Anglican or Baptist be called Christian? In short, does following Christ require membership in the JW organisation? They are all the same question essentially.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 23:02
    One really has to wonder Galvo and Robbie are so adverse to answering a simple question. It really is a simple case of yes or no. Are JWs necessarily the only Christians? Does one need to be a JW to be Christian? Could an Anglican or Baptist be called Christian? In short, does following Christ require membership in the JW organisation? They are all the same question essentially.
    Depends on whom you ask, obviously.

Asking a JW would garner you a "yes", I'm guessing, while most Christians would say "no".

Probably not restricted to the JWs. You could ask a Catholic the same question, and they'd probably say "yes", you would have to be a Catholic. Same with the Mormons. Or any sect, probably.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 23:15
    No other organisation takes seriously Matthew 28? What, are the JWs singularly responsible for the spread of Christianity across the world?
    Not even close.

I believe the Catholics spread it a lot further than the JWs, not necessarily to the benefit of the locals.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree