@JW's: Do I need to join the JWs to go to heaven?

@JW's: Do I need to join the JWs to go to heaven?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
28 Aug 10
1 edit

Can one of the JWs here please answer this simple question with a straight yes or no? An explanation can follow if you wish, but your answer must begin with an emphatic yes or no please. After all, this is a matter of eternal life and death so the answer should be very clear right?

I have looked on the web and looked in particular here: http://www.watchtower.org/ and all I can find is waffly bluster and pointers to various scriptures. The "our beliefs" section is a joke frankly - no indication of what the JWs actually believe (in terms of doctrine) at all.

Thank you for any help you can give...

Interested at rhp

Moves
28 Aug 10
5 edits

One rude PM* so far from robbie carrobie, but not a yes or no as of yet.

Still it's early days.

*JWs Please do not send me rude PMs they are not needed nor appreciated, thank you.

*RC I have tried to respond to your second insulting PM, but you now have me on ignore. Perhaps you did this by accident, as I'm sure you would not want to avoid discussion.

*RC You third PM asking me to breach privacy is not a good idea. Sorry you still have me on ignore so I'm unable to reply.

* Very well RC, you certainly don't have to have anything to do with me if you don't want to - thanks for the PMs anyway.

Moves
28 Aug 10

Back on topic.

yes or no?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 10

Originally posted by divegeester
Back on topic.

yes or no?
No .. another dead thread. You are wasting your time. I have been down this road with the JWs before and it is pointless.

Moves
28 Aug 10

Originally posted by Rajk999
No .. another dead thread. You are wasting your time. I have been down this road with the JWs before and it is pointless.
With respect, it's not pointless at all. It is the one question that undoes their tenuous claim to holding complete truth and knowledge of God. Any religion making that sort of claim MUST respond to this life and death question or by default, accept that they are in error. The rational:

If the answer is YES, then clearly they are a works based cult demanding earthly allegiance to obtain a spiritual advantage. Also it is indicative of cult doctrine.

If the answer is no, then they deny themselves as holding all truth (Galveston did say "no" to me at one point but then retracted it I think).

Their inability to answer simply confirms the premise. Any person interested and reading this should take note: this is the question to ask all JWs when they knock on your door.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Aug 10

Can one of the JWs here please answer this simple question with a straight yes or no? An explanation can follow if you wish, but your answer must begin with an emphatic yes or no please. After all, this is a matter of eternal life and death so the answer should be very clear right?

I have looked on the web and looked in particular here: [b]http://ww ...[text shortened]... rms of doctrine) at all.

Thank you for any help you can give...

Interested at rhp
I'm confussed as to why the answer "no" isn't working for you? If I answer that God only knows is that saying only JW's will be the ones saved? I think not.
And the reason scriptures are always in our answers is because the scriptures themselves are answering. If one is truley looking for spiritual answers it will be seen and understood what those scriptures are explaining. Believe it or not they are quoted for a reason....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Aug 10

With respect, it's not pointless at all. It is the one question that undoes their tenuous claim to holding complete truth and knowledge of God. Any religion making that sort of claim MUST respond to this life and death question or by default, accept that they are in error. The rational:

If the answer is YES, then clearly they are a works based cult ...[text shortened]... ding this should take note: this is the question to ask all JWs when they knock on your door.
If you insist on a yes or no answer then you need to pray to God and find out from him yourself as it seems no matter what I answer you find fault in it....

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
28 Aug 10

Originally posted by galveston75
I'm confussed as to why the answer "no" isn't working for you? If I answer that God only knows is that saying only JW's will be the ones saved? I think not.
And the reason scriptures are always in our answers is because the scriptures themselves are answering. If one is truley looking for spiritual answers it will be seen and understood what those scriptures are explaining. Believe it or not they are quoted for a reason....
So your answer is 'no'?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 10

Originally posted by bbarr
So your answer is 'no'?
LOL ...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Aug 10

Originally posted by bbarr
So your answer is 'no'?
Well let me think on this. Uh, geeez maybe but I'm not positive but it could be but on the other hand who knows? 🙂

F

Moves
29 Aug 10

The first postings said: "your answer must begin with an emphatic yes or no please". Everything else is avoidance. I haven't seen any emphatic yes or no yet.

Robbies insulting mails, Galves avoidance, what else will come?, are clear signs of Jehovas Witness really is a cult. There is no way of denying that. This is how cults behave.

Se didn't get a clear yes or no answer, but we got the fact established that we, withour doubt, can describe JW as a cult.

Moves
30 Aug 10

Bump for Galveston75.

(because in another thread he claims he has already answered the question)

Moves
30 Aug 10

The painful and embarrassing lack of response to my question in the OP, can only mean one of two possibilities, the JWs either:

1) know the answer to the question in the OP, but refuse to answer it though fear of exposure for what they are

2) do not know the answer, which given the nature of the question renders them spiritually impotent

There is no in-between with these positions.

I have to be honest I'm am disappointed although not surprised. I should not be surprised because as I explained in a previous post above, this question renders the JWs logically powerless and proves without doubt that they are a cult who claim to own the whole truth, but when challenged at this fundamental level, cannot stand up and explain it.

I would also speculate that the leaders of the churches the JWs reading this thread belong to, have advised them not to speak - probably justifying it internally as either "not casting your pearls before swine" or, "Jesus stood in silence before his accusers", so should you. If this is true guys (or something similar), you should recognise that you are under the power of a cult and should seek help to extricate yourselves.

Thread closed...?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Aug 10

The painful and embarrassing lack of response to my question in the OP, can only mean one of two possibilities, the JWs either:

1) know the answer to the question in the OP, but refuse to answer it though fear of exposure for what they are

2) do not know the answer, which given the nature of the question renders them spiritually impotent

There i ...[text shortened]... nder the power of a cult and should seek help to extricate yourselves.

Thread closed...?
How do you not understand NO? I've answered that at least 5 times to you now. What's up?
And no one is telling me what to say or not to say not matter what you think. My answers come from the Bible, hence all the scriptures that I post.
And I think your problem is you don't like the answers I give which are Bible based so your response is this sillyness because you "can't respond with scriptures" that show us false..

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
30 Aug 10

Originally posted by galveston75
How do you not understand NO? I've answered that at least 5 times to you now. What's up?
And no one is telling me what to say or not to say not matter what you think. My answers come from the Bible, hence all the scriptures that I post.
And I think your problem is you don't like the answers I give which are Bible based so your response is this sillyness because you "can't respond with scriptures" that show us false..
No. ..that's a fair answer, and what DG was looking for, a yes or no answer. I hope that satisfies the pundits.

a further question: if the answer is no, why should one join the watchtower society?