1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 02:47
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Sir, your own source isn't even logically coherent.

How can the flood have caused the demise of the dinosaurs AND be a turning point for how dinosaurs lived before and after it?

http://www.christiananswers.net/dinosaurs/j-bfnaft1.html

Do you care to retract your "proof positive" claim that the flood caused their extinction in light of thi ...[text shortened]... he image.

Please, don't criticize my faith when your world view is rooted in contradictions.
    Then where the heck are all the dinosaurs that survived the Flood? On tropical islands with 80 foot tall apes?
  2. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 02:50
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Then where the heck are all the dinosaurs that survived the Flood? On tropical islands with 80 foot tall apes?
    Maybe they've evolved into... oh, wait..., D'oh!
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 02:54
    Originally posted by PawnCurry
    I'm sure there must be at least one Christian out there who has a sensible anwer
    How sure? This is a question I've had go unanswered to my satisfaction since my early childhood.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 02:551 edit
    Originally posted by bbarr
    No, no, no! I am not endorsing these fanciful interpretations of the evidence. I take the evidence provided by the images literally. Clearly, these images show that the dinosaurs were wiped out by the uberflood. Those people who say that dinosaurs existed after the flood aren't true Christians. How, after all, would Noah fit dinosaurs on the Ark!
    In another thread, near this one:

Originally posted by Wulebgr
    "Then the Lord said to Noah, 'Go into the ark, you and all your household, for I have seen that you are righteous before me in this generation. Take with you seven pairs of all clean animals, the male and his mate; and a pair of the animals that are not clean, the male and his mate'." Genesis 7: 1-2 RSV (a translation, not a paraphrase).

Now my question: Were there a single pair or seven pairs of T-Rex, Brontosaurus, and the other dinosaurs.

bbarr's reference to certain images as evidence offers a satisfactory answer to my question. However, the text is not clear, so I wonder where xtians get this peculiar interpretation.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 02:57
    Originally posted by bbarr
    No, no, no! I am not endorsing these fanciful interpretations of the evidence. I take the evidence provided by the images literally. Clearly, these images show that the dinosaurs were wiped out by the uberflood. Those people who say that dinosaurs existed after the flood aren't true Christians. How, after all, would Noah fit dinosaurs on the Ark!
    You are obviously some kind of heretic spewing bile on THE WORD OF GOD. Dinosaurs too big for the Ark? Absurd! Dr. Dino has a simple (that's his specialty) explanation:

So the obvious question came up; Did Noah take dinosaurs on the ark? People say, "Dinosaurs on the ark? They’re kind of big aren’t they?" Well, the big ones were big, but the little ones were little. Noah was six hundred years old when he built that boat; he was smart enough to figure out that you don’t have bring the biggest ones you can find; you bring two babies. Just be sure to get a pink one and a blue one. There are all sorts of reasons for bringing babies. They’re smaller, they eat less, they weigh less, they sleep more, they’re tougher; you know kids fall down and bounce and get up and keep running. Adults fall down and break, or lay there for awhile. Plus, after the flood the young ones would live longer to produce more offspring, and that’s why you’re bringing them to begin with. So it makes common sense to bring babies of everything onto the ark.

http://www.algonet.se/~tourtel/hovind_seminar/seminar_part3a.html

Now don't you feel like a complete fool, blasphemer!
  6. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 03:00
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You are obviously some kind of heretic spewing bile on THE WORD OF GOD. Dinosaurs too big for the Ark? Absurd! Dr. Dino has a simple (that's his specialty) explanation:

So the obvious question came up; Did Noah take dinosaurs on the ark? People say, "Dinosaurs on the ark? They’re kind of big aren’t they?" Well, the big ones were big, but th ...[text shortened]... vind_seminar/seminar_part3a.html

Now don't you feel like a complete fool, blasphemer!
    😳

Let me take a moment to wipe this egg from my face.
  7. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 03:05
    How sure? This is a question I've had go unanswered to my satisfaction since my early childhood.
    Not very sure at all after having read this!

http://www.christiananswers.net/dinosaurs/j-lost3.html
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 03:05
    When, if ever, on the Biblical timeline did dinosaurs roam the earth?

Did they live strictly previous to man, for a day or two between the creation of the universe and man?

Did dinosaurs and man coexist in Eden?

Did they never exist at all?

How, if at all, do you reconcile the scientific findings regarding dinosaur bones with your position?
    Adam and Eve live with the lions, tigers, and bears oh,my.

Animals in that day were probably harmless.

God brought the animals to the ark before the flood came.
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 03:093 edits
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Adam and Eve live with the lions, tigers, and bears oh,my.

Animals in that day were probably harmless.
    Do you suppose the big cats in Eden had the same sort of teeth and claws that they have today AND that they didn't hunt and eat meat? Or were they originally much like stuffed animals feared only by the local flora, and only sprouted these implements after the fall?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 03:133 edits
    Dr. Dino has got your question all figured out, Dr. Scribbles:

Here’s a Thai restaurant that has a picture of a boat from Thailand with a dragon head on it. Thai legends talk about dragon slayers. A Russian medallion shows a man slaying a dragon. A Bulgarian postage stamp shows a man killing a dragon. Many national heroes in these ancient older countries are dragon slayers. I think dinosaurs lived all through history all the way up to 600 BC.

If there's a Bulgarian postage stamp with a picture of a dragon on it, that's proof positive they existed up until the founding of modern Bulgaria in the mid 1800's. Just like the fact that there's a picture of Legolas on my grandson's happy meal box proves that elves helped defeat the forces of the Evil Lord Sauron after Ray Kroc opened the first McDonald's in the 1950's.
  11. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 03:234 edits
    Dr. Dino needs to have his degree revoked if he genuinely espouses teachings such as this:

"The Devil’s Lie. The Devil couldn’t fool Adam about them, Adam named them. He knew they [humans] were with them. Devil couldn’t fool Noah with dinosaurs, because he had them on the ark. He fed them every morning. The Devil couldn’t fool people for hundreds of years, because they knew about them. But, as time came along, dinosaurs became more rare; big ones died off or killed off. Thousand years ago, they were extremely rare, five hundred years ago they were even more rare, and the population of people started to sky rocket. So here we've got billions of people on the earth that [have] never seen a dinosaur. Two hundred years ago, when they found the bones and put one together, the Devil said, "Ha, Ha, here’s my chance; I’ve been waiting six thousand years for this. These critters have always lived with man, I know that and God knows that. But these people don’t know that." The devil said, "I think that I’m going to tell these folks that they lived millions of years ago, and if they believe it, it will make them doubt the Bible."
    And boy, has it worked good. For the last hundred and fifty years, boys and girls go to kindergarten and they learn, "Boys and girls, we are going to read about prehistoric animals." You open up the first page of the book and it shows a dinosaur. The first sentence in the book says, "millions of years ago." Right? And those kids are learning to doubt the Bible before they can even read it. Satan is reaching the kids when they are three and four years old. And we are waiting to win them back to the Lord when they’re twelve or sixteen, and the devil already has them. "

500 years ago! In the 1500th Year of Our Lord, dinosaurs were rare! It's really too much. Here is a history of zoology, dating back to 4500 B.C., with, remarkably, no mention of living dinosaurs anywhere.
    http://www.wta.org.za/info/history/zoos.htm
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 03:341 edit
    Dr. Dino needs to have his degree revoked if he genuinely espouses teachings such as this:

"The Devil’s Lie. The Devil couldn’t fool Adam about them, Adam named them. He knew they [humans] were with them. Devil couldn’t fool Noah with dinosaurs, because he had them on the ark. He fed them every morning. The Devil couldn’t fool people for hundreds ...[text shortened]...

500 years ago! In the 1500th Year of Our Lord, dinosaurs were rare! It's really too much.
    I think his logic is impeccable; dinosaurs WERE rare 500 years ago weren't they? It reminds of a scene from the great cartoon George of the Jungle (not the crappy movie):

George is standing with a piece of jewelry around his neck. The English guy (whatever his name was) says: "George what's that you're wearing?"

George: "It's a magical charm."

EG: "Well what does it do?"

George: "It keeps away polar bears."

EG: "Polar bears!? George, we're in Africa; there's no polar bears within 5,000 miles of here!"

George: "See how well it works!!"
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 03:40
    When, if ever, on the Biblical timeline did dinosaurs roam the earth?

Did they live strictly previous to man, for a day or two between the creation of the universe and man?

Did dinosaurs and man coexist in Eden?

Did they never exist at all?

How, if at all, do you reconcile the scientific findings regarding dinosaur bones with your position?
    In my opinion they coexisted in Eden with Adam and were on the
    ark too.
    Kelly
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 03:455 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    ark too.
    Kelly
    Do you suppose Tyrannosaurus Rex was an herbivore in Eden?

For some reason, I thought you believed that God put millions of years old dinosaur fossils into the earth at creation. I guess I had you confused with pcaspian. At any rate, how do you account for those very old fossils, and no recent fossils, if dinosaurs lived 6000 years ago?

Dr. S

P.S. Yes, I definitely had you confused with pcaspian. I now remember our previous discussion regarding your theory that Noah brought dinosaur eggs on the ark.
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 04:29
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    ark too.
    Kelly
    Yikes. This literal interpretation thing just gets weirder and weirder -- rabbit hole style. Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?

Then I guess Eden would have been something like a real life Jurassic Park?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree