1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 16:58
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Evidence Galvo. You can't use text from the Bible to prove the Bible true, it's a logical contradiction.

The Bible is true.

How come?

Ermmm......because the Bible says so.

I need a little bit more than that.
    otherwise known as a tautology
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 17:11
    Originally posted by duecer
    otherwise known as a tautology
    Lol...I'd have to agree with you on this.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 17:34
    Originally posted by whodey
    I think he is looking for birth certificates. Of course, not even Obama can produce that so I'm not sure how to convince him. 😛
    I'm looking for evidence that humanity is only 6,000yrs old. So far the culminative effort between the three of you has produced zilch.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 17:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i was referring to archaeological evidence which verifies biblical accounts, like the fall of Tyre, the destruction of Babylon, indeed i would like to ask you, which of these is a fairy tale as you so eloquently put it?
    I have no doubt there is some historical accuracy to the Bible, i'm not that naive. But to say all of it is true is patently absurd.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 17:45
    perhaps there is written evidence earlier than six thousand years, perhaps there are settlements older than six thousand years? indeed as it has been pointed out, it seems extraordinarily strange that humans should have been evolving for several thousand years for them suddenly to start writing things down only as recently as 3000 years ago, yes , v ...[text shortened]... esus as a liar, therefore we can fry these other fish first before we tackle these other issues?
    We're back to writing again, i knew that was going to crop up.

Fry deucer, Raj and divegeester first. I'll be waiting.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 17:54
    An interesting find. Just type in on Google or where ever and type in "How long has man been on earth?"

I went thru the first 8 or so and oh my!!!!! Anywhere from what the bible says which is about 6K years and then once you get away from biblical statements and into the scientific field it goes all over the map. From about 200,000 to 600,000 to 800,000 and all the way up to 4,000,000. Lol.
    That is crazy. They say we have proof of evolution but they don't even come close to how and when we became something that is human or might be human or kinda looks like a human.
    Very funny stuff to read. I'm now convienced evolution is a fact!!!!!
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 18:00
    Originally posted by galveston75
    An interesting find. Just type in on Google or where ever and type in "How long has man been on earth?"

I went thru the first 8 or so and oh my!!!!! Anywhere from what the bible says which is about 6K years and then once you get away from biblical statements and into the scientific field it goes all over the map. From about 200,000 to 600,000 to 800, ...[text shortened]... looks like a human.
    Im interested in knowing where the Bible says that man was on the earth for about 6000 years.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 18:03

I went thru the first 8 or so and oh my!!!!! Anywhere from what the bible says which is about 6K years and then once you get away from biblical statements and into the scientific field it goes all over the map. From about 200,000 to 600,000 to 800, ...[text shortened]... looks like a human.
    'Very funny stuff to read'

That's exactly how i feel about your posts.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 18:11
    'Very funny stuff to read'

That's exactly how i feel about your posts.
    Care to defend why there is such discrepancies about those eons of time? And I think it's amusing that you demand hard proof from us but yet there is eons of hard proof missing with evolution.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 18:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Im interested in knowing where the Bible says that man was on the earth for about 6000 years.
    The bible does not say "6000" years because when it was written was oh a couple thousand years ago or less.
    So you'll have to go back in the postings here to see the link from Jesus back to Adam. Then you'd have to get out your calculator and research when all were born and died and just do the math.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 18:21
    Care to defend why there is such discrepancies about those eons of time? And I think it's amusing that you demand hard proof from us but yet there is eons of hard proof missing with evolution.
    There aren't any discrepancies, the date is around 200,000yrs ago.

The only place that 'eons of hard proof missing with evolution' is in your indoctrinated mind.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 18:23
    The bible does not say "6000" years because when it was written was oh a couple thousand years ago or less.
    So you'll have to go back in the postings here to see the link from Jesus back to Adam. Then you'd have to get out your calculator and research when all were born and died and just do the math.
    I think you're referring to Ussher's chronology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ussher_chronology
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 18:31
    God told Adam to replenish the earth. So there must have been life and possibly humans before Adam. Therefore you cannot tell how long humans have been on the earth from the Biblical account of creation.
  14. Playing with matches
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 18:33
    ...in summary, no one went to heaven prior to Jesus Christ, therefore not all good people go to heaven.
    HAHA!
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 18:56
    There aren't any discrepancies, the date is around 200,000yrs ago.

The only place that 'eons of hard proof missing with evolution' is in your indoctrinated mind.
    That must be the date you like but check out those sites as I know you probably didn't and you'll see differently.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree