1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 13:27
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]...because man in unreliable.
    Not true - observe that there is no 'm' in "unreliable"[/b]
    How stupid of me to not notice. You must be right, if you picked up on that detail.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 13:31
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    no i disagree. some parts of the bible are supposedly literal, some are metaphors, analogies, similes and (ive been told) written in a language that was understandable for the people of the time. so god isnt exactly going to write a science paper, he would have to write a book larger than the bible to explain the deeply complex theories, maths, physics, ...[text shortened]... of genesis and make them fit lots of different theories. youve picked one and seem stuck to it.
    I agree with your first paragraph. However, the creation took exactly how long it states and not a day longer IMO.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 13:40
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    How stupid of me to not notice. You must be right, if you picked up on that detail.
    if you dont mind me asking rj. youve probably put a lot physically and emotionally into your belief in god and understanding of the bible over the years. do you in anyway feel that by accepting modern theories on creation and evolution that you would have some how wasted a lot of your time and possibly would be betraying people that taught you the beliefs you hold dear, despite them going against science? scientific theory would seem cold and unemotional compared to a life of religion, where thoughts and opinions are tied together with memories, could you have developed an emotional attachment to your thoughts, thoughts that have become like memories and therefore to your mind fact. regardless of beliefs we all hate it when our memories prove to be wrong.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 14:023 edits
    if you dont mind me asking rj. youve probably put a lot physically and emotionally into your belief in god and understanding of the bible over the years. do you in anyway feel that by accepting modern theories on creation and evolution that you would have some how wasted a lot of your time and possibly would be betraying people that taught you the belie ...[text shortened]... ore to your mind fact. regardless of beliefs we all hate it when our memories prove to be wrong.
    It is not like, there is no Santa Claus. I am all for science. I have studied science and studied to be an Electrical Engineer for two years before I joined the US Army. I am not much for theoretical science. I want science to be practical, so it can be used. The hypothesis of abiogenesis and the theory of evolution is obviously false and I am against teaching students lies. I do not think it is right for someone to pay money for learning and be taught lies. I do have an emotional attachment to the truth and it is stupid to not believe in God and creation and to believe in abiogenesis and evolution instead.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 14:161 edit
    It is not like, there is no Santa Claus. I am all for science. I have studied science and studied to be an Electrical Engineer for two years before I joined the US Army. I am not much for theoretical science. I want science to be practical, so it can be used. The hypothesis of abiogenesis and the theory of evolution is obviously false and I am against te ...[text shortened]... s stupid to not believe in God and creation and to believe in abiogenesis and evolution instead.
    You must realize you are in the vast minority with your extremist views, and the minority is getting smaller day by day. And not as a result of a non-existent devil but because people open their eyes and see reality for what it is, not biblical fairy tales.

If you dare, take a look at this photgraph and tell me why you think all that came about AS IT IS in a week of literal time.

There is only one local star in that image, the rest, ALL of it, are galaxies, each with billions of stars, the circles, the little dots you can barely see, ALL galaxies.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1210/xdf_hubble_1280.jpg
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 14:33
    Elephants on turtle back support a Young Earth.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 14:33
    The data for “mitochondrial Eve” are consistent with a common origin of all humans several thousand years ago.
    One problem: Mitochondrial Eve is not the first human woman. Oh, and the title of ME changes from one woman to another with time.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 14:37
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You must realize you are in the vast minority with your extremist views, and the minority is getting smaller day by day. And not as a result of a non-existent devil but because people open their eyes and see reality for what it is, not biblical fairy tales.

If you dare, take a look at this photgraph and tell me why you think all that came about AS IT IS ...[text shortened]... ts you can barely see, ALL galaxies.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1210/xdf_hubble_1280.jpg
    I believe God has the ability to create the heavens and the Earth as quickly as he said He did. It may ssem more reasonable for God to have struggled over billions of years to do it. But that is not what the Holy Bible says.

God is not like the regular club chess player for He is the greatest of the grandmasters. He can checkmate quickly, if necessary. I believe God made a worthy opponent in Satan for Him to defeat, just like man makes a super chess computer as a worthy opponent.

My views may seem as fairy tales to you. However, your view of abiogenesis and evolution seem more unbelievable and like fairy tales to me.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 14:411 edit
    I believe God has the ability to create the heavens and the Earth as quickly as he said He did. It may ssem more reasonable for God to have struggled over billions of years to do it. But that is not what the Holy Bible says.

God is not like the regular club chess player for He is the greatest of the grandmasters. He can checkmate quickly, if necessary. ...[text shortened]... wever, your view of abiogenesis and evolution seem more unbelievable and like fairy tales to me.
    So you give me pontification. I gather then you are so besotted with what in your delusions you think is your god you refuse to even look at the image I linked.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 14:49
    I agree with your first paragraph. However, the creation took exactly how long it states and not a day longer IMO.
    your opinion is fine, its great to have an opinion. im not saying 'dont have and opinion' or 'your opinion is wrong'. im saying its possible to have an opinion but also to be aware that opinions could be wrong, including yours. i gave examples of how genesis could have other meanings, to show that in your position it is impossible to be 100% sure you have understood it the correct way. in a book that speaks in parables and metaphors it is impossible to know if you have understood it correctly. so the only conclusion is to have your opinion but to also keep an open mind that you might be wrong.

the same applies to your approach to science. you have read some research that you like and some that you dont. but you have to accept that there is a possibility that the ones you dont like could be true. calling it lies is irrational and implies a conspiracy.
  11. e4
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 15:12
    Obviously it's pointless discussing or pointing out all the holes
    in your young earth theory as you will refuse to accept what we
    now as know as fact.

You will only slip into 'Bible posting and quoting mode.'

I'll stick to simple questions.

If God made the earth and covered the surface with 70% water.
    How come he never gave us gills.?

Also what is the idea of earthquakes and volcanoes.
    These are not man made, these are natural disasters (acts of god we call them)
    which over time have killed thousands of his creations.

Why did he build for us such an unsuitable and unstable planet?

Cannot let this slip by you mention Chess:

"I believe God made a worthy opponent in Satan for Him to defeat,
    just like man makes a super chess computer as a worthy opponent. "

I believe man also invented a super being called god for him to worship.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 15:171 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    now as know as fact.

Als hy opponent. "

What he said🙂

It's funny how the bible says we are the masters of Earth when we only get to live on 30% of it. We can not even be close to being called the master of Earth when we can only get to some parts of it with extreme difficulty, like the Bathysphere that carries a couple of people to the bottom of the Marianas Trench 35,000 feet under the water. Try making the master of Earth live THERE.....Some master, then.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 15:22
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    now as know as fact.

Als ...[text shortened]... hy opponent. "

why did he put craters in the moon?
    why did he make lions vegetarians but give them meat eating teeth?
    why are human eyes so bad?
    why did he put people in parts of the earth where the word of god could never reach them?
    why did god give dogs dewclaws?
    why did god give eve breasts if she wasnt supposed to have babies?
    why did god make sex so good if we were not supposed to do it?
    why did god make having babies so painful?
    why did god make the menstrual cycle so crazy?
    why have gods creations failed so much?
    what did god want from adam and eve?
  14. e4
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 15:26
    Hi stellspalfie

My questions relate to the young earth theory and earth was created by god.

Let RJ answer those first, it's his post.
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 15:27
    why did he put craters in the moon?
    why did he make lions vegetarians but give them meat eating teeth?
    why are human eyes so bad?
    why did he put people in parts of the earth where the word of god could never reach them?
    why did god give dogs dewclaws?
    why did god give eve breasts if she wasnt supposed to have babies?
    why did god make sex so good i ...[text shortened]... l cycle so crazy?
    why have gods creations failed so much?
    what did god want from adam and eve?
    why did god mold the prostate around the urethra?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree