1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 05:33
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Yes, yes. An ark filled with every single species which ever lived on the planet. And some super duper magic road for all those dinosaurs to walk back to South and North America. It was a lot of dinosaurs. Quite impossible for that little boat to carry all species. Maybe they were just dino eggs and god hatched them and then built the super duper magic road for them to walk half way across the planet. πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
    We are not told all the details, so each of us imagines how we think it happened. You should try to imagine a more reasonable method than you do. I think you even realize that the way you imagine it is not likely. So try to think of a way that allows the Biblical account to seem more likely and one you can live with.

The Instructor
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 06:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Just exactly what kind of god, this supposedly loving god, would kill EVERY LAND ANIMAL on Earth except for the few lucky ones in the ark to get to a few thousand pesky idol worshiping nightly debauchery humans?

Why don't you think about exactly what that means for your god, to make BILLIONS of animals pay for the alleged sins of a few thousand humans.

Come on, don't you think that just a LITTLE ridiculous?
    They were all traumatized from the evil human acts they had seen and God loved them enough to put them out of that misery.
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 06:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We are not told all the details, so each of us imagines how we think it happened. You should try to imagine a more reasonable method than you do. I think you even realize that the way you imagine it is not likely. So try to think of a way that allows the Biblical account to seem more likely and one you can live with.
    The Instructor
    Okay, okay. Now we should just "imagine" a more likely scenario and go with that. It is far more likely that this just a myth made up by primitive people. How many other things in your religion do you just imagine ? πŸ™„
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 07:35
    Okay, okay. Now we should just "imagine" a more likely scenario and go with that. It is far more likely that this just a myth made up by primitive people. How many other things in your religion do you just imagine ? πŸ™„
    Ye of little imagination.

The Instructor
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 07:52
    i honestly cannot understand what you get from "discussing" with rjhinds.

other than the satisfaction of being less ignorant, less closed minded. than rjhinds. and that satisfaction is similar to being happy of being superior to a garden slug.
  6. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 08:57
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    other than the satisfaction of being less ignorant, less closed minded. than rjhinds. and that satisfaction is similar to being happy of being superior to a garden slug.
    I live in Texas. I talk to people like him all the time. Heck, I have relatives here who actually make him look smart, lol.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 10:35
    I live in Texas. I talk to people like him all the time. Heck, I have relatives here who actually make him look smart, lol.
    My first wife and I lived for a while in Valpariso Florida, Fort Walton Beach, in a hotel previously owned by a mafioso. So one day the manager is sweeping the floor in the hallway, my new wife and I are walking by, he goes 'did you ever burn your finger'? We go sure, he goes, 'well that's what it is like in hell but all over your whole body for ever and ever'. 'we are having a revival meeting in the town hall building tonight and you are invited to come!'.

We politely declined.

For years after that we would go 'did you ever burn your finger'? and start gigglingπŸ™‚
  8. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 14:43
    In war there is what is called collateral damage. We do not know how many animals were killed in the flood. You evilutionists always exaggerate these things. Anyway, we have plenty of animal kinds and varieties today. You liberals are okay with "the end justifies the means" when it supports what you want.

The Instructor
    Is "evilution" a pun or a spelling mistake?
  9. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 02:58
    you know what they say you gotta be bad to be good
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 09:12
    Originally posted by Tygert
    Is "evilution" a pun or a spelling mistake?
    Well, it can be spelled different ways. But the following video will explain the way I mean it:

YouTube

The Instructor
  11. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 11:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you think 3 miles of water won't kill all the land animals? Just which ones in your fantasy world do you desperately wish survives? Elephants? Would they just float? Does your delusion know no bounds?

So you figure your so-called Lord was waging WAR on those humans and oh well, touch shyte, all those BILLIONS of animals died.

So you figure 'the end ...[text shortened]... it get pissed at a bunch of humans and the ones that pay are ALL the land animals? Get real.
    I also think the reaction of theists who believe in this concept of hell is just plain weird.

I mean, if I knew for a fact that someone around me was going to be tortured, even for a day, and I could do something about it, I wouldn't be able to rest until I had done that.

I couldn't sit around, for example, playing online chess.

Yet some theists who say they believe in this are happy to sit around, play a game of chess, exchange pleasantries etc with people who do not share their faith despite believing that many of the people they are talking to face an eternity of torment.

However, the reaction of these theists to this concept of hell is a mixture of:

1 A kind of 'shrugs shoulders', 'stuff like that happens' indifference.

2 It's your fault, you were warned.

3 Gloating. 'You gonna get what's coming to you.'

Put this in the human context and imagine the reaction:

1 Yeah, your son was tortured and I knew it was going to happen but I had a pressing clan game to finish. What are you gonna do?

2 Actually, the person who tortured your son made it very clear to him in advance that if he rang his doorbell once more and ran away he would do this. So nothing more to be said, I think you'll agree.

3 And what's more I think the little so and so deserved it. Hallelujah!

My own view is that, despite their protestations (because they feel they can't say otherwise) most actually do not believe in this type of hell at all.
  12. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 11:46
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

What have you got against slugs?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 12:17
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    I also think the reaction of theists who believe in this concept of hell is just plain weird.

I mean, if I knew for a fact that someone around me was going to be tortured, even for a day, and I could do something about it, I wouldn't be able to rest until I had done that.

I couldn't sit around, for example, playing online chess.

Yet some the ...[text shortened]... they can't say otherwise) most actually do not believe in this type of hell at all.
    Nost Christians have families and a life to live. We wish to enjoy that life too. We give the warning as to what we believe is said in the Holy Bible. We can't help if some people refuse to listen.

All Christians do not consider themselves infallible on what we believe and we realize we don't make the decision as to who goes into hell fire. We urge others to read the Holy Bible and make their own decision. So there is no reason for us to agonize over those that will not listen because that will not help anyone.

The Instructor
  14. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 12:52
    Nost Christians have families and a life to live. We wish to enjoy that life too. We give the warning as to what we believe is said in the Holy Bible. We can't help if some people refuse to listen.

All Christians do not consider themselves infallible on what we believe and we realize we don't make the decision as to who goes into hell fire. We urge ot ...[text shortened]... o agonize over those that will not listen because that will not help anyone.

The Instructor
    So, a combination of 1 & 2, then, with a bit of selfishness thrown in for good measure.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 12:57
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    So, a combination of 1 & 2, then, with a bit of selfishness thrown in for good measure.
    We don't claim to be perfect.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree