1. Break-twitching
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 05:00
    Originally posted by Agerg
    You could have just said your god is a makhijabalinloshnugjadonghhhyip...I'd be just as enlightened now as I was before!!!
    To put it another way your response here doesn't answer my problem 🙂
    I cannot satisfy you with any answer as you would probably still disbelieve, no? If you are a true atheist, no amount of explanation will do. I'm curious in that since I've been here, a little less than a couple of weeks, I've noticed that there a lot of atheists here. I've also noticed over the years that there seems to be a higher number of atheists per capita among chess players. Is there a coincidence, or is this a rule?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 08:31
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    I cannot satisfy you with any answer as you would probably still disbelieve, no? If you are a true atheist, no amount of explanation will do. I'm curious in that since I've been here, a little less than a couple of weeks, I've noticed that there a lot of atheists here. I've also noticed over the years that there seems to be a higher number of atheists per capita among chess players. Is there a coincidence, or is this a rule?
    actually, an atheist is far more likely to listen to a religious dude enumerating the benefits of religion. even if it won't make a believer out of him, he would still acknowledge them. a creationist however will never listen to an evolutionist or whatever because to them, the very act of considering an idea opposing their dogma is a sin. like god gave us intelligence and the ability to use it to discover the universe, and then forbid us to use it just to fuk with us. THAT is not intelligent design. your god is a mean kid with a magnifying glass.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 18:11
    "Since God isn't bound by time or space He can use it as He wills."
    I acknowledge you hold that to be true...I ask you to actually consder what that statement implies
    I think about that a lot, you have a point?
    Kelly
  4. weedhopper
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 21:31
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    no, it doesn't answer anything, it is simply copied from a dogma book, not explained at all.

he is not omnipotent.
    How do YOU know?
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 01:081 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I think about that a lot, you have a point?
    Kelly
    If you merely hold that your god is timeless...where timeless is to say "without time" then all things he must do will occur simultaneously, for if they didn't then they occur at different times. Thus with the primitive notion of timeless many theists hold you relegate your god's entire existence to a singularity (from its own perspective)
    I say your god can not be 'timeless', more if it exists then it exists within its own timeline (perhaps disinct from ours)
  6. Break-twitching
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 06:57
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    actually, an atheist is far more likely to listen to a religious dude enumerating the benefits of religion. even if it won't make a believer out of him, he would still acknowledge them. a creationist however will never listen to an evolutionist or whatever because to them, the very act of considering an idea opposing their dogma is a sin. like god gave us i ...[text shortened]... to fuk with us. THAT is not intelligent design. your god is a mean kid with a magnifying glass.
    Wow, do you sound angry. Did my God piss in your cereal this morning? Please allow me to educate you. I am a Christian, and I have an open mind, so I will listen to an atheist; your comment regarding 'creationists' not listining to an 'evolutionist' is bunk because I am engaging you in conversation. I believe the Bible, but I am not stupid enough to think evolution in some form or other is not taking place as I write, and has been for eons. Man is intelligent, but man is also stupid! ALL the world's current problems are caused by man. God designed the universe from pure intelligence. Do you really believe that earth could be so close to perfect because of random chance?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 15:081 edit
    If you merely hold that your god is timeless...where timeless is to say "without time" then all things he must do will occur simultaneously, for if they didn't then they occur at different times. Thus with the primitive notion of timeless many theists hold you relegate your god's entire existence to a singularity (from its own perspective)
    I say your god can ess', more if it exists then it exists within its own timeline (perhaps disinct from ours)
    I beg to differ, He is able to do that no doubt, but 'must' is another
    thing all together. Staying true to a time line within the bounds of
    a universe is just restraint, nothing more.
    Kelly
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 16:05
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I beg to differ, He is able to do that no doubt, but 'must' is another
    thing all together. Staying true to a time line within the bounds of
    a universe is just restraint, nothing more.
    Kelly
    It seems you merely object, since I imply there are things for which your god is bound to. Do you object to my stating that your god is bound to be a god sometimes?...is this restraint upon your god uncomfortable?
    Again if you strictly believe that your god is 'timeless' then every thing it must do, every thing it must decide, everything it must see, and so on, cannot happen at more than one instance for otherwise the period of separation between any two events whatever you wish to call it can be reduced to some notion of 'time'...this would then contradict 'timeless'...and so you then restrain your god's existence to a singularity from its perspective.
  9. Joined
    29 Nov '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '08 06:571 edit
    in response to the original message:

you're question deserves the answer "you are stupid"

heres how he does it. The secret to his success: he created logic. He placed you inside of it. Time works with logic. He sits outside of logic. He is like a man, looking at a painting that IS logic. He can walk away from logic/time. By asking a question taht limits him to time, you are showing the deserving of teh answer "you are stupid."

how bout you ask a question of logic to people who it conscerns? or an illogical question to him? cuz seriously that question doesn't make any sense.
  10. Joined
    29 Nov '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '08 06:59
    that is incorrect. I am sorry but creationists to try to explore scientific reasoning. That is why evolutionism is taught in public schools.
  11. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    12 Dec '08 08:49
    Originally posted by zeger55

heres how he does it. The secret to his success: he created logic. He placed you inside of it. Time works with logic. He sits outside of logic. He is like a man, looking at a painting that IS logic. He can walk away from logic/time. By asking a question tah ...[text shortened]... ns? or an illogical question to him? cuz seriously that question doesn't make any sense.
    heres how he does it. The secret to his success: he created logic. He placed you inside of it. Time works with logic. He sits outside of logic. He is like a man, looking at a painting that IS logic. He can walk away from logic/time.

Here you have attempted to make a logical argument, viz:

(1) God created logic;

(2) time is part of [“works with”] that logic;

(3) God is not bound by [“sits outside of”] the logic that he created;

(4) Therefore, God is not bound by [“can walk away from”] logic/time.

But, in making that argument, you defeat yourself. For, if God is not bound by logic, then God is not bound by that very logical argument that you have attempted to make.

One could as well say:

(1) God is not bound by logic;

(2) Therefore, God is bound by logic.

If logic does not hold for God, then there is nothing wrong with such a statement. It is certainly (even absurdly) illogical—but then, you claim that God is not bound by logic. In fact, if God is not bound by logic, then God can both exist and not exist at the same time. So, is there a god or isn’t there?

Why, oh why do some theists insist on such an illogical god?
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '08 09:03
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    How do YOU know?
    omnipotent implies there is nothing he cannot do. so if i find something he cannot do, he is not omnipotent correct?

like it was said in another thread, can god create an immovable object AND an unstoppable force?

some say god is good and everything he does is good, he has a plan. can god be evil then?

can god destroy himself?

therefore he is not omnipotent, just very very powerful.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '08 09:08
    Originally posted by vistesd
    [b]heres how he does it. The secret to his success: he created logic. He placed you inside of it. Time works with logic. He sits outside of logic. He is like a man, looking at a painting that IS logic. He can walk away from logic/time.

(1) God created logic;

(2) time is part of [“w ...[text shortened]... , is there a god or isn’t there?

Why, oh why do some theists insist on such an illogical god?[/b]
    hehe that argument is really good.

it is simple enough that any creationist might get.
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    12 Dec '08 19:16
    Originally posted by vistesd
    [b]heres how he does it. The secret to his success: he created logic. He placed you inside of it. Time works with logic. He sits outside of logic. He is like a man, looking at a painting that IS logic. He can walk away from logic/time.

(1) God created logic;

(2) time is part of [“w ...[text shortened]... , is there a god or isn’t there?

Why, oh why do some theists insist on such an illogical god?[/b]
    (1) God is not bound by logic;

(2) Therefore, God is bound by logic.

Quality!😀
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    12 Dec '08 19:264 edits
    Originally posted by zeger55

heres how he does it. The secret to his success: he created logic. He placed you inside of it. Time works with logic. He sits outside of logic. He is like a man, looking at a painting that IS logic. He can walk away from logic/time. By asking a question tah ns? or an illogical question to him? cuz seriously that question doesn't make any sense.
    Given that this and your other post were submitted at roughly the same time, it appears you desperately, badly need to convince someone they are stupid, that someone being me...Is this a response to people calling you stupid zeger55?...I say don't let em get you down mate, tell yourself everyday "I'm special!" 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree