1. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 06:48
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Well, I live in Georgia and it cools things down here, even in the winter.
    And do you know why, or are you willingly ignorant?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 13:05
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And do you know why, or are you willingly ignorant?
    I am surprised that anyone would think that I would be willingly ignorant. One reason that water cools is that it has special properties and can absorb a lot of heat energy and then take that heat away into the air by evaporation. Water cools or body in a like manner by perspiration and evaporation.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 15:17
    I am surprised that anyone would think that I would be willingly ignorant.
    But you show no surprise at thinking everyone else is willingly ignorant.

One reason that water cools is that it has special properties...
    Actually, they are not particularly special.

and can absorb a lot of heat energy and then take that heat away into the air by evaporation. Water cools or body in a like manner by perspiration and evaporation.
    But do you realise that the energy just moves, it doesn't disappear. Water transfers heat from one place to another, or converts it into a different form. It does not magically make the heat disappear.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 17:201 edit
    Well, I live in Georgia and it cools things down here, even in the winter.
    Place an ice cube in an empty kitchen sink and observe that it will keep its shape for a good many minutes ... now introduce ice cube to cold water coming from the tap (or faucet as I believe you say in the states) ... observe the almost instantaneous deformation of the ice-cube as the cold water proceeds to heat it up.

Magic!!!
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 20:22
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But you show no surprise at thinking everyone else is willingly ignorant.

[b]One reason that water cools is that it has special properties...

Actually, they are not particularly special.

and can absorb a lot of heat energy and then take that heat away into the air by evaporation. Water cools or body in a like manner by perspiration and evap ...[text shortened]... to another, or converts it into a different form. It does not magically make the heat disappear.
    I never claimed everyone else is willingly ignorant.

If you think water does not have special properties, then why don't you eliminate water from your life for a year and then think again.

I said the water absorbs a lot of heat energy, that does not mean it magically disappears.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 12:331 edit
    I never claimed everyone else is willingly ignorant.

If you think water does not have special properties, then why don't you eliminate water from your life for a year and then think again.

I said the water absorbs a lot of heat energy, that does not mean it magically disappears.
    Well then, you do know we went to the moon, right, and even with a little bit of my help. They didn't find anything but dusty rocks there and 12 people walked around on it. The only sign of water there may be in craters forever in shadow, radar and other data seems to indicate lakes of ice but that is all.

If the moon was somehow inundated with water there would be a lot more than those possible lakes around now, especially if it only happened a few thousand years ago.

You live in a dream world.

Further, I don't believe a word you say. I think you are just putting up total bullshyte just for your own amusement. Just like a troll.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 21:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well then, you do know we went to the moon, right, and even with a little bit of my help. They didn't find anything but dusty rocks there and 12 people walked around on it. The only sign of water there may be in craters forever in shadow, radar and other data seems to indicate lakes of ice but that is all.

If the moon was somehow inundated with water the ...[text shortened]... I think you are just putting up total bullshyte just for your own amusement. Just like a troll.
    They did not do any drilling for oil either did they?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 21:55
    They did not do any drilling for oil either did they?
    So you are desperately hoping for there to be oceans of water on the moon. Good luck with that one, I also don't believe YOU believe ANY of the BS you put out. Just like a troll.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 08:39
    So you are desperately hoping for there to be oceans of water on the moon. Good luck with that one, I also don't believe YOU believe ANY of the BS you put out. Just like a troll.
    And a very successful troll when it comes to you.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 22:31
    I did not say I believe they will find oceans of water on the moon. I don't even believe they will ever go back to the moon.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 23:18
    I did not say I believe they will find oceans of water on the moon. I don't even believe they will ever go back to the moon.
    That's fine, believe all your fairy tales. I don't talk to trolls. Have another good laugh at our expense.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 05:20
    That's fine, believe all your fairy tales. I don't talk to trolls. Have another good laugh at our expense.
    I would rather you come to believe in Christ and be saved. But I can't help from laughing because you are so funny.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree