1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 13:031 edit
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    No problem all forgotten.....

This killing thing has many angles to it.

1 .Something is alive...... and we do not have the right to end its life.

2. Being killed is unpleasant.

3. Animals can smell death around them in the slaughter house, and become fearful.

4. Animals are treated badly when transported and kept in storage, before being ...[text shortened]... o the animal

Eating an animal means you are implicated in the whole process of the slaughter.
    You eat fish. Fish is considered being alive. And you brutally kill them, or pay others to do it for you.

How dishonest! 😠
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 13:191 edit

3. Animals can smell death around them in the slaughter house, and become fearful.

4. Animals are treated badly when transported and kept in storage, before being ...[text shortened]... o the animal

Eating an animal means you are implicated in the whole process of the slaughter.
    8. meat diet is not healthy.

So you keep saying, but as of yet you are yet to produce anything to substantiate this.

The only 'evidence' you've produced so far is that meat contains saturated fat, but when i pointed out that milk, butter, ghee, yoghurt, cheese, all foods that you say form the foundation of the spiritual life, are also high in saturated fat (in some case seriously high) you disappeared from the discussion. You produce your stock reply when you know you've lost the argument -

I'm not dancing for you!!

It's also worth pointing out that saturated fat isn't bad for you. It's a myth.

I'd also like to you to point out how fish is bad for you.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 20:24

I thought you said a while back you were leaving the site soon - was that a lie?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 20:27
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I thought you said a while back you were leaving the site soon - was that a lie?
    He can't leave. His karma won't let him.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 23:063 edits

I think there might be some evidence that eating meat in large amounts is not healthy for humans. The native Americans ate meat. They would use the whole animal. The meat for food the hide for shelter and housing. They considered the animal sacred so is what they did evil? Of course they did not have slaughter houses. The argument I've heard is that we have a long intestinal tract where as true carnivores have short intestinal tracts to get the meat through fast. Also their teeth are designed to rip flesh. Which makes me think are they the carnivores guilty of sin? In your system/religion? Bad Karma for that hungry lioness !!

Manny
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 23:08
    Originally posted by josephw
    He can't leave. His karma won't let him.
    Maybe his Karma ran over his/her Dogma !! 😉

Manny
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:05
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]8. meat diet is not healthy.

So you keep saying, but as of yet you are yet to produce anything to substantiate this.

The only 'evidence' you've produced so far is that meat contains saturated fat, but when i pointed out that milk, butter, ghee, yoghurt, cheese, all foods that you say form the foundation of the spiritual life, are also high i ...[text shortened]... bad for you. It's a myth.

I'd also like to you to point out how fish is bad for you.[/b]
    I believe everyone is missing the point.

A devotee of the Lord does not even step on an ant if it is avoidable, so killing anything for THEM is unthinkable.

Remember, the devotee of the Lord is in this world, but not of this world, and they do not do many things that persons who are bewildered and in illusion do.

They do not eat any flesh of any living thing, because they have higher realization of what life actually is, and can see clearly the intimate connection between animal and man.

They understand that there is ample food to feed everyone without killing anything.

It is common knowledge that ten acres of land can feed more people with vegetables and grains, than tending to live stock for slaughter in comparison.. (you have to feed the live stock as well)

As for meat eating, the health issue is the last issue on the list and least important, and the real concern is persons of higher spiritual knowledge do the right thing and not the lesser thing.

The main concern for the devotee is that the Vedic teachings request that meat eating not be engaged in, for the sake of their spiritual advancement, because meat eating gives the person negative karma and the whole process of the slaughtering is cruel and barbaric.

For the health conscious person, a diet of meat eating is less healthy, and if you want to know the finer points of that debate, then Google vegetarian diet verses meat diet and you will get a clear perspective.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:11
    Originally posted by menace71
    I think there might be some evidence that eating meat in large amounts is not healthy for humans. The native Americans ate meat. They would use the whole animal. The meat for food the hide for shelter and housing. They considered the animal sacred so is what they did evil? Of course they did not have slaughter houses. The argument I've heard is that we have ...[text shortened]... arnivores guilty of sin? In your system/religion? Bad Karma for that hungry lioness !!

Manny
    Killing and eating animals is a choice for everyone.

Persons who are not interested in proper behavior will do as they like.

Persons who live the bonafide spiritual life will follow instructions for the spiritual benefit.

The animals live by different rules, than the humans.

Most persons live by the rules of the animals.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:13

A devotee of the Lord does not even step on an ant if it is avoidable, so killing anything for THEM is unthinkable.

Remember, the devotee of the Lord is in this world, but not of this world, and they do not do many things that persons who are bewildered and in illusion do.

They do not eat any flesh of any ...[text shortened]... that debate, then Google vegetarian diet verses meat diet and you will get a clear perspective.
    "I believe everyone is missing the point."

I haven't. You're a spam artist.

Your posts signify an individual who is incapable of debate.

I'm surprised the moderators allow you to continue.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:151 edit

They do not eat any flesh of any ...[text shortened]... that debate, then Google vegetarian diet verses meat diet and you will get a clear perspective.
    An ‘ant’ you say…

What about a fish?

What about a mollusc?

What about a bowl of plankton?

What about killing bacteria?

Does your ridged belief philosophy regarding “life”, (even ants), distinguish between Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic life?

What about a cabbage? Doesn’t plant life deserve the same honour you provide an ant?

What do you eat…dust?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:15
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"I believe everyone is missing the point."

I haven't. You're a spam artist.

Your posts signify an individual who is incapable of debate.

I'm surprised the moderators allow you to continue.[/b]
    Me too - fun though isn't it.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:23
    An ‘ant’ you say…

What about a fish?

What about a mollusc?

What about a bowl of plankton?

What about killing bacteria?

Does your ridged belief philosophy regarding “life”, (even ants), distinguish between Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic life?

What about a cabbage? Doesn’t plant life deserve the same honour you provide an ant?

What do you eat…dust?
    You speak silly talk because you try and uphold the error in your Bible.

While you embrace error you will always speak foolishness.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:24
    Me too - fun though isn't it.
    I wouldn't want to spoil the fun. 😉
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:25
    You speak silly talk because you try and uphold the error in your Bible.

While you embrace error you will always speak foolishness.
    So you are not going to answer the question - as usual?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:25
    So you are not going to answer the question - as usual?
    Would you eat a mollusc?

Come on big man...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree