1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 21:354 edits
    Some say your god is timeless...given the unsophisticated view that this god independently of our timeline does everything at once, where does he ahem...'find the time' to get things done?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 21:50
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Some say your god is timeless...given the unsophisticated view that this god independently of our timeline [b]does everything at once, where does he ahem...'find the time' to get things done?[/b]
    No, this cannot be true. He changes over time, he cannot be at all times at once. He is not outside the time, he is within.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 00:01
    Some say your god is timeless...given the unsophisticated view that this god independently of our timeline [b]does everything at once, where does he ahem...'find the time' to get things done?[/b]
    I think "timeless" simply means "eternal", which is a better discription in my opinon.

Being eternal simply means that God has no beginning and no end.

But this is interesting to me because I have often wondered if, since the time God created time, God isn't somehow, while yet eternal, in time.

I don't know!
  4. weedhopper
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 03:54
    I see it as everything is "in time"--Time is infinite in both directions. God, being omnipotent, can simply be in more places and times than one.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 05:17
    Time was created once the material world was created. It is simply a byproduct of the material universe. Of course, we have no point of reference to what lay before the Big Bang, and a lack of a material universe, therefore, such an existence is purely speculative.
  6. Break-twitching
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 06:06
    God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent; He is the alpha and the omega; He is the beginning and the end; time is immaterial to God; therefore, he has all the time in the world. I hope this answers your question.
  7. Break-twitching
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 06:06
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    No, this cannot be true. He changes over time, he cannot be at all times at once. He is not outside the time, he is within.
    WTF...?!?!
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 08:58
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    WTF...?!?!
    Within Time Father...
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 09:12
    Hey FF, you know my friend I 'm an atheist. However I think I can offer you an answer or two regarding this matter -in case you are interested, that is😵
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 09:29
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Hey FF, you know my friend I 'm an atheist. However I think I can offer you an answer or two regarding this matter -in case you are interested, that is😵
    I'm interested, especially if it gives me the answers I've sought...?
    Shoot, man, shoot.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 09:41
    he cannot be within time if time has a beginning
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 09:42
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    he cannot be within time if time has a beginning
    If time has not a beginning, there is no god?
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 09:43
    God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent; He is the alpha and the omega; He is the beginning and the end; time is immaterial to God; therefore, he has all the time in the world. I hope this answers your question.
    no, it doesn't answer anything, it is simply copied from a dogma book, not explained at all.

he is not omnipotent.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 09:45
    ...He is the beginning and the end...
    Beginning and end? Nothing in between? Oh, this explains it all.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 09:45
    If time has not a beginning, there is no god?
    if time has no beginning then there is no consequence on god. god could exist or not, be outside time or not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree