1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Sep '12 21:09
    A Confirmed Atheist, Charlie, Cynthia and Jan

Why do many confirmed atheists A) Vibrate over the mere mention of God (The Father); B) Christ (The Son, the God-Man in Hypostatic Union during the Church Age); C) The Holy Spirit (Third Person of The Trinity, who though invisible reveals the accurate and absolute truth contained in the inspired Word of God to those who, uncoerced, have become curious and wish to know)? Instead, why not simply say, "Hey Charlie. I'm not buying in. That stuff's garbage and bad for your mind. We're cool. Let's just move on. How about seeing a recently released movie tonight with Cynthia and Jan" ?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Sep '12 22:04
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]A Confirmed Atheist, Charlie, Cynthia and Jan

Why do many confirmed atheists A) Vibrate over the mere mention of God (The Father); B) Christ (The Son, the God-Man in Hypostatic Union during the Church Age); C) The Holy Spirit (Third Person of The Trinity, who though invisible reveals the accurate and absolute truth contained in the inspired Wo ...[text shortened]... s just move on. How about seeing a recently released movie tonight with Cynthia and Jan" ?[/b]
    How does one "confirm" an atheist?
    I would think you rather have to take his/her word on it, verification is not possible.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Sep '12 22:21
    Originally posted by CLL53

How does one "confirm" an atheist?
    I would think you rather have to take his/her word on it, verification is not possible.
    2nd and / or 3rd parties don't. Intended assumption on my part was 'self confirmed' (often, even advertised, as in 'you're a christian', well I'm an atheist)'.

Unsure whether this definition sheds any light or not:

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/american/confirmed
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Sep '12 23:40

Why do many confirmed atheists A) Vibrate over the mere mention of God (The Father); B) Christ (The Son, the God-Man in Hypostatic Union during the Church Age); C) The Holy Spirit (Third Person of The Trinity, who though invisible reveals the accurate and absolute truth contained in the inspired Wo ...[text shortened]... s just move on. How about seeing a recently released movie tonight with Cynthia and Jan" ?[/b]
    An Atheist walked into a bar with God, Thor and Zeus,

The barman turned to serve him and said,

"Drinking alone again I see..."

http://old.richarddawkins.net/discussions/474238-atheist-jokes/comments
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Sep '12 23:581 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    An Atheist walked into a bar with God, Thor and Zeus,

The barman turned to serve him and said,

"Drinking alone again I see..."

http://old.richarddawkins.net/discussions/474238-atheist-jokes/comments
    A higgs-boson walks into a church. The priest says, “Higgs-bosons aren’t allowed in here.” The higgs-boson says, “But without me, how can you have mass?”
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 01:18

If Christians quit trying to impose their beliefs upon the rest of society, then nobody would care what they thought. But since that's all Christians seem to do, debunking their nonsense isn't just an exercise in contrariness.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 01:42
    Originally posted by rwingett

If Christians quit trying to impose their beliefs upon the rest of society, then nobody would care what they thought. But since that's all Christians seem to do, debunking their nonsense isn't just an exercise in contrariness.
    They're obviously ignorant and out of line. Totally agree. Somebody wants to go it all alone it's their biz and nobody else's.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 01:51
    A higgs-boson walks into a church. The priest says, “Higgs-bosons aren’t allowed in here.” The higgs-boson says, “But without me, how can you have mass?”
    Thumbs down in words.

This is the joke that sonhouse used om the general forum 🙂
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 02:47
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Thumbs down in words.

This is the joke that sonhouse used om the general forum 🙂
    Hoped he wouldn't mind passing it on here.
  10. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 03:03
    And Amen to that!
  11. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 03:35
    Asking a question or two out of genuine concern for the soul of an individual--and the reality of a soul has no bearing on this--would only be considered "trying to impose" by someone who has built the foundation of their own spiritual/philosophical beliefs on very shaky ground.

If someone is confident in their beliefs, a Christian striking up a conversation would not be imposing at all.

I don't consider children who believe in the tooth fairy or Santa Claus as dangerous, imposing individuals. But I guess that's where our opinions differ.
  12. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 03:483 edits

Why do many confirmed atheists A) Vibrate over the mere mention of God (The Father); B) Christ (The Son, the God-Man in Hypostatic Union during the Church Age); C) The Holy Spirit (Third Person of The Trinity, who though invisible reveals the accurate and absolute truth contained in the inspired Wo s just move on. How about seeing a recently released movie tonight with Cynthia and Jan" ?[/b]
    Because when a back window of a car is dusty and dirty, it absolutely begs for someone to write a message and wipe away some of the dangerous, obscuring murk that causes the blind running into and over other people or poles.

They ARE there, you know, not just you ALL ALONE with ALL THE TRUTH AND GOODNESS, sneering at everybody else's thinking. No wonder they react.

The ONLY Son of GOD !!
    The ONLY Word of God !!
    The ONLY Path to Liberation !!

Yeah, sure.

It's too important to ignore because you are closing off human minds.

Fundamentalist Christianity is one of the biggest and most damaging cults around, up there with militant, fundamentalist Islamism. How much better and more advanced would the world be without them? You ignore common sense and obvious established science, wanting to cast us back into the Dark Ages. You confuse immature vulnerable young minds and send them off on a wild guilt- ridden goose chase for years. You downgrade women, Jews and homosexuals and ostracize any person or theologian or priest in their own ranks who raises sincere questioning with a hope to advancement. You provoke people killing prejudices of the worst sort. The Church acquiesced with Hitler's persecution of the "Christ-killing" Jewish people (and homosexuals and Jehovah Witnesses), and conveniently ignored the obvious signs of of the smell of burning human flesh across the so-called Christian Germany countryside.

The only answer is giving some serious non-violent confrontation to wake you up into modern reality. Finally scientists are answering back in force the misinformation and reactionary belittling of past advancement out of the superstitious Dark Ages. You want to lead us back into it and you expect us to go quietly!?

The Baptist Church in your south supported and aquieseced (on good Bible verses) in violent and murderous racist actions against African-Americans, who happen to get there from a Church sanctioned slavery trade. Eventually enlightened, questioning caring Christians stopped the treating of fellow human like animals, whatever their African belief systems. The decent caring open thinking Christians are the light fundmentalists need to look towards, not hate-peddling freelance pastors.

The Catholic Church damns contraception in a world that is absolutely burdgeoing with over-population and its adherents in South America and elsewhere have to exist off rubbish tips like rats. Its NO LONGER just a matter of just ignore your mind-numbing arrogant other-pushing away stances and go to the movies.

I will never hate you, for that just pulls us all into quicksand, but I do get angry sometimes, very angry. And I wish a few more would. Sometimes anger is an act of compassion. Yes, a paradox, if you ever think about such things.

You want some vibration? You just got it.
  13. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 04:095 edits
    Originally posted by Taoman
    The Catholic Church damns contraception in a world that is absolutely burdgeoing with over-population and its adherents in South America and elsewhere have to exist off rubbish tips like rats.
    You aren't approaching this from the correct angle. The Catholic Church condemns ending a life, because it believes that we should not decide someone should die, just because we don't want that someone around.

However, the bigger point is this; the *cause* of that life being conceived in the first place, is 2 people engaging in an irresponsible act for the sole purpose of physical gratification.

It's not just Catholic or Christian belief; most religions including those of the Eastern variety, teach that we should refrain from acting irresponsibly just for the sake of fleeting gratification. And I would think that when it comes to bringing a human being into this world, it's as serious as it gets when it comes to practicing self-control.

If you are so concerned with the overpopulation problem in this world, you should be criticizing the people that can't be bothered to wear a condom--rather than attacking those who are simply believing that if someone brings a human being into this world, they should take responsibility for it--rather than shurk that responsibility and kill the baby.
  14. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 04:25
    Originally posted by sumydid
    You aren't approaching this from the correct angle. The Catholic Church condemns ending a life, because it believes that we should not decide someone should die, just because we don't want that someone around.

However, the bigger point is this; the *cause* of that life being conceived in the first place, is 2 people engaging in an irresponsible act for t ...[text shortened]... should take responsibility for it--rather than shurk that responsibility and kill the baby.
    We are talking about sex here, friend, the most primal instinct in man. It is naive to preach such pie in the sky stuff. Besides the idea has been tried for centuries. It's not working. Let's not confuse simple prophylactics with abortion either. A far more complex discussion.

There has been born 1000 babies approximately while I have been writing this. Move over, it'll be getting a bit squashy soon.
    Its not all your fault though, unless you have been very, very busy!
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 04:49
    Originally posted by Taoman
    Because when a back window of a car is dusty and dirty, it absolutely begs for someone to write a message and wipe away some of the dangerous, obscuring murk that causes the blind running into and over other people or poles.

They ARE there, you know, not just you ALL ALONE with ALL THE TRUTH AND GOODNESS, sneering at everybody else's thinking. No wonder t ...[text shortened]... paradox, if you ever think about such things.

You want some vibration? You just got it.
    Damn, dude, you should get angry more often! You write much more lucidly when you do.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree