1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 18:251 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You are a Bible twister. The words of the Bible are clear that Enoch did not see death. The fact that you dont understand what that means does not make it any less true :

HEB 11:5 By faith ENOCH was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him:
    More info now on Enoch:

The Bible says: “Enoch kept walking with the true God. Then he was no more, for God took him.” (Gen. 5:24) Enoch as a prophet of Jehovah foretold God’s coming with his myriads of angels to execute judgment against the ungodly. (Jude 14, 15) Persecution was likely brought against him because of his prophesying. However, God did not permit his opposers to kill Enoch. Instead God “took him,” evidently meaning that He cut short Enoch’s life at an age far below that of most of his contemporaries. It appears that, as in the case of Moses’ body, Jehovah disposed of Enoch’s body, for “he was nowhere to be found.”—Heb. 11:5; Deut. 34:5, 6; Jude 9.
    So, in view of Jesus’ clear statement at John 3:13, Enoch was not taken to the heaven of God’s residence. He died, as the apostle Paul, after naming Enoch and other ancient faithful witnesses of God, makes clear in saying: “In faith all these died, although they did not get the fulfillment of the promises, but they saw them afar off and welcomed them and publicly declared that they were strangers and temporary residents in the land.” (Heb. 11:13) These men knew that their reward was far in the future. The prophets of old knew that their Messianic prophecies did not apply to themselves, but had fulfillment later on. Hence, the apostle Peter says to those who are footstep followers of Jesus Christ the heavenly Forerunner: “Concerning this very salvation [promised to Christ’s joint heirs and being a heavenly hope] a diligent inquiry and a careful search were made by the prophets [including Enoch and Elijah] who prophesied about the undeserved kindness meant for you. They kept on investigating what particular season or what sort of season the spirit in them was indicating concerning Christ when it was bearing witness beforehand about the sufferings for Christ and about the glories to follow these. It was revealed to them that, not to themselves, but to you, they were ministering the things that have now been announced to you through those who have declared the good news to you.”—1 Pet. 1:10-12.
    Peter, speaking to the assembled Jews on the day of Pentecost, shortly after Jesus’ resurrection, said of the faithful King David, “a man agreeable to [Jehovah’s] heart”: “Actually David did not ascend to the heavens, but he himself says, ‘Jehovah said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand, until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.””’ (Acts 13:22; 2:34, 35) Likewise, Elijah and Enoch, along with others, are in the grave, awaiting the Lord Jesus Christ’s action in putting his enemies under his feet by destroying them. (Acts 2:29) The glorious enthroned Christ will then resurrect these faithful men from the dead, making them “princes in all the earth.” (Ps. 45:16; Rev. 20:11-13) These trustworthy men will work well with the heavenly King to administer righteousness and justice in the earth.

Notice Paul said they were "ALL DEAD" at Heb 11:13.

If you guys would just do a little more research in your own Bibles and think about what the scriptures are telling you and pray to God you will find the answers. They are always there in the Bible.

"Scriptures prove scriptures!"
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 18:29
    Originally posted by galveston75
    More info now on Enoch:

The Bible says: “Enoch kept walking with the true God. Then he was no more, for God took him.” (Gen. 5:24) Enoch as a prophet of Jehovah foretold God’s coming with his myriads of angels to execute judgment against the ungodly. (Jude 14, 15) Persecution was likely brought against him because of his prophesying. However, God did ...[text shortened]... ill find the answers. They are always there in the Bible.

"Scriptures prove scriptures!"
    Utter rubbish
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 18:33
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Please tell me you don't believe someone really lived to be 365yrs of age Rob?
    I'm not asking you to believe anything, but Biblically peoples lives were dramtically cut short after the flood. For example, before the flood an average life span was around 800 years, but after not past 120 years.

The debate wages as to the meaning of this. Is it meant to be a literal meaning or something else entirely?
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 18:362 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    I'm not asking you to believe anything, but Biblically peoples lives were dramtically cut short after the flood. For example, before the flood an average life span was around 800 years, but after not past 120 years.

The debate wages as to the meaning of this. Is it meant to be a literal meaning or something else entirely?
    This is why humanity is doomed to failure.

Incidentally what happenned to that Noah's Ark story that had you almost frothing at the mouth with excitement a few months ago?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 18:38
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Utter rubbish
    Well ok, exactly how do you feel about this? Lol.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 18:391 edit
    This is why humanity is doomed to failure.

Incidentally what happenned to that Noah's Ark story that had you almost frothing at the mouth with excitement a few months ago?
    Why? Why do we age Poper Knob?

Edit: I'm still frothing!!! 😲
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 18:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why? Why do we age Poper Knob?

Edit: I'm still frothing!!! 😲
    I don't know, but i bet you're gonna tell me.

What happenned to the Ark story?
  8. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 19:231 edit
    An explination for you and if you will notice Elijah was still alive 5 years after this event..........

As long as Jesus was in the flesh, he could not go into heaven, for “flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s kingdom.” (1 Cor. 15:50) By his giving up his flesh, which he gave “in behalf of the life of the world,” and by his being resurrected “in the ...[text shortened]... period of mourning for his master.—Compare 2 Samuel 19:1; 1 Chronicles 7:22; 2 Chronicles 35:24.
    Elijah did not ascend, he was carried into heaven, the point is subtle, but important. No person on their own merit goes to heaven (hence Grace based salvation vs. works)

seriously dudes yer grasping at straws...and getting rather boring😴

edit: also please explain Luke 9:28 About eight days after Jesus said this, he took Peter, John and James with him and went up onto a mountain to pray. 29As he was praying, the appearance of his face changed, and his clothes became as bright as a flash of lightning. 30Two men, Moses and Elijah, 31appeared in glorious splendor, talking with Jesus. They spoke about his departure, which he was about to bring to fulfillment at Jerusalem. 32Peter and his companions were very sleepy, but when they became fully awake, they saw his glory and the two men standing with him. 33As the men were leaving Jesus, Peter said to him, "Master, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah."

I swear you must be slipping...you're making it too easy
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 19:46
    Originally posted by duecer
    Elijah did not ascend, he was carried into heaven, the point is subtle, but important. No person on their own merit goes to heaven (hence Grace based salvation vs. works)

edit: also please explain Luke 9:28 About eight days after Jesus said this, he took Peter, John and James ...[text shortened]... and one for Elijah."

[b] I swear you must be slipping...you're making it too easy
    [/b]
    He was carried to heaven? As what a human or a spirit? But it doesn't matter because Jesus himself said no one went to heaven until after he died. Right Duecer? Or is Jesus wrong?
  10. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 19:52
    He was carried to heaven? As what a human or a spirit? But it doesn't matter because Jesus himself said no one went to heaven until after he died. Right Duecer? Or is Jesus wrong?
    convenient that you ignore the whole post
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 19:54
    convenient that you ignore the whole post
    I'm not and will answer I'm just cooking lunch right now.
    But how you don't answer my questions is amazing.
  12. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 19:58
    I'm not and will answer I'm just cooking lunch right now.
    But how you don't answer my questions is amazing.
    what's for lunch?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 21:291 edit
    Please tell me you don't believe someone really lived to be 365yrs of age Rob?
    Enoch being simply closer to our paternal ancestors and thus perfection and as a consequence would have been less prone to the ravages of ageing as you or I. The only difference of course is that you my friend have closed your mind to the possibilities, whereas as we theists, have not limited our scope to merely 'mindless matter' , yah dig?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 21:33

edit: also please explain Luke 9:28 About eight days after Jesus said this, he took Peter, John and James ...[text shortened]... and one for Elijah."

[b] I swear you must be slipping...you're making it too easy
    [/b]
    still calling Jesus a liar, well well, a man of the cloth as well, its no wonder Christendom is in the shape that it is.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 21:33
    what's for lunch?
    Actually a late breakfast...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree