1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 May '18 19:41
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    They do exactly the same thing except there are not dire consequences like in this case. They would take all kinds of things as signs from God that they are on the right track when in fact they are just going down the road that they want to be on and using the signs as excuses like the prosecuetor in this case.
    Exactly.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    22 May '18 19:44
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Unfortunately that seems to be the mindset of many Christians. They seem to be able to interpret almost anything as "guidance" from the Lord after they have asked for it.
    And how do you recieve "guidance" from the Lord? The internet?
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 May '18 19:473 edits
    Originally posted by @secondson
    And how do you recieve "guidance" from the Lord? The internet?
    Why do you repeatedly bring up "the internet" as a source for me in your attempts to disparage? It doesn't make any sense. But then, whether or not something makes sense doesn't seem to be much of a consideration for you.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    22 May '18 19:56
    [b]People that lack faith seek for signs.

He wasn't looking for a sign that he should have faith. Rather he asked for "guidance" and interpreted the email as such.

ThinkOfOne is like FMF. He thinks stuff like that from off the internet is something of substance and has some sort of truth in it.

Actually I transcribed it from the documentary. No surprise that you've deceitfully tried to depict it as you have.[/b]
    "He wasn't looking for a sign that he should have faith. Rather he asked for "guidance" and interpreted the email as such."

Do you recall the title of this thread? Your inference is that the email was a sign for guidance, no?

This is where you twist and slither around, right?

"Actually I transcribed it from the documentary."

What documentary? Where did you see it? YouTube?
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 May '18 20:00
    [b]"He wasn't looking for a sign that he should have faith. Rather he asked for "guidance" and interpreted the email as such."

Do you recall the title of this thread? Your inference is that the email was a sign for guidance, no?

This is where you twist and slither around, right?

"Actually I transcribed it from the documentary."

What documentary? Where did you see it? YouTube?[/b]
    Actually it was the prosecutor who took the email as "guidance" from the Lord.

The documentary was on PBS.

Your attempts to disparage are on the level of a young teen.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    22 May '18 20:02
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    When one prays to be led by God’s Holy Spirit and to be within God’s will and an instrument of God’s will - and does so sincerely - one does not need to look for signs.

God makes His will known through their mind and heart - not as outward signs.
    I must add this; God makes His will know through our minds and hearts by His Word through the instrumentality of the Holy Spirit.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    22 May '18 20:12

PBS?

I see there's no mention of God's Word and what it teaches concerning this topic by you. Instead you take your cues from what was probably a biased documentary, which is why you found it worth posting about. Suits your church and Christian bashing agenda.

Your attempts to bash the church and Christians is on the level of a young teen.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    22 May '18 20:15

"Actually it was the prosecutor who took the email as "guidance" from the Lord."

Remember the thread title? You are inferring that the "guidance" was a "sign" are you not?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 May '18 20:20
    PBS?

I see there's no mention of God's Word and what it teaches concerning this topic by you. Instead you take your cues from what was probably a biased documentary, which is why you found it worth posting about. Suits your church and Christian bashing agenda.

Your attempts to bash the church and Christians is on the level of a young teen.
    Instead you take your cues from what was probably a biased documentary...

lol. The documentary was about "a team of investigators that seek to prove the innocence of those wrongfully convicted." How exactly is the documentary "biased" in showing an interview of a prosecutor that was involved in one of the cases? The prosecutor said what he said.

You keep making nonsensical assertions. And they are on the level of a young teen. It's unfortunate that you refuse to accept that truth about yourself.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 May '18 20:24
    [b]"Actually it was the prosecutor who took the email as "guidance" from the Lord."

Remember the thread title? You are inferring that the "guidance" was a "sign" are you not?[/b]
    "Sign" was the prosecutor's word. Reread the OP. See if you can comprehend the prosecutor's words this time.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    22 May '18 20:25
    Why do you repeatedly bring up "the internet" as a source for me in your attempts to disparage? It doesn't make any sense. But then, whether or not something makes sense doesn't seem to be much of a consideration for you.
    "Why do you repeatedly bring up "the internet" as a source for me in your attempts to disparage?"

Why not? You are on the internet aren't you? You probably spend more time surfing the web, watching TV and listening to old Herbert W. Armstrong tapes than you do reading your Bible.

"It doesn't make any sense."

I bet you say that about the Bible too.

"But then, whether or not something makes sense doesn't seem to be much of a consideration for you."

Hey, that's a good one. Very clever. Be proud.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 May '18 20:32
    [b]"Why do you repeatedly bring up "the internet" as a source for me in your attempts to disparage?"

Why not? You are on the internet aren't you? You probably spend more time surfing the web, watching TV and listening to old Herbert W. Armstrong tapes than you do reading your Bible.

"It doesn't make any sense."

I bet you say that abou ...[text shortened]... em to be much of a consideration for you."[/b]

Hey, that's a good one. Very clever. Be proud.[/b]
    Listen SecondSon. It's obvious you aren't all that bright and never have been. Think back to when you were in school. Honestly ask yourself if you were ever in any real danger of being amongst the brightest. Shouldn't you humbly accept the truth about yourself?
  13. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    22 May '18 20:32
    From what I've seen, people like the prosecutor subscribe to the "personal relationship" idea. So they ask for "guidance" and take things like that email as a "sign" of that guidance. Or they'll say that they are leaving it in the Lord's "control" and take however things turn out to also be a "sign" that it was the Lord's will. I imagine that many who post on this forum do that, but may also deny it.
    I look for signs constantly and every so often get one, or at least I interpret it that way. But with an accused person's life on the line, I would not use a random email as license to pursue it.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    22 May '18 20:39
    [b]Instead you take your cues from what was probably a biased documentary...

lol. The documentary was about "a team of investigators that seek to prove the innocence of those wrongfully convicted." How exactly is the documentary "biased" in showing an interview of a prosecutor that was involved in one of the cases? The prosecutor said what he said ...[text shortened]... the level of a young teen. It's unfortunate that you refuse to accept that truth about yourself.[/b]
    "It's unfortunate that you refuse to accept that truth about yourself."

There it is. The real reason for you starting this thread is to bash the church and Christians. Fortunately you have the troll filling in your gaps in the assault.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 May '18 20:393 edits
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I look for signs constantly and every so often get one, or at least I interpret it that way. But with an accused person's life on the line, I would not use a random email as license to pursue it.
    Evidently like you the prosecutor was looking for a sign, thought he got one and interpreted it that way. It shows the folly in employing such a methodology whether it be with " an accused person's life on the line" or otherwise. That he did so with in this case is truly tragic. I shudder to think how many other times he has done so.

From what I've seen, many Christians employ such methodologies and delude themselves into thinking they are doing God's will.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree