1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 20:52
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Excellent verse. It is implicit throughout Scripture that to believe in Christ meant to believe in the words (the logos) of Christ. You can not believe in Christ without believing the Bible.
    If you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?"
    (Joh 5:46-47 ESV)

yeah and if you believe Moses you would believe Tommy Finnagan.
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 21:10
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Could we consider Bbarr a true philosopher even though he has tremendous command over the writings of Plato, Socrates, Aristotle, Kant, but may have problems with say Heidigger?

He certainly would have problems with Heidigger ...... 😛
  3. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 21:15
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

He certainly would have problems with Heidigger ...... 😛
    I don't read continental philsophers with last names beggining with 'H'. No Hegel, Husserl, Heidegger or Habermas. Philosophy is best taken straight, without a nonsensical chaser.
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 21:23
    Originally posted by bbarr
    I don't read continental philsophers with last names beggining with 'H'. No Hegel, Husserl, Heidegger or Habermas. Philosophy is best taken straight, without a nonsensical chaser.

I see. That's why you never heard of a certain Emmanuel Hant.
  5. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 21:36
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Where in the Bible does it say that? Who made that rule up?

Don't you ever get tired of saying, "Na, na... I'm Christian, you are not. 😛"?

ES
    Think not not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of Heaven. MATTHEW 5:17-20
  6. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 21:40
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Put the CRACK-PIPE down, blindfaith.
    Never picked it up, but I do know those that have put it down. When they came to the knowledge that they were in sin. They have put down the pipe and picked up the cross. They say they are much better for it.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 21:46
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Think not not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called leas ...[text shortened]... e scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of Heaven. MATTHEW 5:17-20
    Are you suggesting that the laws of Deuteronomy and Leviticus are to be adhered to?

When Jesus says your righteousness must exceed the scribes and pharisees, what does that mean to you?
  8. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 21:56
    And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will haul in everyone in company with myself. (John 12:31)
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 21:58
    Originally posted by vistesd
    And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will haul in everyone in company with myself. (John 12:31)
    Are you saying Jesus is a Unitarian Universalist?
  10. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 22:04
    Are you suggesting that the laws of Deuteronomy and Leviticus are to be adhered to?

When Jesus says your righteousness must exceed the scribes and pharisees, what does that mean to you?
    Yes, I do believe that the Laws of Deuteronomy And Levitcus are to be adhered to. All those those that pertain to Temple sacrifice, have been ended with the Death of CHRIST at Calvery. But the moral laws have been enhanced with the teachings of JESUS.
    I believe that the righteousness of the Believer must exceed the unbelief of those Scribes, Ministers, Pharisees, or all those that rejected THE WORD OF JESUS CHRIST. All those that have not accepted the clear teachings that were given by CHRIST. Will never enter into the kingdom of heaven. those that never were given the opportunity to accept or reject CHRIST. Will enter on their knowledge of right and wrong.
  11. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 22:13
    Are you saying Jesus is a Unitarian Universalist?
    LOL! If he didn't tell, how can I....😉
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 22:18
    Yes, I do believe that the Laws of Deuteronomy And Levitcus are to be adhered to. All those those that pertain to Temple sacrifice, have been ended with the Death of CHRIST at Calvery. But the moral laws have been enhanced with the teachings of JESUS.
    I believe that the righteousness of the Believer must exceed the unbelief of those Scribes, Minister ...[text shortened]... en the opportunity to accept or reject CHRIST. Will enter on their knowledge of right and wrong.
    Jesus tossed out several of those laws in the New Testament; stoning people for adultery, not working on the Sabbath, allowing divorce, etc. etc. etc. How can you say you are a "Christian" i.e. someone who believes in Christ, when you adhere to laws that he expressly said no longer have any force?
  13. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 22:271 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Jesus tossed out several of those laws in the New Testament; stoning people for adultery, not working on the Sabbath, allowing divorce, etc. etc. etc. How can you say you are a "Christian" i.e. someone who believes in Ch ...[text shortened]... ou adhere to laws that he expressly said no longer have any force?
    where did he say what you just said?
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 23:03
    I believe that the righteousness of the Believer must exceed the unbelief of those Scribes, Minister ...[text shortened]... en the opportunity to accept or reject CHRIST. Will enter on their knowledge of right and wrong.
    Where did Jesus say sthose laws would be ended with his death on the cross? Your original quote from Jesus says nothing of the sort.
  15. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 23:17
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Jesus tossed out several of those laws in the New Testament; stoning people for adultery, not working on the Sabbath, allowing divorce, etc. etc. etc. How can you say you are a "Christian" i.e. someone who believes in Christ, when you adhere to laws that he expressly said no longer have any force?
    Where in the teachings of CHRIST, did you get that from. Then I just remembered Unbelievers can qoute from the unbelievers bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree