@ vishvahetu

@ vishvahetu

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
02 Feb 11

Originally posted by vishvahetu
Your constant defense for meat eating and animal killing reveals you have thrown away common sense and honesty, and to think that your own Bible says "thou shalt not kill".......its all nonsense.
I bet you you wear leather shoes to work!!! That is, assuming you are responsible person and actually do have a job? ๐Ÿ˜

You dare to say Christianity is the anti-Christ? Whoa! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

I'm Buddhist, but I would never knock another religion.

You, my non-friend, are the pits of representation of your religion.

You don't even understand your own religion. That sucks!

You don't recognise that you admonish all other religions, and yet that is not an acceptable way of behaviour in your own religion.

You are bordering upon loss of yourself, and your righteous entitlement to represent your beliefs.

You are an embarassment to your ownself.

-m.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Feb 11

Originally posted by mikelom
I bet you you wear leather shoes to work!!! That is, assuming you are responsible person and actually do have a job? ๐Ÿ˜

You dare to say Christianity is the anti-Christ? Whoa! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

I'm Buddhist, but I would never knock another religion.

You, my non-friend, are the pits of representation of your religion.

You don't even understand your own religion. ...[text shortened]... ous entitlement to represent your beliefs.

You are an embarassment to your ownself.

-m.
You understand nothing....

I support truth, and truth will always reveal where the error is.

When I expose the error many persons who subscribe to it will feel threatened, and I cannot do anything about that.

You also feel threatened, and that is why you comment as you do.

Your insults mean nothing to me......for you do not know what to do, or what not to do, and this condition has been created by yourself.

n

Moves
02 Feb 11

You understand nothing....

I support truth, and truth will always reveal where the error is.

When I expose the error many persons who subscribe to it will feel threatened, and I cannot do anything about that.

You also feel threatened, and that is why you comment as you do.

Your insults mean nothing to me......for you do not know what to do, or what not to do, and this condition has been created by yourself.
Mike understands now more than you ever will.

j
Some guy

Moves
02 Feb 11
1 edit

Did I not say that the living force is the soul.

Is not the insect living?

The insect is only an insect for a short time, and after its death the soul takes another birth.

You think that the human body is the all in all, but without the presence of the soul it will just rot away to nothing but dust.
What I'm still uncertain on is if you think it is right to kill them for food.

Because, vegetarians do in fact kill insects on a mass scale in the production of their food. I am curious how this is dealt with in your philosophy. And if they die to produce fruits and vegetables, wouldn't it be the same to eat them outright? As you say, the soul passes on. Only the dust is eaten.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
02 Feb 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I dont see how you could infer that he was putting animals above us from that post.
I know V gets a lot of stick, but lets give it to him when he deserves it, not when he hasn't said anything of the sort that he is being accused of.
Well he says i support animal killing, so therefore I say he put animals above humans.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Feb 11

Originally posted by joneschr
What I'm still uncertain on is if you think it is right to kill them for food.

Because, vegetarians do in fact kill insects on a mass scale in the production of their food. I am curious how this is dealt with in your philosophy. And if they die to produce fruits and vegetables, wouldn't it be the same to eat them outright? As you say, the soul passes on. Only the dust is eaten.
When any person breaths, walks, or tend their crops, microbes and insects are destroyed, it is inevitable.

Devotees of the Lord have surrendered their mind, body and soul to the Lord, and so they have purified their Karma.

Persons who do not live the spiritual life, have no way of purifying their karma and are bound by all their activities.

The only way to live in this world and return back to Godhead after death, is to live the spiritual life described in the Vedanta Sutra by Srila Vyasadeva.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Feb 11

Did I not say that the living force is the soul.

Is not the insect living?

The insect is only an insect for a short time, and after its death the soul takes another birth.

You think that the human body is the all in all, but without the presence of the soul it will just rot away to nothing but dust.
So insects are on the same spiritual path as humans? That is to say, they die, they come back as the same insect if they, what, lived their lives in spiritualistic bliss, but if they don't, they come back as bacteria or slime mold?

j
Some guy

Moves
02 Feb 11
1 edit

When any person breaths, walks, or tend their crops, microbes and insects are destroyed, it is inevitable.

Devotees of the Lord have surrendered their mind, body and soul to the Lord, and so they have purified their Karma.

Persons who do not live the spiritual life, have no way of purifying their karma and are bound by all their activities.

The o ...[text shortened]... ad after death, is to live the spiritual life described in the Vedanta Sutra by Srila Vyasadeva.
Yes, but if you surrender yourself to the eventuality that something must die - why shouldn't that be a single cow that can feed a large group of people rather than hundreds of insects for a single meal? Wouldn't it be better for your Karma to choose a path that minimizes destruction and death?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Feb 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
So insects are on the same spiritual path as humans? That is to say, they die, they come back as the same insect if they, what, lived their lives in spiritualistic bliss, but if they don't, they come back as bacteria or slime mold?
When persons live like animals, they end up in the lower species....why?

Because they have created that situation by their words, thoughts and deeds in their past life, because we create our circumstances by this method.

Once in the lower species, they have to work their way up to the human species through many different lower forms.

Many of these lower forms, only live a week or month.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Feb 11
1 edit

Nothing can live without the presence of the spirit soul. Life is the soul.
Noting the above quote by yourself; I ask you again then...how do you eat - you must kill to eat or do you deny that plants live?

You may of course take the supercilious position and ignore me...but the question refuses to be ignored and readers will note your persistent evasion.

j
Some guy

Moves
02 Feb 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Noting the above quote by yourself; I ask you again then...how do you eat - you must kill to eat or do you deny that plants live?

You may of course take the supercilious position and ignore me...but the question refuses to be ignored and readers will note your persistent evasion.
I'm not sure he's entirely evaded it. He acknowledges that it is inevitable that you must kill insects, for example.

But it's very unclear to me how he reconciles what souls are more important than others - or how one goes about choosing that insects should die but cattle should live.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Feb 11

When persons live like animals, they end up in the lower species....why?

Because they have created that situation by their words, thoughts and deeds in their past life, because we create our circumstances by this method.

Once in the lower species, they have to work their way up to the human species through many different lower forms.

Many of these lower forms, only live a week or month.
So all insects used to be humans? When you are demoted to an insect, just what good deeds are judged by whoever judges them to allow them to come up the food chain of life? So they live a couple of weeks or whatever and then get promoted to mouse? Then to bear, then to gibbon then back to human? Are these promotions automatic? Is there something an insect can do in its life that can get IT demoted to something even lower?

R

California

Moves
02 Feb 11
1 edit

So all insects used to be humans? When you are demoted to an insect, just what good deeds are judged by whoever judges them to allow them to come up the food chain of life? So they live a couple of weeks or whatever and then get promoted to mouse? Then to bear, then to gibbon then back to human? Are these promotions automatic? Is there something an insect can do in its life that can get IT demoted to something even lower?
Don't flies only live one day?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Feb 11

Originally posted by RBHILL
Don't flies only live one day?
I am trying to get a response from Vishy.

R

California

Moves
02 Feb 11

I am trying to get a response from Vishy.
I know I hope he responds to you.