Absurd Escapism

Absurd Escapism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Sep 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Why do you think Paul said he was the chief of sinners? As long as you think you are better than other people the gospel won't make sense to you.
I'm looking for a categorical statement from you that you perceive yourself as being equally as evil as a man who murdered millions of humans deliberately and methodically.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
04 Sep 16
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I'm looking for a categorical statement from you that you perceive yourself as being equally as evil as a man who murdered millions of humans deliberately and methodically.
According to what is written in the scriptures, getting angry with your brother is the same as murder, so yes I am guilty of mass murder in the eyes of God and deserve the same punishment.

F

Moves
04 Sep 16

In the sight of God, getting angry with your brother is the same as murder, so yes I am guilty of mass murder in the eyes of God and deserve the same punishment.
You are "guilty of mass murder in the eyes of God" and you "deserve the same punishment" as a mass murderer, and that constitutes a definition/example of "fairness" and "real justice" in your view; that is your stance on the morality of justice?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
04 Sep 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You are "guilty of mass murder in the eyes of God" and you "deserve the same punishment" as a mass murderer, and that constitutes a definition/example of "fairness" and "real justice" in your view; that is your stance on the morality of justice?
That is what the Bible says.If is it true that all sins are equal then it is logically fair for all sinners to have the same punishment. And if that is true ALL sin will be fairly punished.

Now go ahead and pretend that your relative view of justice that is based upon the constantly changing views of people is better. A system where the guilty can walk free and the innocent can be unfairly hanged. A system where judges and juries can be bribed. A system where a mass murder and a pedophile can easily escape justice.

F

Moves
04 Sep 16

That is what the Bible says....
And is it your own personal stance on the morality of justice?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
04 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF
And is it your own personal stance on the morality of justice?
It is my stance on 'divine justice' as depicted by the Bible.

F

Moves
04 Sep 16

Now go ahead and pretend that your relative view of justice that is based upon the constantly changing views of people is better. A system where the guilty can walk free and the innocent can be unfairly hanged. A system where judges and juries can be bribed. A system where a mass murder and a pedophile can easily escape justice.
I don't have a view of justice that posits that everyone is as evil as Nazi mass murderers and that everyone should be punished as if they were Nazi mass murderers, regardless of what they were actually "guilty" of. So I have no difficulty believing that my view of justice is better than yours. As I have said before, your notions of "justice" smell of the very worst and most depraved and grotesque regimes set up down through history, the most ghastly ideologies, and a complete and utter dystopia.

F

Moves
04 Sep 16
1 edit

What practical moral lessons can humanity draw about justice from your concepts [i.e. 'all wrongdoing = equally evil' and 'fairness = same punishment for everything'] as it tries to formulate and implement justice here 'on earth'?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
04 Sep 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
What practical moral lessons can humanity draw about justice from your concepts [i.e. 'all wrongdoing = equally evil' and 'fairness = same punishment for everything'] as it tries to formulate and implement justice here 'on earth'?
You will never get away with anything. God sees every action and every thought. Whether you steal some sugar at the table or a million dollars you are still a thief. You are no better than everyone else so stop looking down on them. If you get angry with your brother you are no better than a murderer. If you neglect the widows and the orphans you are guilty before God. So by that standard all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. However if you repent and believe the gospel, (that Jesus died and took all your sins upon himself) God can forgive you, cleanse you, remove your heart of stone and replace it with a heart of flesh where his laws are written on your heart. Then no one will need to tell you what is right and wrong but you will be lead by his spirit into all righteousness.

F

Moves
04 Sep 16

You will never get away with anything. God sees every action and every thought. Whether you steal some sugar at the table or a million dollars you are still a thief. You are no better than everyone else so stop looking down on them. If you get angry with your brother you are no better than a murderer. If you neglect the widows and the orphans you are gui ...[text shortened]... d to tell you what is right and wrong but you will be lead by his spirit into all righteousness.
This quite simply has ignored the question you were purportedly responding to. Please read the question again. I'd be interested in your answer.

F

Moves
04 Sep 16

So by that standard all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. However if you repent and believe the gospel, (that Jesus died and took all your sins upon himself) God can forgive you, cleanse you, remove your heart of stone and replace it with a heart of flesh where his laws are written on your heart.
It seems to me that you are [1] declaring everyone to be equally evil, and as evil as evil can possibly be [with absolutely no degrees or depths of evil, and no differentiation between the evil deeds done], and then [2] declaring yourself to be "forgiven" for this evil because you believe in Jesus. Mmm. That's quite a self-serving philosophy you've concocted for yourself there!

Moves
04 Sep 16

According to what is written in the scriptures, getting angry with your brother is the same as murder, so yes I am guilty of mass murder in the eyes of God and deserve the same punishment.
This is the most ridiculous pile of nonsensical misanthropy I've read since sonship told us all that it was god's "perfect justice" that anyone who did not accept the loving forgiveness of Jesus would be tortured for eternity by him in a burning hell.

F

Moves
04 Sep 16

Were all the Apostles equally as evil as Adolf Eichmann?

Moves
04 Sep 16
1 edit

You will never get away with anything. God sees every action and every thought. Whether you steal some sugar at the table or a million dollars you are still a thief. You are no better than everyone else so stop looking down on them. If you get angry with your brother you are no better than a murderer. If you neglect the widows and the orphans you are gui ...[text shortened]... d to tell you what is right and wrong but you will be lead by his spirit into all righteousness.
You have read the gospel, the good news, but quite clearly you have no idea how to intercept it nor communicate it, because you have swallowed a fabrication.

You must be American, only American Christians seem to come out with this ridiculous polarised doctrinal waffle about someone who is angry with another person being as guilty of evil as a global mass-murdering blood-lusting despot.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
04 Sep 16
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
This is the most ridiculous pile of nonsensical misanthropy I've read since sonship told us all that it was god's "perfect justice" that anyone who did not accept the loving forgiveness of Jesus would be tortured for eternity by him in a burning hell.
So tell me then what is the truth in your opinion.