1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulรคrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    29 Oct '09 07:17
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Yes, I know. Still letting the small (and medium size) potatoes go, Bosse, as usual.

๐Ÿ˜‰
    HoH is a potato?
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    29 Oct '09 09:10
    Originally posted by lausey
    #I look around me and I know for certian that there's no way this is all an axcident, it was all very percisesly created. Here is a scientists explination of how balanced and exact it all is- http://www.firstscience.com/home/articles/big-theories/recipe-for-the-universe-just-six-numbers_1230.html

I will just address this point as the other points y ...[text shortened]... th itself, I have also posted about it at the end of Thread 119650.
    Thank you for your considered post Lausey.

It's enough for me to axcept that God made the plannet. It's logical to me that might seam folly to you, but it feels silly to me to try to emerce myself in all the techinical infomation out there that would cloud my mind which is presently clear. Ie; You're not saying you know for sure there is no God, you're saying you've looked at all the infomation avaliable and have doubts that God exists. Just like I htink spending money exploring space when the oceans haven't been explored and people are starving, I'm happy to axcept that my efforts are better spent learning about Jesus or just relating to people then in attempting to understand the things you have been studying.

My post was in answer to; Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Why do you feel there is a God? What brought you to this belief?
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    29 Oct '09 09:14
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Yes, I know. Still letting the small (and medium size) potatoes go, Bosse, as usual.

๐Ÿ˜‰
    Sorry GB I should have told him his post was irrelavent in another way.
  4. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    29 Oct '09 09:431 edit
    Originally posted by yo its me

It's enough for me to axcept that God made the plannet. It's logical to me that might seam folly to you, but it feels silly to me to try to emerce myself in all the techinical infomation out there that would cloud my mind which is presently clear. Ie; You're not saying you know for sure there is no God, you're d of Hecate[/i]
    [b]Why do you feel there is a God? What brought you to this belief?
    [/b]
    Ok, I can understand that your religious beliefs put you within your comfort zone, and as long as you aren't causing any harm, I don't think others should have any issues (although I personally have issues with religion as a whole, but that is another story).

As for space exploration, I don't agree it is a worthless effort for people who want to go in that direction. Discoveries that have been made in the past which seem pointless has made advancements in technology and medicine which we now all use today. These advances do help people who are starving (e.g. transportation of food, communication for charities), even though it is an uphill struggle due to social and political reasons, as well as religious. Even space exploration can help us, as technologies developed to do this eventually can be used to advance other technologies to help society. Maybe it would lead to us populating other planets to reduce the pressure of the over population of this planet. Sounds far fetched, but many things were centuries ago which we take for granted today.

We all take advantage of discoveries made in a wide variety of fields, and it isn't fair to say that one is more useless than the other.
  5. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    29 Oct '09 09:59
    Originally posted by lausey
    Ok, I can understand that your religious beliefs put you within your comfort zone, and as long as you aren't causing any harm, I don't think others should have any issues (although I personally have issues with religion as a whole, but that is another story).

As for space exploration, I don't agree it is a worthless effort for people who want to go in that ...[text shortened]... a wide variety of fields, and it isn't fair to say that one is more useless than the other.
    I don't think it's useless just not as important as solving world issues. It dose have it's benefits.

I don't think my beleifs are a security blanket either I took the time to decide that God is real, it wasn't a snap decision or a falling into blindly beleiving. I am going about it from a different angle then you that's all. You might yet come to the same conclusion that I have.
  6. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    29 Oct '09 10:11
    I don't think it's useless just not as important as solving world issues. It dose have it's benefits.

I don't think my beleifs are a security blanket either I took the time to decide that God is real, it wasn't a snap decision or a falling into blindly beleiving. I am going about it from a different angle then you that's all. You might yet come to the same conclusion that I have.
    Ok, time will tell. Maybe you will come to the same conclusion as me. ๐Ÿ™‚
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Oct '09 17:31
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    There is no God.
    If the existence of something isn't based on proof, when does that something actually exist?

God is a good example. The existence of God is based on belief, rather than proof. Therefore, as soon as someone believes in a God, that God exists.

And I believe I'm the new messai... Massieh.... the new prophet; at least I can spell that bloody word.
  8. Playing with matches
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 17:471 edit

It's enough for me to axcept that God made the plannet. It's logical to me that might seam folly to you, but it feels silly to me to try to emerce myself in all the techinical infomation out there that would cloud my mind which is presently clear. Ie; You're not saying you know for sure there is no God, you're d of Hecate[/i]
    [b]Why do you feel there is a God? What brought you to this belief?
    [/b]
    I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. However, I was otherwise occupied and I'd rather beat up on Palynka than continue to wade my way through your semi-literate responses.

First off, logic and God are mutually exclusive. Do you even know what logic is?

Universe 14 billion years old (give or take a few).

Universe 78 billion light years in diameter.

Our Solar System 4.5 billion years old.

Our Solar System 0.0063 light years in diameter.

Earth is a dust spec and humans have been wandering around on it for a few hundred thousand years at best.

What a conceit to think you know the nature of God. That you matter in the grand scheme of the universe. To think that some book put together by a divinely inspired committee of professional sharlatans a mere 2,000 years ago adequately defines God and His glorious plan for us is foolishness.

Do you want a further explanation why I don't believe in the Christian definition of God?
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 17:49
    I'd rather beat up on Palynka.
    ๐Ÿ˜ต
  10. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 18:55
    I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. However, I was otherwise occupied and I'd rather beat up on Palynka than continue to wade my way through your semi-literate responses.

First off, logic and God are mutually exclusive. Do you even know what logic is?

Universe 78 billion light ...[text shortened]... .

Do you want a further explanation why I don't believe in the Christian definition of God?
    I'd rather discuss things with Palynka then you too he dosen't need to atempt to insult people he disagrees with in his arguments, which is apresiated ๐Ÿ˜‰

God invented time, I don't see the relevence of your reference to time. His seven days are not days as we understand them.

Me? Know the nature of God? Did you read the thread I started about imiagining God?

Yes! I matter, you matter. We are all precious, that you don't know that explains why you'd consider taking someone's life who you have decided is worth less then yours. We're all woth the same, a little analagy for you; a five pound note is worth the same damaged or pristine becasue it has a value- £5.

If you're interested in discussing it further, yeah tell me why. Tell me what you do beleive, I'm interested.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '09 12:37
    No. There isn't.

Why do you feel there is a God? What brought you to this belief? Give me a well grounded, reasonably thought out argument for why God exists and I'll cease refering to you as Captain Assjack from here on out. If you tell me that "He just does" or something equally inane, I swear I'll beat you with your own spine.

I am ...[text shortened]... i] exist even in the abscence of us being able to see him or interact with him in any way.
    i will give you the same example i gave twhite:

your brother(or someone else you love and trusts) is accused of murder, yet your brother(let's call him Atilla) tells you he didn't do it. he keeps saying that even on the moment he is executed.

you spend the rest of your life trying to prove his innocence. you don't have much(none) proofs. when someone asks you for a "well grounded, reasonably thought out argument for why" you think he is innocent, what will you answer?
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '09 13:08

Universe 78 billion light ...[text shortened]... .

that's your argument for god not existing? that the universe is really really big? mind boglingly big? it does prove how awesome god is though.

logic and god are mutually exclusive? surprise me how you got to this conclusion.
  13. Playing with matches
    Moves
    06 Nov '09 20:52
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    that's your argument for god not existing? that the universe is really really big? mind boglingly big? it does prove how awesome god is though.

logic and god are mutually exclusive? surprise me how you got to this conclusion.
    No, that is not my complete argument. It's a start. However, the scale of the unverse and time are out of proprtion to those stated or accounted for in the bible. Reconciling the account you find in the bible and the actual universe reveals some significant incongruities.

It proves how awesome which God is? The Christian God? The accuracy of the Bible? How so?

I did not say that logic and God cannot coexist, however, I did imply that YIM had demonstrated himself unable to use logic in any coherent fashion.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '09 23:46
    No, that is not my complete argument. It's a start. However, the scale of the unverse and time are out of proprtion to those stated or accounted for in the bible. Reconciling the account you find in the bible and the actual universe reveals some significant incongruities.

It proves how awesome which God is? The Christian God? The accuracy of ...[text shortened]... ver, I did imply that YIM had demonstrated himself unable to use logic in any coherent fashion.
    "First off, logic and God are mutually exclusive." your intent seems pretty clear to me. feel free to rephrase it if you wish.

"However, the scale of the unverse and time are out of proprtion to those stated or accounted for in the bible. "
    you using the bible to "prove" god is not real is the same as creationists using it to "prove" the earth was created 6000 years ago. illogical.

"It proves how awesome which God is? The Christian God? The accuracy of the Bible? How so?"
    the vastness of the universe proves how awesome god is. you will ask me to prove god next but i don't have to. faith and all that. we are on a very uneven footing here. i don't have to prove anything because i believe there might be a god. not sure though because i only have faith. you "know" god isn't real but this knowledge you have to prove.

"I did not say that logic and God cannot coexist, however, I did imply that YIM had demonstrated himself unable to use logic in any coherent fashion."
    yes, you did, and i told you you can rephrase anytime you wish. i don't care how logical or illogical the dood is, i was just replying to your post. this where you say that god and logic are mutually exclusive and the other where you ask the dood to give you a "well grounded, reasonably thought out argument for why"(your words) he believes in god. to which i gave you the death row brother example and asked you the same thing.
  15. Playing with matches
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 12:59
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "First off, logic and God are mutually exclusive." your intent seems pretty clear to me. feel free to rephrase it if you wish.

"However, the scale of the unverse and time are out of proprtion to those stated or accounted for in the bible. "
    you using the bible to "prove" god is not real is the same as creationists using it to "prove" the earth was crea ...[text shortened]... which i gave you the death row brother example and asked you the same thing.
    You're missing the point. As I've stated earlier, I am willing to accept that an omniwhatever being outside our understanding may exist. Call this God. What I have a problem with is the mythology we as humans have wrapped around this being. Christianity is a joke. As are all organized religions. We suffer from a conceit that we know the nature of God. This is bred out of fear and a desire to assign value/understanding to unknowns.

God does not exist as we have defined it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree