1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    26 Oct '05 23:422 edits
    When, if ever, on the Biblical timeline did dinosaurs roam the earth?

    Did they live strictly previous to man, for a day or two between the creation of the universe and man?

    Did dinosaurs and man coexist in Eden?

    Did they never exist at all?

    How, if at all, do you reconcile the scientific findings regarding dinosaur bones with your position?
  2. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Joined
    14 Jun '02
    Moves
    17381
    26 Oct '05 23:44
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    When, if ever, on the Biblical timeline did dinosaurs roam the earth?

    Did they live stricly previous to man, for a day or two between the creation of the universe and man?

    Did dinosaurs and man coexist in Eden?

    Did they never exist at all?

    How, if at all, do you reconcile the scientific findings regarding dinosaur bones with your position?
    http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/images/behemoth/biblesaur.jpg
  3. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    26 Oct '05 23:50
    Originally posted by bbarr
    http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/images/behemoth/biblesaur.jpg
    LOL...good one.
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39559
    26 Oct '05 23:55
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    When, if ever, on the Biblical timeline did dinosaurs roam the earth?

    Did they live strictly previous to man, for a day or two between the creation of the universe and man?

    Did dinosaurs and man coexist in Eden?

    Did they never exist at all?

    How, if at all, do you reconcile the scientific findings regarding dinosaur bones with your position?
    Absolute proof that dinosaurs lived at the same time as Man was uncovered in New Mexico in 1999, but has been suppressed by the same atheistic sodomites who dominate the so-called US government. http://www.nmsr.org/Archive.html
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    26 Oct '05 23:56
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    LOL...good one.
    We have some common ground, a great start for a Serious Question thread. I, too, love the image. I particularly like the recursive nature of the scene, with the Biblesaur searching for the truth of whether he really existed. His bookmark being about halfway through indicates that Genesis did not resolve the issue for him, but his smile of satisfaction indicates that somewhere near the end of the OT, he found the answer he was looking for.
  6. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Joined
    14 Jun '02
    Moves
    17381
    27 Oct '05 00:02
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    We have some common ground, a great start for a Serious Question thread. I, too, love the image. I particularly like the recursive nature of the scene, with the Biblesaur searching for the truth of whether he really existed. His bookmark being about halfway through indicates that Genesis did not resolve the issue for him, but his smile of satisfaction indicates that somewhere near the end of the OT, he found the answer he was looking for.
    Why don't you try and be a bit more like Biblesaur, you goddamn heathen?
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    27 Oct '05 00:172 edits
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Why don't you try and be a bit more like Biblesaur, you goddamn heathen?
    Mankind's range of existence on the Biblical timeline is not at issue in this thread.

    Besides, Biblesaur may be a work of the devil. Upon close inspection of the vibrating pages, it appears that he may be in the act of releasing pre-historic flatulence on the Holy Book. What I mistook for a smile of satisfaction may actually be a hellish smirk.
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    27 Oct '05 00:19
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    http://www.nmsr.org/
    Now that's a website I could bookmark!!
  9. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    27 Oct '05 00:40
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Mankind's range of existence on the Biblical timeline is not at issue in this thread.

    Besides, Biblesaur may be a work of the devil. Upon close inspection of the vibrating pages, it appears that he may be in the act of releasing pre-historic flatulence on the Holy Book. What I mistook for a smile of satisfcation may actually be a hellish smirk.
    The theory I have heard is this...

    Gen 1:1-2
    1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
    2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
    (NKJ)

    I was told there is no word in the hebrew for "was" in verse 2.
    The proper translation is "became".
    So if the earth "became" "tohu va bohu",( which is the hebrew, I think, have not looked it up) which means "in vain., and God does not create anything in vain
    Isa 45:18
    18 For thus says the LORD, who created the heavens, who is God, who formed the earth and made it, who has established it, who did not create it in vain, who formed it to be inhabited: "I am the LORD, and there is no other.
    (NKJ)

    then I believe it was Lucifer's work when he "tampered" with God's work after he was cast down to earth before creation of man.
    Of course, as I said, it is theory.
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    27 Oct '05 00:47
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    The theory I have heard is this...

    Gen 1:1-2
    1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
    2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
    (NKJ)

    I was told there is no word in the hebrew for "was" in verse 2.
    The proper translation is ...[text shortened]... k after he was cast down to earth before creation of man.
    Of course, as I said, it is theory.
    Here my guiding principle in this: God doesn't have a need to explain everything. They existed. So what. Not every species is recorded in the Bible. Doesn't need to be. Not everything is included in the Bible. Doesn't need to be.
  11. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Joined
    14 Jun '02
    Moves
    17381
    27 Oct '05 00:53
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Mankind's range of existence on the Biblical timeline is not at issue in this thread.

    Besides, Biblesaur may be a work of the devil. Upon close inspection of the vibrating pages, it appears that he may be in the act of releasing pre-historic flatulence on the Holy Book. What I mistook for a smile of satisfaction may actually be a hellish smirk.
    Look, there is overwhelming evidence that dinosaurs existed concurrently with man. Here, for instance, is a picture of a barbarian riding a triceratops:

    http://www.sausageoflife.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/imaginext/images/tank.JPG

    And Jesus didn't just ride donkeys:

    http://frylock3.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/jesusridingadinosaur.jpg.w300h258.jpg

    How much more evidence do you need?
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    27 Oct '05 01:12
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Look, there is overwhelming evidence that dinosaurs existed concurrently with man. Here, for instance, is a picture of a barbarian riding a triceratops:

    http://www.sausageoflife.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/imaginext/images/tank.JPG

    And Jesus didn't just ride donkeys:

    http://frylock3.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/jesusridingadinosaur.jpg.w300h258.jpg

    How much more evidence do you need?
    A word from the wise is sufficient. If bbarr thinks it's true, it must be so.
  13. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    27 Oct '05 01:12
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Here my guiding principle in this: God doesn't have a need to explain everything. They existed. So what. Not every species is recorded in the Bible. Doesn't need to be. Not everything is included in the Bible. Doesn't need to be.
    Right on Rev....I second that.
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    27 Oct '05 01:19
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    The theory I have heard is this...

    Gen 1:1-2
    1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
    2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
    (NKJ)

    I was told there is no word in the hebrew for "was" in verse 2.
    The proper translation is ...[text shortened]... k after he was cast down to earth before creation of man.
    Of course, as I said, it is theory.
    Does this aim to answer any of my original questions? I want you to place the existence of dinosaurs on the Biblical timeline, not speculate as to how they arose or died out.
  15. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    27 Oct '05 01:211 edit
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Look, there is overwhelming evidence that dinosaurs existed concurrently with man. Here, for instance, is a picture of a barbarian riding a triceratops:

    http://www.sausageoflife.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/imaginext/images/tank.JPG

    And Jesus didn't just ride donkeys:

    http://frylock3.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/jesusridingadinosaur.jpg.w300h258.jpg

    How much more evidence do you need?
    This photographic evidence establishes mere point estimates of when dinosaurs lived. I want an interval estimate on the Biblical time scale. All you have demonstrated is that the time of Jesus and barbarians lies within that interval. I want to know its endpoints.
Back to Top