1. Cosmos
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 00:08
    ...if it was, then at least one miscarriage would have been investigated as manslaughter or unlawful killing.
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 10:25
    Originally posted by howardgee
    ...if it was, then at least one miscarriage would have been investigated as manslaughter or unlawful killing.
    Who is gonna be charged with manslaughter or unlawful killing, the man or the woman?
  3. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 10:32
    currently, yes, the law says that it isn't murder. that, however, does not mean that it isn't. that is why people are trying to change the law...
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 10:39
    No-one is saying that abortion in the sense of a natural miscarriage is murder. Look up "induced-abortion" and you might have a discussion on your hands. Btw, I'm really not in the mood for semantic gymnastics, so if you want to state your case do so by clearly by defining your terms, this includes "murder".
  5. England
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 15:56
    i firmly belive it is now as much as before. tho does the soul enter in conseption or later. Their is a question?
  6. Cosmos
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 20:29
    Originally posted by stoker
    i firmly belive it is now as much as before. tho does the soul enter in conseption or later. Their is a question?
    perhapz if u cud spel a bit beter, we may tace ur opiniun a bit more sereusly.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 20:30
    "You're not a human until you're in my phone book"

- Bill Hicks
  8. Cosmos
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 20:31
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    Who is gonna be charged with manslaughter or unlawful killing, the man or the woman?
    Well, the point is that neither is.

Because a miscarriage is not the accidental death of an individual with rights.

Just as abortion is not the murder of an individual with rights.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 21:061 edit
    If someone shoots an innocent pregnant woman and her fetus dies (but she lives), can the shooter be tried for manslaughter?
  10. Joined
    12 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 23:51
    Who wrote that? What is murder? Is murder the deliberate act of killing something? I guess murder can happen by accident or is it then murder? Let's assume murder is a deliberate act of killing. The argument then becomes is the 'thing' in the woman's womb a child or living being? If so, it is a form of selfish murder. The question would then be asked, When does life begin? At conception or sometime later in the womb or even at birth? This kind of statement can go on endlessly with question after question or opinion after opinion. It also becomes spiritual or religious in that ones faith in God or the Bible is brought into the picture or statement. If you believe that life begins at conception then it is murder. If you believe that life does not begin at conception but begins sometime later in the womb or at birth then it is still murder because you are snuffing the life out of a fellow human being before he/she even has a chance to live.
  11. Joined
    24 May '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 00:38
    Well, the point is that neither is.

Because a miscarriage is not the accidental death of an individual with rights.

Just as abortion is not the murder of an individual with rights.
    There is more at risk with an abortion than simply the violation of some kind of rights. One cannot seriously judge what is right and wrong by an interpretation of the Constitution. The question is not if the fetus has rights, but rather if it has a soul.
  12. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 02:04
    Originally posted by yousers
    The question is not if the fetus has rights, but rather if it has a soul.
    So does it? Does a fetus have a soul?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 07:321 edit
    God murders. See my FANATICISM thread.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 07:45
    Originally posted by STANG
    God murders. See my FANATICISM thread.
    Murder is a legal term, God cannot murder. If you want to put
    God on trial, go ahead but your authority doesn't go that far,
    while God's authority is total within the universe God spoke into
    being. See the Bible!
    Kelly
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 07:47
    Can a woman be charge with child abuse if she drinks, does drugs,
    and so on while there is a baby within her, providing she doesn't kill
    it with an abortion?
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree