1. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 19:541 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]I do find the "only Christians can be saved" line somewhat offensive--but I recognize that it is not generally intended to be, and the offense is probably due to my own sensitivity.
    Kind of a stumbling block, ain't it?[/b]
    Not for me. 😉

EDIT: Boy am I slow! I just got that (whack my forhead)!
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 20:06
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Not for me. 😉

EDIT: Boy am I slow! I just got that (whack my forhead)!
    While the afterlife offers some incredible advantages, until then, better slow than dead.
  3. Joined
    05 Feb '04
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 00:05
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Finally, someone got it right: Freakybaby. Thank you for that.
    The only band from Seattle that I can think of which had an album with 'yield' in it is Pearl Jam.
    yeah, pearl jam, thats the band i couldnt remember yesterday,, thank you for that ,,
  4. Joined
    05 Feb '04
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 00:08
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Messianic Judaism seems to be something of a (small) mixed bag, sometimes representing little more than the result of Christian evangelizing to Jews—especially the “Jews for Jesus” group, founded by a Baptist minister—and to include as many gentiles as (ethnic) Jews. Some appear to be more "orthodox" Christian than others (e.g., on the question of the trini ...[text shortened]... ://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messianic_Judaism

No insults: it's an interesting phenomenon.
    wow, I didnt know that Moishe Rosen was a baptist minister, actually I dont think he ever was a baptist minister. You might want to get your facts straight on that one. as far as I know, Moishe Rosen founded Jews for Jesus. Can anyone substantiate that or what?
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 00:36
    Originally posted by skywalker red
    wow, I didnt know that Moishe Rosen was a baptist minister, actually I dont think he ever was a baptist minister. You might want to get your facts straight on that one. as far as I know, Moishe Rosen founded Jews for Jesus. Can anyone substantiate that or what?
    Uh, aren't you somewhere near a computer?
  6. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 16:58
    Originally posted by skywalker red
    From the Wikipedia article I cited in my above post:

“Perhaps the best known of the Messianic groups, although certainly not the largest, is the controversial Jews for Jesus organization, officially founded by the Baptist minister Martin Rosen, who prefers to be called "Moishe" Rosen, in 1973.”

Whether or not that is accurate, I don’t know. Does it make them somehow a bogus organization? I don’t know why it should. It does indicate—if accurate—that at least that Messianic group did not originate out of a strictly Jewish milieu.

Again, I don’t have any judgments or criticisms of Messianic Judaism per se. I actually looked them up because of your post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree