1. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 22:28
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    but he can, he is God.
    Ah, but this is similar to that old question: “Can an all-powerful God create a rock too heavy for God to lift?”

Most people, theists too, have concluded that God cannot violate the laws of logic. Now, people talk about God being “outside of time”—but I don’t know what that means, and I suspect that they don’t either; it just sounds like a reasonable answer. (To be fair, lucifershammer was arguing this with me some time back, but it never came to a resolution—unless I am recalling unfairly.)

So, why do you think God can “snap his fingers” without time?
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 22:36
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Ah, but this is similar to that old question: “Can an all-powerful God create a rock too heavy for God to lift?”

Most people, theists too, have concluded that God cannot violate the laws of logic. Now, people talk about God being “outside of time”—but I don’t know what that means, and I suspect that they don’t either; it just sounds like a reasonable a ...[text shortened]... less I am recalling unfairly.)

So, why do you think God can “snap his fingers” without time?
    if you look at it the way whodey put it,"time is merely a deminsion of that material universe as is hight, width, length, etc," then it would be possible. but i dont believe that is right, i just believe God can do anything since he is God. some people ask who created God, he couldnt have created himself, well if God is real obviously he did create his self, and if he did create his self im sure he can snap his fingers without "time".
  3. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 22:46
    if you look at it the way whodey put it,"time is merely a deminsion of that material universe as is hight, width, length, etc," then it would be possible. but i dont believe that is right, i just believe God can do anything since he is God. some people ask who created God, he couldnt have created himself, well if God is real obviously he did create his self, and if he did create his self im sure he can snap his fingers without "time".
    Interesting. Let me ask you this: you speak about God creating himself. Does that mean there was a "time" when God was not?
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 22:461 edit
    but he can, he is God.
    no he couldn't have,not without him having time to do it it, that is even if he had fingers to snap, which he didn't cause he hadn't invented them yet.
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 00:58
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Interesting. Let me ask you this: you speak about God creating himself. Does that mean there was a "time" when God was not?
    i dont think so, i think he created everything, but it never said he created time did it? that's just an assumption that he made everything, maybe he didnt.
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 01:05
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    no he couldn't have,not without him having time to do it it, that is even if he had fingers to snap, which he didn't cause he hadn't invented them yet.
    i think youre not getting it, when it comes to a god or the God, there is NO SUCH THING AS IMPOSSIBLE. was everything jesus did possible? no.
  7. Joined
    10 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 01:06
    i know an atheist who told me about how he used to be a christiand and how he became an atheist and what it is like to be an atheist and he tried to prove christianity wrong to me, cuz im a christian. he asked,"If God made everything, then who made God? You can't make yourself."
    i didnt have an answer to it, but now i do have an answer to it: "how ...[text shortened]... ave to say it had to be God. only God, somebody with divine powers could do the impossible.
    the universe may have began by a fusion reaction like the ones that occur in our sun and hydrogen bombs but they were so enormous that the matter and energy that resulted in the explosion became our universe.also whoever thought of the dual universe theory in on crack
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 01:10
    Originally posted by laxman38
    the universe may have began by a fusion reaction like the ones that occur in our sun and hydrogen bombs but they were so enormous that the matter and energy that resulted in the explosion became our universe.also whoever thought of the dual universe theory in on crack
    maybe the person who thought an explosion created something instead of destroying something is on crack. so i guess youre suggestion something blew up and all of a sudden so conveniently it created the earth, animals etc. so if i blow something up i will get a mini earth from the explosions.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 01:24
    i dont think so, i think he created everything, but it never said he created time did it? that's just an assumption that he made everything, maybe he didnt.
    Yes it does say that God created time. Revelations 1:8 says, "I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

So as we can see, God is the beginning and the end. Now if we were to assume this means that God created himself by being the beginning, we would also assume that God would destroy himself by being the ending, no? This, however, is easily seen as being innacurate if you are a believer of the God of the Bible. What he is saying here is that the beginning was the beginning of time and the end is the end of time as we enter eternity which is eluded to in Revelations 10:6 when it says that there will someday be time no longer.
  10. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 01:28
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes it does say that God created time. Revelations 1:8 says, "I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

So as we can see, God is the beginning and the end. Now if we were to assume this means that God created himself by being the beginning, we would also assume tha ...[text shortened]... which is eluded to in Revelations 10:6 when it says that there will someday be time no longer.
    without time, do we exist?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 01:473 edits
    The real question you are asking is can we exist beyond the material universe and the answer is yes. After all, time is merely a property of the material universe. Does it not say that God is a spirit? Does it not also say that our human bodies contain our spiritual being? Once our material bodies die it is our spiritual being that continues whether our spirit dies eternally having never been regerated through Christ or whether our spirit lives eternally having been reborn of the Spirit of God which is known as being born again. Therefore, it is within this spiritual existence that we can exist beyond the physical universe and is why being born again is paramount.
  12. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 02:21
    i think youre not getting it, when it comes to a god or the God, there is NO SUCH THING AS IMPOSSIBLE. was everything jesus did possible? no.
    you must not understand the meaning of duration. without time there would be no duration between the start and the end of anything god did . like start and stop that finger snap.
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 02:39
    No.
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 02:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    The real question you are asking is can we exist beyond the material universe and the answer is yes.
    Prove it.
  15. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 04:01
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Prove it.
    you cant prove the existence of God what makes you think he can prove that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree