1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 05:05
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Say what?! 🙄

How does that follow from anything I said? It's like you get tired of talking to people and spin the random religious cliche wheel and just post what you land on.
    The way you see things is based on what is in your heart. The way you see things makes the word of God meaningless. This is the work of evil.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 07:18
    Originally posted by @eladar
    The way you see things is based on what is in your heart. The way you see things makes the word of God meaningless. This is the work of evil.
    😴😴😴😴😴😴
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 07:29
    Mainly, I'm looking for 2 answers.

1) Do you think there is such a thing as a "Biblical perspective" - is it a phrase you would introduce into a discussion?

2) If so, how can that be differentiated from all personal interpretations?
    I think is possible and acceptable to use the phase “biblical perspective” when one has be discussing something from a “secular perspective”; that is to introduce a generalise biblical perspective which is recognised as being mainstream to provide context. However I don’t think it is possible when discussing spiritual concepts and their basis in scripture because at this level of detail the “biblical perspective” is something each protagonist holds and may be different from each other.

It’s a little like the difference between viewing the earth from space in “Google Earth” and then being in the detail in “street view”. If that allalogy makes sense.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 01:54
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I think is possible and acceptable to use the phase “biblical perspective” when one has be discussing something from a “secular perspective”; that is to introduce a generalise biblical perspective which is recognised as being mainstream to provide context. However I don’t think it is possible when discussing spiritual concepts and their basis in scriptu ...[text shortened]... e in “Google Earth” and then being in the detail in “street view”. If that allalogy makes sense.
    It makes sense, I think. You are saying that the term is useful at a broad enough scope.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 09:47
    Say what?! 🙄

How does that follow from anything I said? It's like you get tired of talking to people and spin the random religious cliche wheel and just post what you land on.
    Bwa ha ha! It's exactly like that.

I try to give him a wide berth. He comes up with the weirdest crap that he says "It's in the Bible!" but it's not. What he spouts is his interpretation of what the Bible says. It's like he reads the Bible and the weird crap he says is "in the Bible" is just a description of the bizarro pictures he gets in his head when he reads the Bible. As I said, I try to give him a wide berth, but he consistently posts weird crap about the Bible and I'm concerned people will think this is just "how Christians are".
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 09:48
    Now stand in front of the mirror and say that, and it'll be the closest you'll get to the truth all day.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 09:50
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I think is possible and acceptable to use the phase “biblical perspective” when one has be discussing something from a “secular perspective”; that is to introduce a generalise biblical perspective which is recognised as being mainstream to provide context. However I don’t think it is possible when discussing spiritual concepts and their basis in scriptu ...[text shortened]... e in “Google Earth” and then being in the detail in “street view”. If that allalogy makes sense.
    Hmmm, I can agree with this. I think.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 09:54
    It makes sense, I think. You are saying that the term is useful at a broad enough scope.
    Yeah, that's what I got from it, too.

Narrow it down any, and it can't help but become "individual" rather than "Biblical". I think the Bible is meant to speak to everyone on their level. The best way to approach the Bible is to spend some time honestly reflecting on how what you are reading applies in your own life, and in this way, it's all individual.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 11:49
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Now stand in front of the mirror and say that, and it'll be the closest you'll get to the truth all day.
    Why do you bother pretending to be a Christian?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 12:19
    Right back at you.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 02:33
    Why do you?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 02:50
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Right back at you.
    Nice to get a non Christian perspective. The spiritually blind certainly have valid opinions.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 02:541 edit
    Why do you?
    Perhaps I will not be found righteous, but you definitely will not. Of course I am assuming that the Bible is actually true based on the words it contains.

Anyone who claims sexual immorality is not immorality definitely follows a gospel other than the one in the Bible.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 04:15
    Perhaps I will not be found righteous, but you definitely will not. Of course I am assuming that the Bible is actually true based on the words it contains.

Anyone who claims sexual immorality is not immorality definitely follows a gospel other than the one in the Bible.
    Fortunately, salvation is not some kind of competition. Otherwise, we'd ALL fall short.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 05:18
    Fortunately, salvation is not some kind of competition. Otherwise, we'd ALL fall short.
    Who said it is a competition? Certainly I never said it is.

Jesus is the one who claimed sexual immoralitt is a sign of rejecting God. Since you embrace sexual immorality obviously you reject God worshipping Satan who you call Jesus.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree