1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 05:30
    Originally posted by Taoman
    Because when a back window of a car is dusty and dirty, it absolutely begs for someone to write a message and wipe away some of the dangerous, obscuring murk that causes the blind running into and over other people or poles.

They ARE there, you know, not just you ALL ALONE with ALL THE TRUTH AND GOODNESS, sneering at everybody else's thinking. No wonder t ...[text shortened]... paradox, if you ever think about such things.

You want some vibration? You just got it.
    Thank you.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 06:16
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Why do many confirmed atheists A) Vibrate over the mere mention of God (The Father); B) Christ (The Son, the God-Man in Hypostatic Union during the Church Age); C) The Holy Spirit (Third Person of The Trinity, who though invisible reveals the accurate and absolute truth contained in the inspired Word of God to those who, uncoerced, have become curious a ...[text shortened]... s just move on. How about seeing a recently released movie tonight with Cynthia and Jan" ?
    I am not sure how many atheists you meet in daily life, but my experience is that it is always the religious person who:
    1. Brings up the subject first.
    2. Tries to convince the other of his beliefs.
    3. Does not wish to associate too much with people of other beliefs.
    This forum is totally different in that we come here for the express purpose of discussing religion, so don't be surprised when people do just that.
  3. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 06:571 edit
    We are talking about sex here, friend, the most primal instinct in man. It is naive to preach such pie in the sky stuff. Besides the idea has been tried for centuries. It's not working.
    Oh, there's preaching going on alright. You should listen to yourself and the way you sneer at anyone who hints of being Christian.

Back to our discussion. Obviously the people gratifying themselves without taking the time to protect against pregnancy, are the careless, wreckless individuals that create the problem in the first place. But no, you just throw your hands in the air, give up, and insist that the only solution is to snuff out the life that is created. And *that* idea has been tried, too. It ain't workin' either.

Another primal instinct is to eat. We have an obesity problem in the world too. According to your logic, people shouldn't practice self-control and eat less or take the time to exercise.

Your premise is, "If it feels good, do it until your heart is content, and the consequences are someone else's problem."

People of nearly all non-Pagan religions completely disagree with your philosophy.

Next time you find a couple stray cats of the opposite sex, why not capture them and keep them in your house. Let them do whatever their instincts tell them to do. Soon enough, you'll have an overpopulated house chock FULL of starving cats and fecal matter.

Just because something is "instinctive," doesn't mean it should be practiced with reckless abandon.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 07:48
    Originally posted by twhitehead

I am not sure how many atheists you meet in daily life, but my experience is that it is always the religious person who:
    1. Brings up the subject first.
    2. Tries to convince the other of his beliefs.
    3. Does not wish to associate too much with people of other beliefs.
    This forum is totally different in that we come here for the express purpose of discussing religion, so don't be surprised when people do just that.
    Any coerced human behavior is worthless.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 08:02
    Any coerced human behavior is worthless.
    Worthless to whom? Slavery can be remarkably profitable, as can dictatorship.
    It is also a more honest way of getting others to do what you want than by cheating them (think politics) or deluding them (religion).
  6. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 08:08
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Damn, dude, you should get angry more often! You write much more lucidly when you do.
    Yeah, I've noticed that too. It's also a bit of shedding going on, like moulting.
  7. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 08:20
    Thank you.
    My pleasure.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 08:221 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead

Worthless to whom? Slavery can be remarkably profitable, as can dictatorship.
    It is also a more honest way of getting others to do what you want than by cheating them (think politics) or deluding them (religion).
    "Tries to convince the other of his beliefs." ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------> to you (or me, or anybody else here and now)

Someone capitulating under pressure. Would you want a lady, for example, to feign affection and love for you just to avoid getting mentally slapped or censored?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 08:271 edit
    My pleasure.
    Had a brilliant friend, long ago, residing in Ascot, Brisbane. Frail and sickly, Barrie died in his mid-30's down under.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 08:43
    "Tries to convince the other of his beliefs." ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------> to you (or me, or anybody else here and now)

Someone capitulating under pressure. Would you want a lady, for example, to feign affection and love for you just to avoid getting mentally slapped or censored?
    When I try to convince others of my beliefs (or lack thereof) I do not try to coerce them.
    Do you see coercion as the only way to convince others of your beliefs?
    Do you only ever change your belief under pressure?
    When you do 'change' your beliefs, is it really pretence in order to avoid getting mentally slapped?
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 08:47
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Oh, there's preaching going on alright. You should listen to yourself and the way you sneer at anyone who hints of being Christian.

Back to our discussion. Obviously the people gratifying themselves without taking the time to protect against pregnancy, are the careless, wreckless individuals that create the problem in the first place. But no, you jus ...[text shortened]... omething is "instinctive," doesn't mean it should be practiced with reckless abandon.
    You need to sack your researcher, the Catholic Church is actively preventing responsible contraception all over the world, it is not an abortion issue.
  12. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 08:592 edits

Back to our discussion. Obviously the people gratifying themselves without taking the time to protect against pregnancy, are the careless, wreckless individuals that create the problem in the first place. But no, you jus omething is "instinctive," doesn't mean it should be practiced with reckless abandon.
    "Oh, there's preaching going on alright."

Glad you picked that up. The rest of your post is rambling and distorting. The one issue you try to respond to, you throw in the issue of abortion. equating it with wearing a condom. Perhaps it's because developing one's awareness and thinking have been put in the porch like a wet hat on your way into denial land each weak. Sorry, week.

The same old "The world will all fall apart if we stop our judgementalism and punishing rejection on the basis of our perfect and ONLY stance on "morals".

If you haven't noticed, the world IS falling apart and you have been feeding this stuff for CENTURIES!

Do have any idea at all of how self-righteous and up yourselves that is coming across as?
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 10:14
    Asking a question or two out of genuine concern for the soul of an individual--and the reality of a soul has no bearing on this--would only be considered "trying to impose" by someone who has built the foundation of their own spiritual/philosophical beliefs on very shaky ground.

If someone is confident in their beliefs, a Christian striking up a conversat ...[text shortened]... nta Claus as dangerous, imposing individuals. But I guess that's where our opinions differ.
    Belief in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy and mentioning it in conversation is not imposing the belief in either upon anyone. If, however, I tried to use state power to coerce others into observing those beliefs, then it would be an egregious imposition. And that is exactly what Christians do continuously. They try to force their beliefs down the throats of everyone else in a thousand different ways. No one has ever suggested that we put 'In Santa We Trust' on federal currency, or insert 'One Nation Under The Tooth Fairy' into our national pledge.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 10:25
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Belief in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy and mentioning it in conversation is not imposing the belief in either upon anyone. If, however, I tried to use state power to coerce others into observing those beliefs, then it would be an egregious imposition. And that is exactly what Christians do continuously. They try to force their beliefs down the throats of ...[text shortened]... on federal currency, or insert 'One Nation Under The Tooth Fairy' into our national pledge.
    The USA is a democratic Republic and the majority can change things. 😏
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 10:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The USA is a democratic Republic and the majority can change things. 😏
    The Constitution says otherwise.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree