1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 May '18 02:57
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b]Sure, I have pride issues.

Matthew 18
    2And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, 3and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you change and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. 4“Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

"The truth will make you free" w ...[text shortened]... u are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
    You twisted that up pretty good ToO.

You can become as much like a child as you want, but if you don't know the Jesus of the Bible, and His true identity, you will never enter the kingdom of God.

Be as childlike as you want. It won't save you.

Try to read and comprehend this. The topic of discussion is about the true identity of Jesus Christ. Not about becoming like a child.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 May '18 03:00
    Originally posted by @apathist
    It surprises me that anyone in the world thinks I'm a bully. I am meek, people! Do a test.
    Ok. Here's the first test question.

Are you a sinner?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 May '18 06:50
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Ok. Here's the first test question.

Are you a sinner?
    I don't think the word 'sinner' has any real value when asked to a non-theist.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 May '18 10:25
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    The following is taken from an interview with a prosecutor from a documentary about a team of investigators that seek to prove the innocence of those wrongfully convicted.

In this particular case, four people were shot execution style in a bowling alley. The individual convicted had a history of mental health issues and confessed to the crime. However ...[text shortened]... approach be allowed to hold a position that can have such a large impact on the lives of others?
    What are your thoughts on this matter...?
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 May '18 10:44
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Explains why there are non-theists.

Sin is the transgression of the law of God.
    The first commandment is to love God.

No God - no accountability.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 May '18 11:181 edit
    From digging around the website:

"The Upper Room® is a global ministry dedicated to supporting the spiritual life of Christians seeking to know and experience God more fully. From its beginnings in 1935 as a daily devotional guide, The Upper Room has grown to include publications, programs, prayer support, and other resources to help believers of all ages and denominations move to a deeper level of faith and service. "

Parent organization: Discipleship Ministries
    Headquarters location: Nashville, TN
    Founded: 1935
    Publication types: Magazines, books

Discipleship Ministries, formerly known as the General Board of Discipleship, is one of 13 international agencies, boards and commissions of The United Methodist Church. Wikipedia
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 May '18 11:38
    Originally posted by @js357
    From digging around the website:

"The Upper Room® is a global ministry dedicated to supporting the spiritual life of Christians seeking to know and experience God more fully. From its beginnings in 1935 as a daily devotional guide, The Upper Room has grown to include publications, programs, prayer support, and other resources to help believers of all ages ...[text shortened]... international agencies, boards and commissions of The United Methodist [b]Church
    . Wikipedia[/b]
    But how many professing Christians read the Bible?

LifeWay Research.

NASHVILLE, Tenn.— Americans have a positive view of the Bible. And many say the Christian scriptures are filled with moral lessons for today.

However, more than half of Americans have read little or none of the Bible.

Less than a quarter of those who have ever read a Bible have a systematic plan for reading the Christian scriptures each day. And a third of Americans never pick it up on their own, according to a new study from Nashville-based LifeWay Research.

Small wonder many church leaders worry about biblical illiteracy, said Scott McConnell, executive director of LifeWay Research.

“Most Americans don’t know first-hand the overall story of the Bible—because they rarely pick it up,” McConnell said. “Even among worship attendees less than half read the Bible daily. The only time most Americans hear from the Bible is when someone else is reading it.”

LifeWayResearch.com
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 13:21
    One who transgresses divine law. You previously claimed to have no notion of divine law. Do you have a notion of it now?
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 May '18 13:29
    But how many professing Christians read the Bible?

LifeWay Research.

NASHVILLE, Tenn.— Americans have a positive view of the Bible. And many say the Christian scriptures are filled with moral lessons for today.

However, more than half of Americans have read little or none of the Bible.

Less than a quarter of those who have ever read a Bible ha ...[text shortened]... e most Americans hear from the Bible is when someone else is reading it.”

LifeWayResearch.com
    How many layers of interpretation are there between a person and what they say is the ultimate source of guidance for their lives? How much distortion occurs (intentional or not)?
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:111 edit
    You twisted that up pretty good ToO.

You can become as much like a child as you want, but if you don't know the Jesus of the Bible, and His true identity, you will never enter the kingdom of God.

Be as childlike as you want. It won't save you.

Try to read and comprehend this. The topic of discussion is about the true identity of Jesus Christ. Not about becoming like a child.
    You wrote:
    <<"The truth will make you free" when you learn the truth about the true identity of Jesus Christ. >>

But Jesus said:
    <<"The truth will make you free" IF "you abide in [His] word". >>

Jesus did not say:
    <<"'The truth will make you free' when you learn the truth about the true identity of Jesus Christ". >>

Clearly you are the one who has it "twisted..up pretty good".

Also Jesus made it clear that "unless you change and become [humble] like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven".

You've shown time and again that you don't really care what Jesus actually said or didn't say. All you seem able to do is regurgitate the "gospel" that you have been taught. A "gospel" that is not the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:35
    Explains why there are non-theists.

Sin is the transgression of the law of God.
    The first commandment is to love God.

No God - no accountability.
    My point exactly sir. If 'sin' is a transgression against God, what relevance does it have to a person who doesn't believe in God?

But it is erroneous to think an atheist is not accountable for his/her actions. You just need to find better terminology.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:42
    My point exactly sir. If 'sin' is a transgression against God, what relevance does it have to a person who doesn't believe in God?

But it is erroneous to think an atheist is not accountable for his/her actions. You just need to find better terminology.
    Accountable to whom? The police? What if an atheist knows he won’t get caught? His family? What if an atheist knows his family will never find out what he’s done?

Who exactly is the atheist accountable to?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 May '18 15:01
    Sweden is 80% atheist. Imagine an entire country without morals! Oh, wait, they have one of the lowest crime rates in the world. Huh, guess religion isn't that important after all and that man is only really accountable to his conscience.

Anon
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 May '18 15:29
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What are your thoughts on this matter...?
    Lol.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 16:26
    Sweden is 80% atheist. Imagine an entire country without morals! Oh, wait, they have one of the lowest crime rates in the world. Huh, guess religion isn't that important after all and that man is only really accountable to his conscience.

Anon
    It’s interesting you dodged the question. Who is the atheist accountable to?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree