@ vishvahetu

@ vishvahetu

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
31 Jan 11

Originally posted by josephw
You have it all figured out don't you?

You won't do it because you're afraid I'll prove you wrong.

I don't need a list. Just pick one and we'll go from there.
I will start with one, and if you cant get past that one, then there is no use going further....

Your Bible says "thou shalt not kill"and my Vedanta says that animal killing is wrong.....so why do you support slaughter houses and meat eating?

Even without some scripture telling us its wrong, our common sense tells us it is wrong also.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by vishvahetu
I will start with one, and if you cant get past that one, then there is no use going further....

Your Bible says "thou shalt not kill"and my Vedanta says that animal killing is wrong.....so why do you support slaughter houses and meat eating?

Even without some scripture telling us its wrong, our common sense tells us it is wrong also.
The Vedanta and common sense. An unbeatable combination.

I guess you win the debate. Besides, you have your mind made up and nothing anyone can say will change that.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
31 Jan 11
1 edit

There is a difference in killing an animal. If you kill it to eat it is a different meaning then killing it to just kill it.

Edit: Just like killing a person for revenge or out of anger is different then killing someone in war. But if you chose to go to war just so you could kill someone that is a different story.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Jan 11

While persons attempt to defend the error in their Bible, they will remain dishonest and are impossible to discuss with.
This is just your excuse for avoiding my legitimate questions, as usual.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
31 Jan 11

Originally posted by RBHILL
There is a difference in killing an animal. If you kill it to eat it is a different meaning then killing it to just kill it.

Edit: Just like killing a person for revenge or out of anger is different then killing someone in war. But if you chose to go to war just so you could kill someone that is a different story.
We go into our supermarkets and there are thousands of products to choose, so who in this world except for tribes living in the jungle have to choose to kill to eat.

There are many many people, who for them meat has not passed their lips and they are healthy and happy.

Let the rascals kill and eat meat, but for persons who have higher knowledge and are living the true spiritual life, they understand the barbaric nature of killing and do not partake.

False religion will always teach persons error.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Jan 11

We go into our supermarkets and there are thousands of products to choose, so who in this world except for tribes living in the jungle have to choose to kill to eat.

There are many many people, who for them meat has not passed their lips and they are healthy and happy.

Let the rascals kill and eat meat, but for persons who have higher knowledge and ...[text shortened]... arbaric nature of killing and do not partake.

False religion will always teach persons error.
Please tell us what you eat - is it all inanimate?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
31 Jan 11

Originally posted by divegeester
This is just your excuse for avoiding my legitimate questions, as usual.
All questions put forward to me by different persons, have been answered.

I am not concerned with disingenuous questions.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
31 Jan 11

Please tell us what you eat - is it all inanimate?
You are trying desperately to find anything to support your animal slaughter.

This is your nonsense.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Jan 11

You are trying desperately to find anything to support your animal slaughter.

This is your nonsense.
No, I'm interested in what you eat.

You have stated that all life is sacred and that vegetable life is reincarnated...so, what do you eat and how do you distiguish between one type of life and another when referencing killing?

It's not a difficult question and one which you surely would find easy to answer...

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Jan 11

No, I'm interested in what you eat.

You have stated that all life is sacred and that vegetable life is reincarnated...so, what do you eat and how do you distiguish between one type of life and another when referencing killing?

It's not a difficult question and one which you surely would find easy to answer...
These vedic types ,ime, have always made a huge difference between the karma incurred eating meat and the karma incurred from eating veges.
Apparently you can work off the karma incurred from eating veges much quicker, (like in 30 or so minutes of chanting), as opposed to the karma from meat, which takes much harder penance to work off.

In my mind the jury is out on this stuff, but I have heard this explanation for the apparent difference between animal karma and vege karma from hindus everywhere.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Jan 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
These vedic types ,ime, have always made a huge difference between the karma incurred eating meat and the karma incurred from eating veges.
Apparently you can work off the karma incurred from eating veges much quicker, (like in 30 or so minutes of chanting), as opposed to the karma from meat, which takes much harder penance to work off.

In my mind t ...[text shortened]... lanation for the apparent difference between animal karma and vege karma from hindus everywhere.
I don't get it; what is this some kind of new West Coast detox diet?

Everywhere is the world things eat other things, cell eat other cells, fish eat other fish, even moluscs eat...even plants eat insects!

Nothing living can survive without organic intake and respiration...although apparently vishvahetu has discovered a means of physical sustainment that does not involve the consumption of organic matter that once was alive but has been killed in order to give itself to...us.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Feb 11

I don't get it; what is this some kind of new West Coast detox diet?

Everywhere is the world things eat other things, cell eat other cells, fish eat other fish, even moluscs eat...even plants eat insects!

Nothing living can survive without organic intake and respiration...although apparently vishvahetu has discovered a means of physical sustainm ...[text shortened]... tion of organic matter that once was alive but has been killed in order to give itself to...us.
animal life is supposed to be higher/more evolved than plant life, so it is supposed to be more protected.

I've been around this philosophy my whole life. For all its drawbacks, I actually like it better than the current mainstream "christian" society that I find myself in...

R

California

Moves
01 Feb 11
2 edits

Originally posted by karoly aczel
animal life is supposed to be higher/more evolved than plant life, so it is supposed to be more protected.

I've been around this philosophy my whole life. For all its drawbacks, I actually like it better than the current mainstream "christian" society that I find myself in...
we are warned in Colossians to do this:
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Feb 11

Originally posted by RBHILL
we are warned in Colossians to do this:
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.
You can eat your meat and support killing.......

But you may as well carry a sandwich board around saying I know nothing of true spiritual living.

Leave the meat eating and killing for the atheists....they have no conscience.

R

California

Moves
01 Feb 11
1 edit

You can eat your meat and support killing.......

But you may as well carry a sandwich board around saying I know nothing of true spiritual living.

Leave the meat eating and killing for the atheists....they have no conscience.
Just becasue you eat meat doesn't make you a supporter. Like for example just becaseu I voted for Sarah Palin doesn't make me support her. Because I will never vote for a dumbacrat. Atheist dohave a conscience they just are lost in their sins and don't understand that they have been forgiven.