1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '14 20:142 edits
    FMF,
    The greater value of Christ is not in how we do good because we put faith in Christ, but how He prepares us for God's fellowship by changing our spiritual condition through salvation for eternal life around God's existence and with Christ's believers.

Christians may live good lives and help others, but Christ is even greater than that! He gives us eternal life!
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '14 23:39
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    My concern is that scientists can take unproven things and try to make something of them that isn't proved. Do you think that science has proven cosmological origin and human origin?

No. Not yet. But then, neither have you.

Lastly, why do you not have faith in Christ?

I don't find the Bible to be credible in so far as it is used to make claims about the divinity of Christ or the nature of God.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '14 23:45
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    The greater value of Christ is not in how we do good because we put faith in Christ, but how He prepares us for God's fellowship by changing our spiritual condition through salvation for eternal life around God's existence and with Christ's believers. Christians may live good lives and help others, but Christ is even greater than that! He gives us eternal life!
    I might be more interested in the "how [you] do good because [you] put faith in Christ" bit, and the "Christians may live good lives and help others" bit, because I do not believe in "eternal life" bit. Perhaps you can bear this in mind when you engage me, whilst propagating the immortality thing to those who already [or maybe inclined to] believe it. I am more interested in how spiritual beliefs affect how people behave and how those beliefs affect their intellect and emotions and interpersonal skills. You just telling me over and over and over again about "eternal life" is interesting to witness, but it's not a belief that I am going to share; on the contrary, it is a belief that I have shed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree