1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 15:29
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    why did god mold the prostate around the urethra?
    For the lulz.
  2. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 15:54
    If the earth is so young then what the hell is that at the back of my fridge ?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 16:09
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    If the earth is so young then what the hell is that at the back of my fridge ?
    That don't take long if you are too lazy to clean it once a month.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 16:11
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Hi stellspalfie

My questions relate to the young earth theory and earth was created by god.

Let RJ answer those first, it's his post.
    sorry fella. ive just got so many question its hard to keep a lid on it.

just one more - why do i have hairy chest? but no facial hair? why god???WHY??????
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 16:12
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    One problem: Mitochondrial Eve is not the first human woman. Oh, and the title of ME changes from one woman to another with time.
    I know, the the first women was the real Eve.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 16:15
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you give me pontification. I gather then you are so besotted with what in your delusions you think is your god you refuse to even look at the image I linked.
    I looked at it. But it looked like the work of an inexperienced photographer to me. I wasn't impressed.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 16:17
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    your opinion is fine, its great to have an opinion. im not saying 'dont have and opinion' or 'your opinion is wrong'. im saying its possible to have an opinion but also to be aware that opinions could be wrong, including yours. i gave examples of how genesis could have other meanings, to show that in your position it is impossible to be 100% sure you ha ...[text shortened]... he ones you dont like could be true. calling it lies is irrational and implies a conspiracy.
    My opinion is often wrong. However, God's opinion is never wrong.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 16:28
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Obviously it's pointless discussing or pointing out all the holes
    in your young earth theory as you will refuse to accept what we
    now as know as fact.

You will only slip into 'Bible posting and quoting mode.'

I'll stick to simple questions.

If God made the earth and covered the surface with 70% water.
    How come he never gave us gills.?

Als ...[text shortened]... hy opponent. "

I believe man also invented a super being called god for him to worship.
    Man has invented many gods to worship. However, there is only One God that created man with free will to ask a bunch of stupid questions.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 16:391 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What he said🙂

It's funny how the bible says we are the masters of Earth when we only get to live on 30% of it. We can not even be close to being called the master of Earth when we can only get to some parts of it with extreme difficulty, like the Bathysphere that carries a couple of people to the bottom of the Marianas Trench 35,000 feet under the water. Try making the master of Earth live THERE.....Some master, then.
    Didn't your science teacher tell you that water is not the same as earth. Water is made of just hydrogen and oxygen. The earth is made of many elements consisting mostly of iron, oxygen, silicon, magnesium, sulfur, nickel, calcium, and aluminium.

P.S. The Bible does not say we are the masters of Earth anyway.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 17:00
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I looked at it. But it looked like the work of an inexperienced photographer to me. I wasn't impressed.
    Did you see the part in the title that said 'Hubble', as in the Hubble space telescope?

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY and no telescope on Earth could have taken that image,
    It was taken by the Hubble space telescope by extremely professional astronomers, that photo represents looking at a tiny portion of the sky for several hundred hours since at the distance the objects in the photo represents, there are very few photons collected per second so you have to aim the telescope extremely accurately for hundreds of hours aimed at the same spot even though the Hubble is flying around the Earth at 18,000 miles an hour. Does not sound amateurish to me.

You look at a silk purse and see a sow's ear.

There is only one star from the milky way in that photo. It is in the lower right area, you can tell it by the spikes around it, due to the relatively extreme brightness compared to the background image of all those galaxies. They are individual galaxies, EVERY SINGLE IMAGE there other than the one spiky looking star image, the single star inside our galaxy in that image.

It is an insult for you to say that is an amateur job.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 17:00
    why did he put craters in the moon?
    why did he make lions vegetarians but give them meat eating teeth?
    why are human eyes so bad?
    why did he put people in parts of the earth where the word of god could never reach them?
    why did god give dogs dewclaws?
    why did god give eve breasts if she wasnt supposed to have babies?
    why did god make sex so good i ...[text shortened]... l cycle so crazy?
    why have gods creations failed so much?
    what did god want from adam and eve?
    So you would have questions to ask.
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 17:24
    why did god give eve breasts if she wasnt supposed to have babies?
    better yet, why did he give adam breasts?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 17:45
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    better yet, why did he give adam breasts?
    Decorations !!
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 17:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]A Few Things That Support a Young Earth

Evidence of Length of recorded history is only a few thousnad years.

Evidence of agriculture is only a few thousnad years.

The ages of the world’s oldest living organisms, trees, are consistent with an age of the earth of thousands of years.

DNA extracted from bacteria that are supposed to be 425 ...[text shortened]... orces, opals form quickly, in a matter of weeks, not millions of years, as had been claimed.

[/b]
    Nothing to do right now, so I'll give this a go. The numbers correspond to the order of RJ's points.

1) To invent language (let alone recorded language) takes time, especially when the intelligence to do so has to evolve first.

2) Same as above. Evolution of skills takes time.

3) There've been many catastrophies on earth, like the ones that wiped out the dinosaurs. Any organisms that could've otherwise lived from millions of years ago until now, would've been killed as a result.

4) I don't know about that; but even *if* true, this isn't evidence FOR a young earth. It's not evidence against an old earth either; only the validity of one particular experirement.

5) Again, there's evidence of catastrophies on earth, like what killed the dinosaurs. These catastrophies would kill any organisms with that could potentially live millions of years otherwise.

6) I don't know enough about this to comment on.

7) Wrong. Mitochondrial Eve is said to have lived 200,000 years ago. That's much older (about 33 times) the age believed in by most young earthers, of 6,000 years.

8) Even *if* true, that's not evidence of a young earth, nor evidence against an old one. Just evidence of the time needed for coal.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 20:55
    Originally posted by vivify
    Nothing to do right now, so I'll give this a go. The numbers correspond to the order of RJ's points.

1) To invent language (let alone recorded language) takes time, especially when the intelligence to do so has to evolve first.

2) Same as above. Evolution of skills takes time.

3) There've been many catastrophies on earth, like the ones that wiped ...[text shortened]... earth, nor evidence against an old one. Just evidence of the time needed for coal.
    Response to point 1.

God made Adam and Eve as full adults with language ability in the beginning and the language was confounded and divided by God not too long after the flood of Noah's day.

That is all I have time for now for I have to eat and get ready to go to Columbia to play OTB chess tonight.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree