1. Joined
    16 Aug '08
    Moves
    972
    05 Sep '08 10:111 edit
    The earth and nature is such a beatiful place, and we are surrounded by amazing breath taking sights, even something as simple as the existance of a tree amazes me (for example how something as tall and mighty as a tree that has the ability live for hundreds of years came from a seed). So if there is no god out there who created it all, how does this beaty exist? Because theories like the Big Bang theory and similar ones dont convince me. I just don't see how this beatiful world could have been created by an explosion.

    Any comments?
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14509
    05 Sep '08 10:20
    Hi TBB;

    Where exactly you think that this theory is falce?
  3. Joined
    16 Aug '08
    Moves
    972
    05 Sep '08 10:27
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Hi TBB;

    Where exactly you think that this theory is falce?
    Do you mean why do I think it is false?

    Well to me it seems that us humans and nature and the complexity of our functioning seems far too complicated for an explosion to create, do you think? In my opinion, we must have been created by an intellictual being. I belive that it was God (as in the christian god) but for this argument I'm going to keep it general to any "super being".
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    83887
    05 Sep '08 10:30
    Originally posted by TheBadBishop
    The earth and nature is such a beatiful place, and we are surrounded by amazing breath taking sights, even something as simple as the existance of a tree amazes me (for example how something as tall and mighty as a tree that has the ability live for hundreds of years came from a seed). So if there is no god out there who created it all, how does this be ...[text shortened]... ust don't see how this beatiful world could have been created by an explosion.

    Any comments?
    Yes, don't you think that 'create' is too anthropomorphic to apply to a 'superior being'.

    How about nature as an expression of the nature of God?
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    05 Sep '08 10:33
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Hi TBB;

    Where exactly you think that this theory is falce?
    Are you going to answer the question or just pose another one?
  6. Joined
    16 Aug '08
    Moves
    972
    05 Sep '08 10:34
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Yes, don't you think that 'create' is too anthropomorphic to apply to a 'superior being'.

    How about nature as an expression of the nature of God?
    Yeah I reckon nature is an expression of the nature of God, but he still created everything (in my opinion), its just a word and I wouldnt look too much into it.
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    83887
    05 Sep '08 10:371 edit
    Originally posted by TheBadBishop
    Yeah I reckon nature is an expression of the nature of God, but he still created everything (in my opinion), its just a word and I wouldnt look too much into it.
    Words are very important -- technically, to say 'God created the world' is to create an idol: you fashion a likeness of God in your mind, to which God is unlikely to be identical.

    Best to say as little as possible ...
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    05 Sep '08 10:37
    Originally posted by TheBadBishop
    The earth and nature is such a beatiful place, and we are surrounded by amazing breath taking sights, even something as simple as the existance of a tree amazes me (for example how something as tall and mighty as a tree that has the ability live for hundreds of years came from a seed). So if there is no god out there who created it all, how does this be ...[text shortened]... ust don't see how this beatiful world could have been created by an explosion.

    Any comments?
    It's amazing that an tree can be into being from a small seed. It would amaze me more if the tree came out of nothing.

    It's amazing that the universe came into being from a big explosion. It would amaze me more if it was constructed bit by bit.

    The first paragraph is about evolution.
    The second paragraph is about cosmogony.
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14509
    05 Sep '08 10:40
    Originally posted by TheBadBishop
    Do you mean why do I think it is false?

    Well to me it seems that us humans and nature and the complexity of our functioning seems far too complicated for an explosion to create, do you think? In my opinion, we must have been created by an intellictual being. I belive that it was God (as in the christian god) but for this argument I'm going to keep it general to any "super being".
    You are free to believe whatever you want, but can you be specific regarding the Bib Bang? I asked you which part/ parts of the theory you estimate that they are false because I understood that you prefer some other theory or explanation. If your intention was just to say that you have a specific religion which contradicts with the Big Bang and therefore you dismiss this theory in the name of your faith, OK then, kindly please feel free to have your religion;
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    05 Sep '08 10:41
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Words are very important -- technically, to say 'God created the world' is to create an idol: you fashion a likeness of God in your mind, to which God is unlikely to be identical.

    Best to say as little as possible ...
    Quite the contrary.

    To say that God created the world is not to worship the world. Therefore it is not to make an idol to replace God.

    Much of what I know about idols from the Bible never ever suggests that to acknolwedge God as the Creator is to make an idol.
  11. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    2120
    05 Sep '08 10:431 edit
    Originally posted by TheBadBishop
    Do you mean why do I think it is false?

    Well to me it seems that us humans and nature and the complexity of our functioning seems far too complicated for an explosion to create, do you think? In my opinion, we must have been created by an intellictual being. I belive that it was God (as in the christian god) but for this argument I'm going to keep it general to any "super being".
    …. Well to me it seems that us humans and nature and the complexity of our FUNCTIONING seems far too complicated for an explosion to create, do you think?…. (my emphasis)

    Exactly what do you mean by “our FUNCTIONING“ ? do you mean “biological function”?
    - if so, nobody is saying an “explosion” created our biological functions -evolution created our biological functions (although, no doubt, we wouldn’t exist without the big bang). Are you confusing the big bang theory with the theory of evolution?
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    05 Sep '08 10:443 edits
    Originally posted by black beetle
    You are free to believe whatever you want, but can you be specific regarding the Bib Bang? I asked you which part/ parts of the theory you estimate that they are false because I understood that you prefer some other theory or explanation. If your intention was just to say that you have a specific religion which contradicts with the Big Bang and therefor ...[text shortened]... s this theory in the name of your faith, OK then, kindly please feel free to have your religion;
    What Bang ? Isn't that kind of imprecise scientific language to speak of the Big Bang. I mean there was no air so how could there be a Bang ?

    Your expression "Big Bang" is kind of scientifically naive. Maybe you should come up with a more scientifically precise sounding expression.
  13. Joined
    16 Aug '08
    Moves
    972
    05 Sep '08 10:46
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Words are very important -- technically, to say 'God created the world' is to create an idol: you fashion a likeness of God in your mind, to which God is unlikely to be identical.

    Best to say as little as possible ...
    The first verse of he Bible, inspired by the words of God himself "In the beggining God created the heaves and the earth", I don't see how you can disagree with the word created? and instead of arguing over words, why not address the actually question?
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    83887
    05 Sep '08 10:47
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    It's amazing that an tree can be into being from a small seed. It would amaze me more if the tree came out of nothing.

    It's amazing that the universe came into being from a big explosion. It would amaze me more if it was constructed bit by bit.

    The first paragraph is about evolution.
    The second paragraph is about cosmogony.
    This might interest you:

    http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/spinoza-modal/

    It branches out from Spinoza's view that “in nature there is nothing contingent, but all things have been determined from the necessity of the divine nature to exist and produce an effect in a certain way” (EIp29) and that “things could have been produced by God in no other way, and in no other order than they have been produced” (EIp33).
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14509
    05 Sep '08 10:47
    Originally posted by jaywill
    What Bang ? Isn't that kind of imprecise scientific language to speak of the Big Bang. I mean there was no air so how could there be a Bang ?

    Your expression "Big Bang" is kind of scientifically naive. Maybe you should come up with a more scientifically precise sounding expression.
    Hi jaywill🙂

    Hi FF, AH dude, BdN and everybody😉
Back to Top