1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    28 Aug '07 13:33
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Not really. Seen it already but I dont have much time to watch TV.
    "Victory is mine!" is a common line from that show. It's said by the character of Stewie, pictured in my avatar to the left. It really wasn't meant to be a snub.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Aug '07 14:24
    Originally posted by telerion
    "Victory is mine!" is a common line from that show. It's said by the character of Stewie, pictured in my avatar to the left. It really wasn't meant to be a snub.
    Glad to hear that. 🙂
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '07 22:54
    God thrives on terrorism and fear. Being on one's deathbed is, I'm sure, quite a fearful experience. It isn't surprising that people often accept God when they are not in a rational state.
  4. Joined
    19 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '07 23:121 edit
    Atheism is the belief that there is no God. This belief is equally dogmatic as the belief that there is a God, as neither stance is supported by empirical scientific evidence.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '07 23:15
    Originally posted by Akashic
    Atheism is the belief that there is no God. This belief is equally dogmatic as the belief that there is a God, as neither stance is supported by empirical scientific evidence.
    I agree! I am a Christian not because I love God (which I don't most of the time), but because I am mentally ill and am afraid of going to Hell.
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 04:08
    Do us all a little favor and think on things a bit longer. I know you fashion yourself quite clever, but others have thought on this problem much longer and developed it much more.
  7. Joined
    19 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 05:173 edits
    Originally posted by telerion
    Do us all a little favor and think on things a bit longer. I know you fashion yourself quite clever, but others have thought on this problem much longer and developed it much more.
    We would actually get somewhere if instead of using a simple ad hominem argument you replied with a logical response which proved your point.
  8. Joined
    13 Dec '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 05:191 edit
    Instead of using a simple ad hominem argument you might want to try replying with a logical response which proves your point.
    Ateapotism is the belief that there is not a small china teapot orbiting the sun somewhere in the asteroid belt. This belief is equally dogmatic as the belief that there is such a teapot, as neither stance is supported by empirical scientific evidence.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 07:07
    We would actually get somewhere if instead of using a simple ad hominem argument you replied with a logical response which proved your point.
    For starters, neither atheists nor theists need be dogmatic about their belief.
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 14:051 edit
    I've traveled that road too many times. The rub is whether your statement "[w]e would get somewhere" is actually true. I've learned from experience that when posters make plainly foolish remarks like your previous one, the probability of "getting somewhere" is quite small. For now, I'll save for my energies for posts that I feel deserve my attention. I may come back to this though if it shows promise later of being fruitful.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree