YouTube
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 11:352 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Funny or disturbing or both?
    You vote
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dPbvxrv3bY
    that was the worst discourse I think I have ever heard. I would just like to point out
    that the majority of teaching and preaching the Kingdom message is done by Christian
    women, that discourse was an affront to my senses. Please note the contrast in the
    images and I produce it , not as an act of self promotion, but because we realise this
    simple fact,

http://www.jw.org/en/
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 15:40
    Everything this dude said is from the Bible. The women teaching men bit: from the Bible. Men being the head of the family and the head of the woman: from the Bible.

Though other Christians may disagree with his rather harsh delivery of it, everything he said about the Bible is correct. He even says they're not his words, that he's just "quoting". Yup, he's right.

So as the preacher in the video says, if any Christians have issue with how your religion is presented here: take it up with your God.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 15:582 edits
    Originally posted by vivify
    Everything this dude said is from the Bible. The women teaching men bit: from the Bible. Men being the head of the family and the head of the woman: from the Bible.

Though other Christians may disagree with his rather harsh delivery of it, everything he said about the Bible is correct. He even says they're not his words, that he's just "quoting". Yup y Christians have issue with how your religion is presented here: take it up with your God.
    everything, i see,

perhaps you might explain,

1. I never became a preacher because of a woman
    2. I never get my spirituality from a women,
    3. I never learned the Bible from a women

no i am taking it up with you, one thinks that the mans mother must have been
    practically redundant, so where does the Bible state that you cannot preach to
    others because you are a women, that you cannot learn spirituality from a women,
    that women are not qualified to teach,

his delivery was scandalous, not only was a he a self righteous megalomaniac that
    did not explain a single verse that he cited, the points he made were a gross
    distortion of the text. There are many wonderful examples of women of spirituality
    throughout the scriptures, perhaps if he read the text instead of pretending that he
    had something other than chauvinism, he would know that.

and yes,

The bible does state that a man is head of his wife, not all women, gross distortion
    number one. The man has no more authority over another mans wife or any
    member of the congregation that a non believer, if he thinks he does then he is
    grossly mistaken, for the unmarried women has the privilege of Jesus Christ being
    her so called, 'head'.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 16:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    that was the worst discourse I think I have ever heard. I would just like to point out
    that the majority of teaching and preaching the Kingdom message is done by Christian
    women, that discourse was an affront to my senses. Please note the contrast in the
    images and I produce it , not as an act of self promotion, but because we realise this
    simple fact,

http://www.jw.org/en/
    How does 1 Timothy 2:12 bear on this question?

http://bible.cc/1_timothy/2-12.htm

A typical translation:

Young's Literal Translation
    and a woman I do not suffer to teach, nor to rule a husband, but to be in quietness,
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 18:033 edits
    Originally posted by JS357
    How does 1 Timothy 2:12 bear on this question?

http://bible.cc/1_timothy/2-12.htm

A typical translation:

Young's Literal Translation
    and a woman I do not suffer to teach, nor to rule a husband, but to be in quietness,
    it means that the responsibility for organising the teaching within the congregation
    rests with the appointed elders.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 21:50
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Funny or disturbing or both?
    You vote
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dPbvxrv3bY
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 00:26
    We're all still paying for Eve's transgression, is what it boils down to.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 00:301 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, Eve "sinned" but Adam was held responsible for what we are all experiencing.

*edit not my thumb down btw
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 00:34
    Original sin is one of Christianities most disturbing and down right F***ed up ideas.

People are NOT responsible for the actions of their parents. Period.

They are especially not responsible for the actions of non-existent FICTIONAL parents.

An awful lot of modern day sexism and the trouble women have in society and the
    workforce are due to this particular little bit of Christian doctrine.

THIS is one of the things that you can list under the "what harm does it do?" category.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 00:35
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No, Eve "sinned" but Adam was held responsible for what we are all experiencing.

*edit not my thumb down btw
    No it was mine.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 00:38
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No it was mine.
    Of course it was.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 00:411 edit
    Of course it was.
    I have given you both up and down votes, depending entirely on the contents of your post.

I don't always disagree with you.

However you've got a lot of down-votes from me for your position on executing people.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 00:43
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Original sin is one of Christianities most disturbing and down right F***ed up ideas.

People are NOT responsible for the actions of their parents. Period.

They are especially not responsible for the actions of non-existent FICTIONAL parents.

An awful lot of modern day sexism and the trouble women have in society and the
    workforce are due to ...[text shortened]... .

THIS is one of the things that you can list under the "what harm does it do?" category.
    This bit of arrogance right here is one reason I tend to look down upon atheists. Or at least have a motivation to do so. You don't like the doctrine, so you stand on your soapbox and claim "but *I* haven't sinned!"

I mean God forbid that He should actually hold you responsible for your sin. How DARE He accuse you? This is the ONLY reason you see it as immoral and "dangerous". Because we say "all have sinned", but YOU can't take even this little slice of the burden of humanity.

So you make it all up that God is fictional because He DARES to accuse YOU of sin.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 00:45
    no, Eve was intellectually seduced, Adam deliberately sinned.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree