1. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 03:562 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    But didn't Christ already die for all our sins ?

Originally posted by RJHinds
    Not for yours. Only for us who believe [in] Him.
    There are countless people... Theist and Atheist alike... who either don't accept or don't understand what you just said.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 06:38
    Originally posted by sumydid
    There are countless people... Theist and Atheist alike... who either don't accept or don't understand what you just said.
    Perhaps we should just let the women decide what is a woman's place.
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 10:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So you are saying that you accept ordinary evidence by faith for the existence of Hitler and Stalin, but that you will not accept ordinary evidence of the existence of Jesus.

You also will not accept the extraordinary evidence of the existence of Jesus, so stop lying.
    No I am not saying that at all... Do you have reading comprehension troubles?

Faith, as you well know I define it, is the belief that a proposition is true WITHOUT evidence.

If you have evidence sufficient to justify a belief then you don't hold that belief by faith.

This is true of any belief you care to mention.

IF you had evidence that a god existed sufficient to justify believing in that god then you wouldn't
    be believing based on faith... you would be believing based on evidence.

It's the fact that you do not have ANY evidence FOR the existence of your god and insufficient for
    the existence of JC that makes your beliefs (and those of every other religion) faith based.

And I am not lying.... you however lie all the time, and everyone here knows it.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 13:132 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    My reason for writing my opinion on it is that yes, Eve sinned, but Adam paid the price. Well, so did Eve. She paid a higher price, given that she gave us all the pain of childbirth and the continual "second class citizen" status that bringing the fruit to Adam precipitated. And he sinned too, but Eve holds man's contempt for bringing him the fruit.
    The account of Adam and Eve is not a battle of the sexes, it is a parable God's order of things, and how he holds people accountable. Adam was given authority over all (including Eve btw) and he alone was held responsible through scripture as being the entry point of sin into mankind (Rom 5:12). Eve was punished for what she alone did and it seems harsh and somewhat unfair I agree, but that is because it is difficult to see the effect and outcome of Adam's actions and his loss of a perfect relationship with God; this Eve never had.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened to Eve if Adam had not eaten the fruit; I wonder if she would have been exiled without hope. I also wonder if Adam ate the fruit deliberately because he feared what God would do to Eve, i.e. he gave himself to save her; an interesting parallel of Christ and his own bride don't you think?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 20:131 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No I am not saying that at all... Do you have reading comprehension troubles?

Faith, as you well know I define it, is the belief that a proposition is true WITHOUT evidence.

If you have evidence sufficient to justify a belief then you don't hold that belief by faith.

This is true of any belief you care to mention.

IF you had evidence that a ed.

And I am not lying.... you however lie all the time, and everyone here knows it.
    Definition of FAITH

a: allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty

b (1): fidelity to one's promises (2): sincerity of intentions

a (1): belief and trust in and loyalty to God
    a (2): belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion

b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof
    b (2): complete trust

: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially: a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>

Synonyms: devotion, piety, religion

Antonyms: atheism, godlessness

Definition of FAITH

archaic

: believe, trust

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faith

It looks like you choose to accept definition 2. b (1) only; is that right?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 21:51
    Originally posted by sumydid
    I believe in JC. Well not as the only saviour or son of god or anything, but I believe there was a righteuos dude (real or fictional) that they call Jesus.

I guess you have to believe in him a certain way to be saved, eh? 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree