A happy 2012 to all posters

A happy 2012 to all posters

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Dec 11

Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
Of course, you can count on me as your friend ! Why ever a doubt entered your mind I do not know ! As regards being a Hindu, there is no doubt about that either. But that is a sectarian description I do not flaunt, although I am proud of many things which are my heritage as a Hindu. Being a Hindu confers on me the responsibility to think of all others as ...[text shortened]... ifestations of God ! Let all the choicest blessings of God be showered on you and all you love !
I dont know why a doubt entered my mind. I should have known.
Given your posting history, you have shown yourself to be a true gentle man and a wise hindu scholar (or something like that. )

BTW I made it past 4pm without a big rock hitting me from the sky so I guess I should never have doubted your op 🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Dec 11

Thanks Shahenshah for the kind response ! I will be travelling to Patna,Bihar by plane on 2 nd Jan. morning, on work !! I am not going to enjoy this particular journey because of the bitterly cold weather at Patna and because it is a strenuous inspection of a big bridge in distress and I , at my age, do not like clambering up and down within the box girde ...[text shortened]... f 2012 ! But let that not bother you ! May God bless you and yours with the choicest blessings !
Sometimes the toughest jobs are our best friends.

The ego is never happy with that which satisfies the "soul"

F

Moves
31 Dec 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Yes and no. For many and varied reasons which I dont have the energy to go into right now.
Well you said "it would be a shame if a big rock hit some major city and wiped out a bunch of people , giving a very bad start to the new year", so isn't that akin to an earthquake or other disaster? Or when it comes to what a life is worth, Indians and Americans, and all, are we talking about 4:1 ? Lot of Americans here, wouldn't surprise me if you were just trying to be diplomatic. Happy New Year.

🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF
Well you said "it would be a shame if a big rock hit some major city and wiped out a bunch of people , giving a very bad start to the new year", so isn't that akin to an earthquake or other disaster? Or when it comes to what a life is worth, Indians and Americans, and all, are we talking about 4:1 ? Lot of Americans here, wouldn't surprise me if you were just trying to be diplomatic. Happy New Year.

🙂
Happy new year to you too,FMF

No, I'm not trying to be diplomatic, I was more thinking along the lines of how much extra military budget and new terrorists laws that were introduced after 9/11. If you get my drift?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Dec 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
Well if you are referring to Christians who think they 'own' Christ then here is a verse you can quote them, especially those who say they are saved by grace. The grace of God which is the sacrifice of Christ has 'saved' ALL MEN.. ALL .. not just Christians

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to [b]all men,
[/b]
But there are men who do not accept God's gift of salvation. It is there, as an apple on a tree, promised to those who would ask it and accept it. But they have to choose to accept it. We only have to reach out and take the offer. This is why we have Free Will. If they choose to reject the gift, then none can say that God has screwed them over.

The Grace of God, the sacrifice of Christ, HAS saved ALL men, except those who reject the gift.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
31 Dec 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
But there are men who do not accept God's gift of salvation. It is there, as an apple on a tree, promised to those who would ask it and accept it. But they have to choose to accept it. We only have to reach out and take the offer. This is why we have Free Will. If they choose to reject the gift, then none can say that God has screwed them over.

The Grace of God, the sacrifice of Christ, HAS saved ALL men, except those who reject the gift.
Only God and Christ will know who has accepted the gift of salvation.

I do not know.
You do not know
Your pastor/priest/reverend does not know.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Dec 11

Only God and Christ will know who has accepted the gift of salvation.

I do not know.
You do not know
Your pastor/priest/reverend does not know.
But every individual should have a fair idea,no?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
31 Dec 11

But every individual should have a fair idea,no?
Actually a definite NO to that.

People who truly understand the doctrine of Christ and Paul know for sure of one thing ..

Mark 13:13 .. he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

I suspect that most of Christianity believes that all they need to do is to accept Christ with their mouth and they will be saved. Endurance and good works dont count for them.

The truth is nobody knows. We live in hope.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Jan 12

People who truly understand the doctrine of Christ and Paul know for sure of one thing ..

I suspect that most of Christianity believes that all they need to do is to accept Christ with their mouth and they will be saved. Endurance and good works dont count for them.

So why spirituality? why religion? why al this hub-bub? because we live in hope?

I know when I am doing something that resonates with the cosmos.
I mean every one knows when they are doing something right, deep down, and not just saying it.

I hate the word "hope". It implies not knowing for sure at all.
If there is no middle ground,As GB pointed out, then why the need to live in hope?

Spirituality is very real for me. I am not perfect. I do not know all. and that little which I do know I often have trouble putting into words. But I know. I know there a little part of us that is the same as "God".
All humans have the god-seed.

s

Moves
02 Jan 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Is it actually the New Year where you live now?
Or is this another early wish?
I have almost a day to wait here.

P.S. karoly aczel stated he did not like being wished a Merry Christmas
and Happy New Year early. I rather like it myself.
Sir,
Another early wish... by about 7 hours.

s

Moves
02 Jan 12

Thanks Shahenshah for the kind response ! I will be travelling to Patna,Bihar by plane on 2 nd Jan. morning, on work !! I am not going to enjoy this particular journey because of the bitterly cold weather at Patna and because it is a strenuous inspection of a big bridge in distress and I , at my age, do not like clambering up and down within the box girders. ...[text shortened]... rt of 2012 ! But let that not bother you ! May God bless you and yours with the choicest blessings !
Thank you, Sir,
Be safe on the high bridge!

s

Moves
02 Jan 12
1 edit

Sometimes the toughest jobs are our best friends.

The ego is never happy with that which satisfies the "soul"
Hey Karoly,
Belated Merry Christmas 😛 (heh heh)

And HOPE you have a Blessed New Year! 😀

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Jan 12

One can never know the heart of another. Only God can know this.

But one does have a special insight into their own heart, at least if they are not deluding themselves. So they do know their own salvation, since it was promised to them, and God does not make empty promises. Notice I speak only of the current "now", since if one's heart changes and they forsake their salvation in the future, it could still be lost. But certainly not without their knowledge of it.

I disagree. We CAN know (for ourselves, at least). We were told of the promise, the same promise guaranteed by the blood shed by the Son of God, and God does not lie.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jan 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
One can never know the heart of another. Only God can know this.

But one does have a special insight into their own heart, at least if they are not deluding themselves. So they do know their own salvation, since it was promised to them, and God does not make empty promises. Notice I speak only of the current "now", since if one's heart changes and the ...[text shortened]... omise, the same promise guaranteed by the blood shed by the Son of God, and God does not lie.
You dont know the future about yourself

Thats why I said we live in hope.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jan 12
1 edit

So why spirituality? why religion? why al this hub-bub? because we live in hope?

I know when I am doing something that resonates with the cosmos.
I mean every one knows when they are doing something right, deep down, and not just saying it.

I hate the word "hope". It implies not knowing for sure at all.
If there is no middle ground,As GB pointe ...[text shortened]... I know there a little part of us that is the same as "God".
All humans have the god-seed.
Hope implies a lack of knowledge about the future .. and that is perfectly fine.
I cannot understand how that changes anything.