floyd - nope
    coldplay - no, no, no!!!
    zepplin - yes
    beatles - yes.
    stones - yes.
    leppard - shame on you, no!!!!
    sabbath - yes.
    ozzy - no.
    duran duran - really, this must be a joke, [b]NO!!!!

dragonforce - dont know them, so ill say no anyway.
    muse -tough one, a few decent songs....poor albums......so no.

does everybody on religion forum have really bad taste in music, except me

😀[/b]
    Even Pink Floyd no??? Agree with you about Coldplay though. Horribly overrated. Like U2. Incidentlally, Bono might be the only rockstar to go heaven. Which makes hell even more interesting.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '12 09:22
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    off the top of my head; the great ones.
    queen, floyd, coldplay, zepplin, beatles, rolling stones, def leppard, black sabbath/ozzy, duran duran, dragonforce...
    genesis, king crimson, the police, kinks, david bowie, the jam, faces/small faces, the clash, the who, bay city rollers, T-Rex, ian dury, mungo jerry...
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Jul '12 09:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    genesis, king crimson, the police, kinks, david bowie, the jam, faces/small faces, the clash, the who, bay city rollers, T-Rex, ian dury, mungo jerry...
    genesis - i cant even look at you....no!!!!
    king crimson - no, but a respectful no.
    the police - the cold play of their day, yawn....no.
    kinks - yes
    david bowie - yes and no
    the jam - yes!!
    faces/small faces - no
    the clash - yes
    the who - sorry, for me its a no.
    bay city rollers - only if you are a 12yr old girl.
    t-rex - ............tough.......but okay, just.
    ian dury - easy yes.
    mungo jerry - not sure, ill say yes, i like the name.
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 00:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    more good stuff. that list was off the top of my head. some good memories in your list, though t-rex is one i've never heard of.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 00:37
    more good stuff. that list was off the top of my head. some good memories in your list, though t-rex is one i've never heard of.
    Some personal British favourites which may not, however, have been 'successful exports' in the world of pop and rock... Magazine, Caravan, Lloyd Cole, Robert Wyatt, Del Amitri, Brand X, Immaculate Fools, XTC, Elvis Costello, John Martyn, David Sylvian, The Waterboys...
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 09:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    Some personal British favourites which may not, however, have been 'successful exports' in the world of pop and rock... Magazine, Caravan, Lloyd Cole, Robert Wyatt, Del Amitri, Brand X, Immaculate Fools, XTC, Elvis Costello, John Martyn, David Sylvian, The Waterboys...
    no!!!!!!! (except david sylvian, he gets all right, lloyd cole can sneak in with him).

acceptable answers would include -

the smiths
    radiohead
    joy division
    british seapower
    the levellers
    billy bragg
    the editors
    maximo park
    blur
    pj harvey
    kate bush
    gene

there is only one thing worse than chritianity....and that is prog rock!!!!
  7. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 12:11
    I must admit to being a bit of a prog-rock fan, especially when it doesn't take itself seriously.

So early Genesis, Pink Floyd, Yes, Jethro Tull (though their prog rock albums were entirely taking the p*ss)

On the T-Rex note, I had a 'fun' experience maintaining a piece of software many years ago: I needed to make a change to the functionality that sent messages to the Sales and Marketing application. I discovered that the author had put this into a function appropriately named TelegramSAM and had named the author as Mark Bolan. Unfortunately, this was where the fun stopped because the author had gone the extra mile and named his variables 'jungle', 'faced', 'jake', 'make', 'no' and 'mistake'.

--- Penguin.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 15:58
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    Have a listen to The Nice, Traffic, Procol Harum, Pretty Things, Moody Blues, Renaissance, Rare Bird, Pete Sinfield, Klaus Schultze, Kingdom Come, Aphrodite's Child, Atomic Rooster, Ash Ra Tempel, Van Der Graaf Generator, Can, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Caravan, Curved Air, Focus, Wigwam, Yes, Argent, Supersister, Savage Rose, Genesis, Electric Light Orchestra, Strawbs, Premiata Forneria, Marconi, Genesis, Yes, Wishbone Ash, Lard Free, Amon Duul II, Nektar, Ange, Le Orme, Clearlight, Seventh Wave, Gong, Gentle Giant, Henry Cow, Samla Mammas Manna, Hatfield & The North, Banco, Magma, Faust, Quiet Sun, Golden Earring and then get back to me.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 16:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    Have a listen to The Nice, Traffic, Procol Harum, Pretty Things, Moody Blues, Renaissance, Rare Bird, Pete Sinfield, Klaus Schultze, Kingdom Come, Aphrodite's Child, Atomic Rooster, Ash Ra Tempel, Van Der Graaf Generator, Can, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Caravan, Curved Air, Focus, Wigwam, Yes, Argent, Supersister, Savage Rose, Genesis, Electric Light Orch ...[text shortened]... , Hatfield & The North, Banco, Magma, Faust, Quiet Sun, Golden Earring and then get back to me.
    At Dream Theater to that list. Brilliant band. Scenes From A Memory is one of the greatest concept albums ever.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 16:30
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    At Dream Theater to that list. Brilliant band. Scenes From A Memory is one of the greatest concept albums ever.
    I forgot The Flower Kings, Phish, Ozric Tentacles and Tangerine Dream.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Jul '12 17:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Have a listen to The Nice, Traffic, Procol Harum, Pretty Things, Moody Blues, Renaissance, Rare Bird, Pete Sinfield, Klaus Schultze, Kingdom Come, Aphrodite's Child, Atomic Rooster, Ash Ra Tempel, Van Der Graaf Generator, Can, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Caravan, Curved Air, Focus, Wigwam, Yes, Argent, Supersister, Savage Rose, Genesis, Electric Light Orch ...[text shortened]... , Hatfield & The North, Banco, Magma, Faust, Quiet Sun, Golden Earring and then get back to me.
    its a huge list, give me your top five and ill give'em a spin.

please dont put 'yes' in the list. they make my ears cry.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jul '12 10:02
    no!!!!!!! (except david sylvian, he gets all right, lloyd cole can sneak in with him).

acceptable answers would include -

the smiths
    radiohead
    joy division
    british seapower
    the levellers
    billy bragg
    the editors
    maximo park
    blur
    pj harvey
    kate bush
    gene

You cant dismiss a whole genre
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Jul '12 10:07
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    free jazz. thats two whole genres dismissed!!!
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Jul '12 10:08
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    techno - thats 3
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jul '12 10:10
    techno - thats 3
    There's always at least in tune in any genre that I love. But hey... that's me,eh 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree