A new religion, IF THERE WAS A GOD:

A new religion, IF THERE WAS A GOD:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jun 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
So basically anyone who doesn't agree with you is 'willingly ignorant'?
So why don't you display you wonderful knowledge for us ignorant ones, and explain how water cools. Where does all the heat go?
This is not the Science Forum. But haven't you ever heard of water cooled engines and fans? High winds can turn water into ice, as it did when God caused a strong wind to part the sea and make two walls of ice on either side of the dry land in the middle of the sea, as Israel went out of Eqypt into Arabia.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jun 14

Originally posted by Agerg
Actually no, at best you have a stagnant repository of view points owned by others which you plagiarise or refer to without comprehension.

No one backs up *your* views since you don't actually have any to call your own.
You are just jealous. That means feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
24 Jun 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
You are just jealous. That means feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages.
Well I've witnessed your intellectual prowess, and I'm certainly not jealous of that!!. I've seen your mugshot too - and for all my short-comings in the looks department I can't say I'm too jealous of that either 😵

Tell me Ronald ... what should I be jealous of? 🙂

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
24 Jun 14

Well I've witnessed your intellectual prowess, and I'm certainly not jealous of that!!. I've seen your mugshot too - and for all my short-comings in the looks department I can't say I'm too jealous of that either 😵

Contentment, for starters.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
25 Jun 14

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Contentment, for starters.
But in RJHind's case it's a somewhat shallow contentment ... if you've ever read Edwin Abbott's Flatland he comes across as the king of pointland - proud master of all he surveys!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jun 14

I don't have a mugshot because I have never been arrested. Now you have one more thing to be jealous of besides the fact that I am ...

The Near Genius

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
25 Jun 14

I don't have a mugshot because I have never been arrested. Now you have one more thing to be jealous of besides the fact that I am ...

The Near Genius
So near and yet so far.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jun 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
So near and yet so far.
Don't be jealous. It is not easy being up here NEAR the top. You can do just fine down there where you are among the average in intelligence.

The Near Genius
😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Jun 14

Don't be jealous. It is not easy being up here NEAR the top. You can do just fine down there where you are among the average in intelligence.

The Near Genius
😏
Back to the your personal hideaway oasis of stress, your comedy act. But where are your followers? A near genius should have followers, groupies hanging on your every word, women at your feet.

Where is all that?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Jun 14

Originally posted by vistesd
I think perhaps this (otherwise good) post somewhat confuses and conflates belief in something called “God” with the following:

--A particular god-concept: that of a supernatural, separate, personalistic being or entity.

--A god (or at least a theism) that has the nasty attributes that you list.

--What humans say and write about what they call “God ...[text shortened]... are confused! I suspect that you know precisely which “conventional theism” you are critiquing.
Hi, thanks for your post. I think you are one of the wise ones here. I am very busy at work so I printed out that post so I could understand it better. Will read it during the day, I think anything you say is worth looking at closely.

Cape Town

Moves
25 Jun 14

This is not the Science Forum. But haven't you ever heard of water cooled engines and fans?
Yes, I know how water cooled engines work. I was asking if you know.

High winds can turn water into ice,
Again, I know how this works. Do you?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jun 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
Back to the your personal hideaway oasis of stress, your comedy act. But where are your followers? A near genius should have followers, groupies hanging on your every word, women at your feet.

Where is all that?
I am not the Messiah. No one should be worshipping at my feet. I am one of many crying in the wilderness of sin to point the sinners to our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jun 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
So basically anyone who doesn't agree with you is 'willingly ignorant'?
So why don't you display you wonderful knowledge for us ignorant ones, and explain how water cools. Where does all the heat go?
This is not the Science Forum. Go there and ask about water cooling by evaporation.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
25 Jun 14

This is not the Science Forum. Go there and ask about water cooling by evaporation.
R.J. I think the point is that you are attempting to use the language of science to justify your belief that the Bible is literally true. The problem is that there is too much of a contradiction. The events described in the Bible, such as a world wide flood, can only come about if there is a suspension of the normal rules of nature. If you want to argue that it is at least consistent. But arguing that conventional science is somehow flawed and that these events could occur naturally just won't work. I see no inconsistency in an argument that God is not bound by the laws of physics, and therefore miracles are possible. But you seem to deny their miraculous nature.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jun 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
R.J. I think the point is that you are attempting to use the language of science to justify your belief that the Bible is literally true. The problem is that there is too much of a contradiction. The events described in the Bible, such as a world wide flood, can only come about if there is a suspension of the normal rules of nature. If you want to arg ...[text shortened]... of physics, and therefore miracles are possible. But you seem to deny their miraculous nature.
No, I have never denied the miraculous nature of those events. I even made a thread titled: Proof of the Supernatural. All I am saying is that miraculous events by God played a part in forming the natural world as we see it today. Noah's flood was caused by the supernatural hand of God working on the natural things He had created. God is not bound by the laws He created, but He can use those laws, if He wishes, to perform His purposes.