1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 04:56
    Originally posted by galveston75
    It conflicts completely. Jesus condemned a clergy class by his own words, did he not?
    He told all his followers to do the worldwide work and to do it by going door to door which your missionarys do not do. Do they? No.
    And your normal members or flock never do this. I have never seen or heard of anyone from the Catholic church participating in anythi ...[text shortened]... taken.
    When was the last time you did a door to door teaching work that Jesus told you to do?
    Again, I really can't be sure why you continually evade the question: does someone have to be a member of the JW organisation in order to be Christian?

Jesus condemned a clergy class by his own words, did he not?

No. I don't believe he did.

He told all his followers to do the worldwide work and to do it by going door to door which your missionarys do not do. Do they? No.

No. I don't believe he did. He told his disciples to visit every town certainly and evangelise. Catholics have parishes all over the world. They have evangelised in many remote regions of the world, in Asia, in Indonesia, in Africa and even in hostile countries such as in the Middle East. How many JWs are there in East Timor? How many in Papua New Guinea? How many in Iraq? How many in Korea?

And your normal members or flock never do this. I have never seen or heard of anyone from the Catholic church participating in anything of the sort.

Catholics witness in different ways, probably better ways. I was once approached by a JW at a tram stop. I really didn't have time, he was annoying me, ultimately he did a great disservice. I don't see how badgering people at tram stops is what Jesus intended. I have much more respect for those churches, Catholic and Anglican and Uniting to name a few, which witness not by pestering people at their homes but by providing for the poor and opposing injustice. The best witness a church can do is to feed the poor (Matthew 25:31-46).
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 05:381 edit
    Have you forgotten the lengthy debate we had on this a few months ago?
    Of course not, my post was meant to be rhetorical. But actually our debate that was about salvation (or variations on the theme), this is about being regarded as a Christian by the JW organisation and members.

In this case too, as I stated earlier the answer is: yes irrespective of how you live your life,works you do or what you believe, a person has to be a member of the JW organisation in order to be regarded by them as a Christian

Why you are robbie avoid such concise answers when questioned directly is astonishing but revealing.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 05:41
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I still don't get why you can't answer this simple question.
    Because it reveals the sectarian/cult like nature of the JW organisation.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 07:23
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    The primary duty of the priest is to administer the sacraments. Preaching in church is restricted to those at least of diaconal order. Teaching and witness, however, is a responsibility of all Catholics. There are lay Catholic missionaries; lay Catholic apologists; lay Catholic teachers, theologians and catechists. Obviously also all parents are bound to in ...[text shortened]... before they opt for the faith. Better that than prey on vulnerable people to make easy converts.
    I wonder if the priest Martin Luther really did have an affect on the
    Roman Catholic Church's view toward the poor after all. It did not
    seem so at the time, when they excommunicated him.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 07:351 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Not even close.

I believe the Catholics spread it a lot further than the JWs, not necessarily to the benefit of the locals.
    strange that in my time upon the planet not one Catholic has ever shared the good
    news of Gods Kingdom with me, all my father, who is a catholic stated, was, and I
    quote, 'Jesus is our hero'. In fact, strange that no Christian has offered to share the
    good news of Gods Kingdom with me in my time on the planet, leading mw to the
    obvious that they do not take seriously Christ's commission and that they therefore
    cannot be Christians but are counterfeit.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 07:36
    I'm not denying that some are doing what they can and love what their doing. But what is the "Good News" Jesus said to teach them about? And according to Matthew 28:19,20 it says to do this " In the name of the Father and the name of the son."
    We know what the son's name is but who else on earth uses his Fathers name?
    I believe someone told you what that verse meant. The phrase
    "in the name of" means "in the authority of". It does not mean
    you must use individual names. The fact that it is singular should
    tell you that. It was like when they said "in the name of the king",
    meaning by his authority. That was a common expressing it in
    those days, I understand.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 07:40
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Of course not, my post was meant to be rhetorical. But actually our debate that was about salvation (or variations on the theme), this is about being regarded as a Christian by the JW organisation and members.

In this case too, as I stated earlier the answer is: [i]yes irrespective of how you live your life,works you do or what you believe, a person ...[text shortened]... you are robbie avoid such concise answers when questioned directly is astonishing but revealing.
    It's astonishing to me that a seemingly inteligent person as yourself can't understand why their are questions in life that cannot be answered with a simple yes or no.
    Is your way of believeing the right or wrong way? Yes or no please. No other answers will do.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 07:49
    It's astonishing to me that a seemingly inteligent person as yourself can't understand why their are questions in life that cannot be answered with a simple yes or no.
    Is your way of believeing the right or wrong way? Yes or no please. No other answers will do.
    Yes
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 08:032 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester[/i]

In this case too, as I stated earlier the answer is:yes irrespective of how you live your life,works you do or what you believe, a person you are robbie avoid such concise answers when questioned directly is astonishing but revealing.
    i believe that not only did i answer the question, but that i provided reason as well,
    not of course that you are interested in reason, but we are, therefore it seemed
    reasonable to include it. I will state it again, we are the only organisation actively
    engaged in preaching and teaching the Good News of Gods Kingdom, in obedience
    to the command of Christ at Matthew 28:19,20, and after the example of Paul and
    the early Apostles, in going from house to house, Acts 20:20, therefore it is clear
    that unless you are engaged in this work to whatever capacity you are able, you
    cannot claim to be a Christian, for you are not obeying the command of the Christ.

Joel 2:32, 'those that are Calling on the Name of Jehovah* are the ones that will be
    saved'.

* Literally, those that are evangelising
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 08:03
    Yes
    Right....Lol. You must be God himself.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 08:091 edit
    Right....Lol. You must be God himself.
    Thank you but as I keep telling you, there is only one God who is the one Saviour.

I'm not sure why my yes is funny. You asked if what I believe is the correct belief - I'm hardly likely to say no am I.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 08:10
    Are you going to give ayes or no answer to Manny?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 23:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I wonder if the priest Martin Luther really did have an affect on the
    Roman Catholic Church's view toward the poor after all. It did not
    seem so at the time, when they excommunicated him.
    Probably not. Charity to the poor is an ancient practice shared with Jews and Muslims for whom some material support for the needy is actually a religious obligation at certain times in the year. Throughout the history of the Catholic Church there have been movements for social justice. The foundation of the Franciscans, who professed total poverty, in the twelfth century for one. I am not sure if Luther had much impact during the reformation. The counter-reformation perhaps lead to an increase in monastic and contemplative life (for example, the Carmelite reform of St John of the Cross and St Teresa of Avila). Much later in the seventeenth century St Vincent de Paul would give much greater focus to providing for the poor (he would in fact be the first to have religious sisters outside of the monastery.) I think the greatest influence on social justice came during the industrial period and increase in urban populations. So by the nineteenth century, Cardinal Manning was writing for better working wages, followed by Pope Leo's encyclical Rerum Novarum, which would call for better working conditions and pay.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 23:27
    Are you going to give ayes or no answer to Manny?
    Of course not. Apparently evading simple questions about their faith qualifies as witness.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 00:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    strange that in my time upon the planet not one Catholic has ever shared the good
    news of Gods Kingdom with me, all my father, who is a catholic stated, was, and I
    quote, 'Jesus is our hero'. In fact, strange that no Christian has offered to share the
    good news of Gods Kingdom with me in my time on the planet, leading mw to the
    obvious that ...[text shortened]... ously Christ's commission and that they therefore
    cannot be Christians but are counterfeit.
    AFAIK, the current position of the RCC is not exclusionary to Christians who are not RC's. Speaking in pre Vatican II terms, you might get away with a little time in Purgatory. 🙂 There are bigger fish to fry (that is, the poor of Africa, etc.) than a few JW's.🙂🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree