1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 00:53
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    my pastors wife works in the nursery at a hospital and even says taht you can tell by their cries that they are selfish.
    So because of a 2000 year old useless book, your pastor, using his incredible insight, pronounces babies as selfish because the little bastards are hungry and crying to get someone to feed them. Is that about it?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 03:481 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The tenth commandment [b]"You shall not covet" is a catchall.

To want jealously what another has is universal. This is really a command against a feeling, like "You shall not FEEL that way."

It is really impossible for any person to say they have not coveted.
    People covet material possessions.
    People covet artistic creations.
    People covet e ...[text shortened]... f thanksgiving.
    There should be no questionmark. We have all broken the tenth commandment.[/b]
    I may have broken the tenth commandment out of arrogance when I was a young teenager, but having learned of the consequences of these actions , I have refrained from conciously "covetting" anything or anybody, thank you my good sir.
    If we are not given a chance to "sin" then how shall we learn about freewill.

So I agree, covetting, the way you have described, is bad. But where do you draw the line with children learning about the world?
    For example, surely you would rather teenage children learn about the consequences of murder from tv than having to be actually involved in a real life mruder?
    (I just wondered what you though about this stuff, particularly when you think a child can become a "criminal", when are they to be held accountable for thier actions? 16? 18? )

edit: First of all I thought I was responding to RBHILL for some reason, but as there seems to be some agreement between you two, maybe you could answer the question too, jaywill, if you felt like it.
    Secondly, in light of the many..err..revealing comments made by RBHILL (I didn't read the whole thread befor I responded), I think he's kind of shed some light on my question about children that I was directing at him. I find it sad that you think children are born evil. I would go so far as to say it is a false premise.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree