1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Sep '11 04:52
    Originally posted by Dasa
    So the meaning of life is to do your own thing.

Your own thing then becomes your meaning.

This is not correct but simply misdirecting persons.

The meaning of human life is to re-establish the forgotten relationship with God.

Our relationship with God is eternal and can never be broken.... but only forgotten.

Not accepting God or the individual so ...[text shortened]... ddha is God incarnate but Buddhists deny God........this is clearly interesting.

Namaste
    The goal of a Christian is to re-establish a relationship with God.
    We belief this can be done through his Son, Jesus the Christ.
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    04 Sep '11 05:391 edit
    Hitler did his own thing and millions suffered.

you contradict yourself with your ignorance. hitler was an authority. he established order and great advances in his country. what brought him down was competing authority.

Islam is doing their own thing and people are being blown up in buses.

islam, like the vedas, considers itself an authority.

So doing your own thing is condemned by the authority.

the only thing authority condemns are competing authorities.

authority wants to impose its will. authority wants unquestioning, loyal soldiers to do its bidding. authority imposes its will by might and by coercion. it is by its very nature immoral and worthless.

a true source of knowledge has no need to depend on authority for it is self-evident.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 02:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The goal of a Christian is to re-establish a relationship with God.
    We belief this can be done through his Son, Jesus the Christ.
    While you believe that Jesus ate meat and also recommends it to everyone then their will be no love of God or spiritual awakening achieved for anyone.........ever.
  4. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 13:43
    What was the OP about? Oh that's right "Taoist Meaning of life"!

So, as Taoists eat meat, they can have no meaning of life and all the ancient reflections and lives of their great sages mean absolutely squat..is that what you are saying, Dasa?
    Or are you just flooding a post with your own stuff and ignoring the OP?

Start another post somewhere else please about the evils of meat eating thank you. Its hard to follow a thread on a subject with poorly related matter filling the pages.
  5. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 14:06
    To RJHInd and Dasa,

My purpose in posting was to share what I thought was a clarifying and edifying statement about Taoist approach to understanding meaning in life.

I did not post it for arguments with or between a fundamentalist Christian promulgating his beliefs or an equally fundamental Hindu promulgating his, both with a total self possessed arrogance of "my view is correct and all others are total bunkum" which is totally at odds with a Taoist understanding and approach to sharing insights about life.

What you are doing is offensive to me and not appreciated. You both have ample opportunity to do your thing elsewhere, and do.

If you can't appreciate the good in other ways, please ignore my posts because they are all about appreciating ALL WAYS, not disparaging them !!!!!

Thank you.
  6. Utrecht
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 16:03
    It would be completely logical when RJHinds replies: 'Forgive me Father, for I did not know what I was doing'. 😉
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 16:26
    Originally posted by Taoman
    To RJHInd and Dasa,

My purpose in posting was to share what I thought was a clarifying and edifying statement about Taoist approach to understanding meaning in life.

I did not post it for arguments with or between a fundamentalist Christian promulgating his beliefs or an equally fundamental Hindu promulgating his, both with a total self possessed arro ...[text shortened]... ts because they are all about appreciating ALL WAYS, not disparaging them !!!!!

Thank you.
    You have shared your Op with everyone..... thank you, but to think that you can control how it develops and where it goes is ambitious.

Almost every post diverts into other ideas and points.......it just happens and if you go back over to all the other postings you will see this happening quiet often.
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 19:23
    To RJHInd and Dasa,

I did not post it for arguments with or between a fundamentalist Christian promulgating his beliefs or an equally fundamental Hindu promulgating his, both with a total self possessed arro ...[text shortened]... ts because they are all about appreciating ALL WAYS, not disparaging them !!!!!

Thank you.
    you should not take offense at them in the same way you would not take offense at a crippled man not being able to run. they are both trapped in the box of their own making. pity would be the more appropriate reaction, for they are like the horse lover.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 21:16
    What was the OP about? Oh that's right "Taoist Meaning of life"!

So, as Taoists eat meat, they can have no meaning of life and all the ancient reflections and lives of their great sages mean absolutely squat..is that what you are saying, Dasa?
    Or are you just flooding a post with your own stuff and ignoring the OP?

Start another post somewhere else pl ...[text shortened]... k you. Its hard to follow a thread on a subject with poorly related matter filling the pages.
    The purpose for attaining this human form of life is to re-kindle our lost relationship with God.............nothing less.

So any religion that supports animal killing prevents this from happening because killing animals is a great sin.

Doing your own thing allows one to accept killing.

Doing your own thing is is not recommended by the spiritual authority.

This violent, corrupt, greedy, materialistic ignorant world is directly related to doing your own thing.

On the other hand being submissive to true spiritual authority will achieve the opposite.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 22:26
    The meaning of life is to return back to the Tao. The one becomes many and then seeks to return to the one.

You prolly read that somewhere ,as I had, but to experience it means something else altogether
  11. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 23:431 edit
    You have shared your Op with everyone..... thank you, but to think that you can control how it develops and where it goes is ambitious.

Almost every post diverts into other ideas and points.......it just happens and if you go back over to all the other postings you will see this happening quiet often.
    I am well aware of that. That is not the point. My intention is to state clearly to you that I find it offensive when you post large items not only my posts but also others not always but too often) that;

- are totally irrelevent to the post and begin fights on doctrine, declare others dishonest ad infinitum because they disagree with you, and generally lower the whole tone of discussions of spirituality, a subject which is made a subsequent joke by your attitide;

- do so in a way that floods the post and breaks up the flow of appropriate discussions, not only on my posts but others.

- denigrates rather than builds up, rejects rather than accepts, and dishonours the highest in your own and other's faiths, while promoting division and acrimony.

It takes a lot for me to speak so strongly and I have sought previously other ways in seeking you to see what you are doing.

This is not a debating forum. Its title is spirituality. Get it, Dasa?

Of course, you are not alone. This forum appears, when you and others like you are in full flight, as far sometimes from true spirituality as we are from the moon!

As a consequence of your attitude if I had the control, sadly I would stop such participation in my posts. But I don't, so go on, be destructive, oh thou who proclaims the supremeacy of your way above all others.

I am now closing my participation in this specific post.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 23:49
    I am well aware of that. That is not the point. My intention is to state clearly to you that I find it offensive when you post large items not only my posts but also others not always but too often) that;

- are totally irrelevent to the post and begin fights on doctrine, declare others dishonest ad infinitum because they disagree with you, and generally lo ...[text shortened]... eacy of your way above all others.

I am now closing my participation in this specific post.
    I for one would like a discussion of Taoist philosophy without the fundies butting in. I know little about it and would love to learn.
  13. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 00:21
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I for one would like a discussion of Taoist philosophy without the fundies butting in. I know little about it and would love to learn.
    Agreed.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 01:27
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Agreed.
    me too
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 01:28

- are totally irrelevent to the post and begin fights on doctrine, declare others dishonest ad infinitum because they disagree with you, and generally lo ...[text shortened]... tone of discussions of spirituality, a subject which is made a subsequent joke by your attitide;
    rec'd

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree