1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 08:38
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Its all over the internet. Google it yourself, you lazy bum. Dont worry. Apparently I know more about your corrupt organisation that you do. I will help you out :

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/salvation-only-for-jehovahs-witnesses.php

Here are a few excerpts :

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd, ...[text shortened]... gold for God's use in his precious new order". Watchtower 1985 Mar. 1 p.14
    yes that is understood, but it does not answer the question, for these instances relate to salvation, that is the surviving of Armageedon, not to a heavenly hope. If you can find any reference to 'it is a prerequisite to join the organisation of Jehovahs witnesses in order to get to heaven', then please post it. shall i add 'lazy bum to your now ever growing list of insults? lets have a recap,

a dunce, a Pharisee, a false prophet, a real prophet, immature, nosy, classless, without manners and protocol, indecent, a fool and stupid, and now a lazy bum

thankyou Jesus! err i mean Raj , your personalities are so alike its hard to tell the difference.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 08:492 edits
    Originally posted by duecer
    Luke 23:40But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? 41We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong."

42Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[f]"

43Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you w sy for anyone who has even the remotest bit of biblical knowledge to refute JW doctrine
    yeah, well when you post an instance of it, let us know, for it will be a first, same old living in the past jive,

i provide this for your continuing education, for God knows desperadoes like you and Raj could do with every scrap of scripture you can get.

Was the Paradise of Luke 23:43 heaven or some part of heaven?

The Bible does not agree with the view that Jesus and the evildoer went to heaven on the day that Jesus spoke to him. Jesus had foretold that, after his being killed, he would not be raised up until the third day. (Luke 9:22) During that three-day period he was not in heaven, because following his resurrection he told Mary Magdalene: “I have not yet ascended to the Father.” (John 20:17) It was 40 days after Jesus’ resurrection that his disciples saw him lifted up from the earth and out of their sight as he began his ascent to heaven.—Acts 1:3, 6-11.

so looking at you now rather silly assertion, Jesus went to heaven (not paradise as the verse clearly states), dropped the thief off and returned to the tomb to await his resurrection???? muhaha!

Once again the power of Gods word refutes the vain and futile traditions of men!
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 10:084 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well I think I'll go with what is proved by the Bible ...
    You are going with what is proved in the Bible by whom .. by some man, or some organisation ?

You have to go with what Christ said. Not what Charles Russel said. You are the one believing in the opinions of others. Not me. I believe in the words and teachings of Christ.. end of story. Im in good company. You and the corrupt lying deceitful false-prophesying Pharaisaical organisation to which you belong are on the road to damnation.

Have you ever seen me quote at length from any book except the Bible and the words of Christ? You keep posting page after page of garbage from some reasoning book or the other, and often you do that trying to prove that the words of Christ are wrong. You are doomed.

Here is a good example. Christ said very clearly that the body and soul are two separate and distinct parts of a person... Matt 10:28 - man can kill the body but only God can kill both body and soul in hell. .. clearly the body is a separate thing from soul since a man is unable to kill the soul and the soul (which only God can kill) lives on after the death of the physical body. He even gave an illustration in the Rich Man and Lazarus which demonstrated that point. Yet you went into some great complicated analysis (written by some man) to prove Christ was wrong. You obviously value Charles Russel's opinion more than the words of Christ. You are on the road to hell with that attitude. You are not a follower of Christ. You are not one of Christ's disciples. You are a follower of man and mans flawed doctrine.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 11:422 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You are going with what is proved in the Bible by whom .. by some man, or some organisation ?

You have to go with what Christ said. Not what Charles Russel said. You are the one believing in the opinions of others. Not me. I believe in the words and teachings of Christ.. end of story. Im in good company. You and the corrupt lying deceitful false-prophesyi st. You are not one of Christ's disciples. You are a follower of man and mans flawed doctrine.
    of course Christ did not mean that there are two separate entities, that is simply your faulty interpretation, for there are a whole plethora of other scriptures which indicate that the soul is the entire person and is mortal . Its not our fault you don't know what you are talking about, is it? Animals are souls, fish are souls, Adam became a soul ( a living breathing creature) etc etc etc

What is the origin of Christendom’s belief in an immaterial, immortal soul?

“The Christian concept of a spiritual soul created by God and infused into the body at conception to make man a living whole is the fruit of a long development in Christian philosophy. Only with Origen [died c. 254 C.E.] in the East and St. Augustine [died 430 C.E.] in the West was the soul established as a spiritual substance and a philosophical concept formed of its nature. . . . His [Augustine’s] doctrine . . . owed much (including some shortcomings) to Neoplatonism.”—New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), Vol. XIII, pp. 452, 454.

“The concept of immortality is a product of Greek thinking, whereas the hope of a resurrection belongs to Jewish thought. . . . Following Alexander’s conquests Judaism gradually absorbed Greek concepts.”—Dictionnaire Encyclopédique de la Bible (Valence, France; 1935), edited by Alexandre Westphal, Vol. 2, p. 557.

“Immortality of the soul is a Greek notion formed in ancient mystery cults and elaborated by the philosopher Plato.”—Presbyterian Life, May 1, 1970, p. 35.

“Do we believe that there is such a thing as death? . . . Is it not the separation of soul and body? And to be dead is the completion of this; when the soul exists in herself, and is released from the body and the body is released from the soul, what is this but death? . . . And does the soul admit of death? No. Then the soul is immortal? Yes.”—Plato’s “Phaedo,” Secs. 64, 105, as published in Great Books of the Western World (1952), edited by R. M. Hutchins, Vol. 7, pp. 223, 245, 246.

“The problem of immortality, we have seen, engaged the serious attention of the Babylonian theologians. . . . Neither the people nor the leaders of religious thought ever faced the possibility of the total annihilation of what once was called into existence. Death was a passage to another kind of life.”—The Religion of Babylonia and Assyria (Boston, 1898), M. Jastrow, Jr., p. 556.

Indeed, a little education could go a long way in your case Raji, who knows, you may even learn something!
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 16:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    of course Christ did not mean that there are two separate entities, that is simply your faulty interpretation, for there are a whole plethora of other scriptures which indicate that the soul is the entire person and is mortal . Its not our fault you don't know what you are talking about, is it? Animals are souls, fish are souls, Adam became a soul ( ...[text shortened]... ittle education could go a long way in your case Raji, who knows, you may even learn something!
    He'll maybe read it but I don't think he'll understand it. I hope he does. It's possible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree