1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 23:30
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Where in the teachings of CHRIST, did you get that from. Then I just remembered Unbelievers can qoute from the unbelievers bible.
    WHAT?????????????? Do you ever even READ the Bible??? I will get you direct incidents where:

A) Jesus prevents a woman from being stoned for adultery;

B) As the disciples gather grain on the Sabbath; and

C) States that divorce is no longer allowed even though Moses allowed it 'due to the hardness of your hearts".

And after I do, I expect to NEVER hear you claim you are a Christian again.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 23:331 edit
    John 8: 3-11:

3 And the scribes and the Pharisees bring a woman taken in adultery; and having set her in the midst,

4 they say unto him, Teacher, this woman hath been taken in adultery, in the very act.

5 Now in the law Moses commanded us to stone such: what then sayest thou of her?

6 And this they said, trying him, that they might have whereof to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground.

7 But when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8 And again he stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground.

9 And they, when they heard it, went out one by one, beginning from the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman, where she was, in the midst.

10 And Jesus lifted up himself, and said unto her, Woman, where are they? did no man condemn thee?

11 And she said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said, Neither do I condemn thee: go thy way; from henceforth sin no more.

IS THAT IN THE UNBELIEVER'S BIBLE???

Compare with Leviticus 20:10: 10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

3. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 23:36
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Where did Jesus say sthose laws would be ended with his death on the cross? Your original quote from Jesus says nothing of the sort.
    Think not I am come to destroy the the law or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled MATTHEW 5:17,18
    Being said by HIS own Words, that HE came to fulfill the LAW OF GOD. The Laws of sacrificing animals for the sins of man, ended when CHRIST died on the Cross at Calvery. There is no need to continue the sacrifice of animals.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 23:381 edit
    Think not I am come to destroy the the law or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled ...[text shortened]... t Calvery. There is no need to continue the sacrifice of animals.
    Or to stone people for adultery. Or to not work on the Sabbath. Or to follow most of the laws of Leviticus; Jesus is saying those were laws, not the LAW. get it? And animals were NOT sacrificed for the "sins of man", you damn fool.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 23:431 edit
    Mark 2: 23-28:

23 And it came to pass, that he was going on the sabbath day through the grainfields; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears.

24 And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful?

25 And he said unto them, Did ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was hungry, he, and they that were with him?

26 How he entered into the house of God when Abiathar was high priest, and ate the showbread, which it is not lawful to eat save for the priests, and gave also to them that were with him?

27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

28 so that the Son of man is lord even of the sabbath.

IS THAT IN THE UNBELIEVER'S BIBLE?

Compare with Leviticus 23:3: 3 Six days shall work be done: but on the seventh day is a sabbath of solemn rest, a holy convocation; ye shall do no manner of work: it is a sabbath unto Jehovah in all your dwellings.

6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 23:501 edit
    Matthew 19: 3-9:

3 And there came unto him Pharisees, trying him, and saying, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?

4 And he answered and said, Have ye not read, that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female,

5 and said, For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh?

6 So that they are no more two, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

7 They say unto him, Why then did Moses command to give a bill of divorcement, and to put her away?

8 He saith unto them, Moses for your hardness of heart suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it hath not been so.

9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and he that marrieth her when she is put away committeth adultery.

IS THAT IN THE UNBELIEVER'S BIBLE?

Compare with Deutronomy 24: 1-4: 1 If a man marries a woman who becomes displeasing to him because he finds something indecent about her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, 2 and if after she leaves his house she becomes the wife of another man, 3 and her second husband dislikes her and writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, or if he dies, 4 then her first husband, who divorced her, is not allowed to marry her again after she has been defiled. That would be detestable in the eyes of the LORD. Do not bring sin upon the land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance.

7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Jun '05 23:55
    Blindfaith101: There is no way that you can call yourself Christian, if you do not believe the entire, THE WORD OF GOD from GENESIS to REVELATIONS.

LMFAO!!!!!
  8. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 00:12
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    WHAT?????????????? Do you ever even READ the Bible??? I will get you direct incidents where:

A) Jesus prevents a woman from being stoned for adultery;

B) As the disciples gather grain on the Sabbath; and

C) States that divorce is no longer allowed even though Moses allowed it 'due to the hardness of your hearts".

And after I do, I expect to NEVER hear you claim you are a Christian again.
    JESUS prevents the woman from being stoned yes HE did. Did he not question the men to see who was without sin. Did He not forgive the woman and TOLD her go and sin no more. See JOHN 8:10,11
    Yes HIS disciples gathered wheat on the Sabbath, but did HE not say, that HE was THE LORD OF THE SABBATH. Never in HIS teachings did HE say not to celebrate Sabbath.See MATTHEW 12:3-8 MARK 2:25-28
    HE said that the only way to get a divorce was due to the cause of fornication. Any wife divorced for any other reason is caused to commit fornication. Anyone that marries such a woman commits adultery. See MATTHEW 5:31,32
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 00:20
    JESUS prevents the woman from being stoned yes HE did. Did he not question the men to see who was without sin. Did He not forgive the woman and TOLD her go and sin no more. See JOHN 8:10,11
    Yes HIS disciples gathered wheat on the Sabbath, but did HE not say, that HE was THE LORD OF THE SABBATH. Never in HIS teachings did HE say not to celebrate Sabb ...[text shortened]... d to commit fornication. Anyone that marries such a woman commits adultery. See MATTHEW 5:31,32
    BF, what kind of church do you go to? I'm curious.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 00:351 edit
    Yes HIS disciples gathered wheat on the Sa ...[text shortened]... e that marries such a woman commits adultery. See MATTHEW 5:31,32
    In EVERY one of those incidents, he disobeyed the Laws of Leviticus and Deutronomy and told others those laws were not binding. His actions clearly say those laws need not be followed. If you can't understand that simple message, then you don't understand Jesus' teachings at all.
  11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 01:241 edit

Sometimes I wonder No1 whose views on Christ's teachings are more warped, those of the fundies or yours .......
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 03:52
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

Sometimes I wonder No1 whose views on Christ's teachings are more warped, those of the fundies or yours .......
    Perhaps some day you'll actually point out where I've warped Christ's teaching, rather than just spewing out your childish one-liners.
  13. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 04:22
    Or to stone people for adultery. Or to not work on the Sabbath. Or to follow most of the laws of Leviticus; Jesus is saying those were laws, not the LAW. get it? And animals were NOT sacrificed for the "sins of man", you damn fool.
    Well being that JESUS CHRIST was representing GOD, when HE said these things. Beinging that JESUS CHRIST, Glorified GOD in all HE did. Being that GOD gave those laws to begin with. Being neither GOD nor JESUS CHRIST, never said that those Laws were not to be followed. Being that you or anyone has yet given what, THE WORD OF GOD, has said to show that GOD has dropped all the Laws that HE gave to the Nation of Israel. Must mean that every word of THE WORD OF GOD is true.
    Since animals were not used in the sacrifice for the sins of man. What was the reason for their sacrifice.
    Also welcome to the Unbelievers name calling crew. Wont help you get into heaven, but there is a place for you, though
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 04:29
    Perhaps some day you'll actually point out where I've warped Christ's teaching, rather than just spewing out your childish one-liners.

Discussing things with you is a mission impossible. I tried it too many times. You lack the ability to listen. You lack the ability to ponder what your opponent presents. You're too busy with yourself, your own thoughts and the almost desperate attempts of trying to floor your opponents. I bet you won many debating contests.

15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 04:41
    Well being that JESUS CHRIST was representing GOD, when HE said these things. Beinging that JESUS CHRIST, Glorified GOD in all HE did. Being that GOD gave those laws to begin with. Being neither GOD nor JESUS CHRIST, never said that those Laws were not to be followed. Being that you or anyone has yet given what, THE WORD OF GOD, has said to show that G ...[text shortened]... believers name calling crew. Wont help you get into heaven, but there is a place for you, though
    You're a brainless parrot, incapable of reading Scripture with any understanding. You can't discuss interpretation, you have to scream and rant and talk about everybody who doesn't agree with your twisted views is going to Hell. Somebody tells you what to believe and you believe it. If they told you God wanted you to drink some Kool-Aid with cyanide in it, it would be "Bottoms UP!" If you weren't such a self-righteous, obnoxious snotnose I'd pity you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree