1. Joined
    16 Aug '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 14:15
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Who created God? or do you get so amazed by him that you dont even begin to apply the same logic to him?
    No of course I have wondered about that. I awhile ago I was asking around about this and probally one of the best answers I got said that God is outside of the 4 dimensions that we are limited. For example we live within the physical dimensions of height, width and depth, and time, where as God is not restricted to these and could perhaps in more of a "spritual realm" instead of a physical realm. With that in mind time would not be a dimension there, therefor there was no beggining. I thought that was a pretty good theory and it makes sense really. Its the only theory I have ever heard christian and non christian alike which explains how the first object/being/matter existed.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 14:191 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Does God sit on a throne?
    God has all authority so that is as much of a throne as you need to be concerned with.

Not ony so but the Bible says the righteousness is the foundation of His throne. So He has a throne and the throne is upon righteousness as its foundation.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 14:22
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Who created God? or do you get so amazed by him that you dont even begin to apply the same logic to him?

Lets look at your skepticism in more detail:
    Do you believe that something beautiful / complex / amazing can never come from something less beautiful / complex / amazing without the assistance of some supreme being even if the difference is very sl ...[text shortened]... atical object called the Mandelbro set? Look it up. Its existence more or less proves you wrong.
    Might as well go all the way. Who created "who" and who created "created" ?
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 14:26
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    You're not listening.

What film plays in your head when you read the creation story in Genesis?
    Isn't that kind of a loaded question? First ask him/her if any film at ALL plays in the head.

"Do you miss beating your wife ?"
  5. Joined
    16 Aug '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 14:26
    yeah kindof, I just dont see how everything around us could be created by anything less than a supreme being, i think the fact that humans are alive and function is pretty amazing.
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 14:33
    Originally posted by TheBadBishop
    yeah kindof, I just dont see how everything around us could be created by anything less than a supreme being, i think the fact that humans are alive and function is pretty amazing.
    So you don't see it. Why? Your education is based 100% on the good book?
  7. Joined
    16 Aug '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 23:59
    so do you think that the reason we are alive and the fact that there is such thing as earth and matter is just a product of complete chance?
  8. Joined
    15 Apr '07
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 01:34
    The earth and nature is such a beatiful place, and we are surrounded by amazing breath taking sights, even something as simple as the existance of a tree amazes me (for example how something as tall and mighty as a tree that has the ability live for hundreds of years came from a seed). So if there is no god out there who created it all, how does this be ...[text shortened]... ust don't see how this beatiful world could have been created by an explosion.

Any comments?
    I've read an idea that there have been many Big Bangs and we are merely a product of one that worked (developed the proper laws and elements to allow planets and life to exist.)
    It is possible that we exist because we can more than becuase someone put us here and that complex life is inevitable where ever the conditions are right.
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 08:35
    so do you think that the reason we are alive and the fact that there is such thing as earth and matter is just a product of complete chance?
    I am amazed. Have a good day my friend.-
  10. Joined
    16 Aug '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 11:59
    Originally posted by Mungi The Fungi
    I've read an idea that there have been many Big Bangs and we are merely a product of one that worked (developed the proper laws and elements to allow planets and life to exist.)
    It is possible that we exist because we can more than becuase someone put us here and that complex life is inevitable where ever the conditions are right.
    Even if the conditions are possible it doesnt explain how we were created, and how those explosions were created...since an explosion requires oxygen and matter.
  11. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 21:17
    I think it is called an epistemiological contradiction.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 12:023 edits
    Originally posted by znsho
    I think it is called an epistemiological contradiction.
    One scientist - Robert Jastrow, founder of NASA's Goddard Institute of Space Studies, and a confessed agnostic wrote:

"Astronomers now find they have painted themselves into a corner because they have proven, by their own methods, that the world began abruptly in an act of creation to which you can trace the seeds of every star, every planet, every living thing in this cosmos and on the earth. And they have found that all this happened as a product of forces they cannot hope to discover ... That there are what I or anyone would call supernatural forces at work is now, I think, a scientifically proven fact."

["A Scientist Caught Between Two Faiths: Interview with Robert Jastrow," Christianity Today, August 6, 1982]

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree